Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 08:06 PM

1,064 posts, read 2,664,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecilia22 View Post
you know what i cant believe you people support sending illegals back to mexico
The key word here is "illegals". There are no laws against immigrating here, but there are laws to follow. If you don't follow those laws, there are consequences.

Its as simple as that. Its time to stop playing the racist card and understand how it really works.

How about that Mexican Auto Insurance? What if I drove down there without it and got arrested? Should I start a ruccus and call them racist? Or would I have to realize that I didn't follow the law and so now pay the consequence.

Last edited by cmist; 12-15-2009 at 08:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2009, 08:23 PM

2,897 posts, read 10,417,073 times
Quote:
you know what i cant believe you people support sending illegals back to mexico all they are trying to do is get a good job to support their families just like you . My husband was sent back 2 years ago and he is not a criminal all he was doing was supporting our family and yes we only have one child who no longer has his father in his life because of racists people who want the USA to be all white people again. I am Mexican but born in the US and so is our son who is latino . When did our Lord say that its ok to be fighting over land? Remember the commandment that says love tho neighbor????????
What about the U.S. citizens trying to get good jobs and support their families?

Your husband obviously came here illegally, if he can't respect the laws of this country, why should he be allowed to be here?

Old 12-16-2009, 02:26 PM

966 posts, read 1,346,137 times
Quote:
you know what i cant believe you people support sending illegals back to mexico all they are trying to do is get a good job to support their families just like you . My husband was sent back 2 years ago and he is not a criminal all he was doing was supporting our family and yes we only have one child who no longer has his father in his life because of racists people who want the USA to be all white people again. I am Mexican but born in the US and so is our son who is latino . When did our Lord say that its ok to be fighting over land? Remember the commandment that says love tho neighbor????????
Cecilla, You are part of the problem, you were born here but call yourself a mexican, and not a American.I am a American, of German desent, not a German American. Your husband was sent back to mexico because he was here illegally, or in other words, He was a criminal who broke into our country and took a job from a US citizen, who is also trying to get a job to support HIS family. He is lucky that he was just deported and not treated like a common criminal and locked up in jail for years.

You also play the race card, we are not racists, but what we are is law abidding. If you break the law, you suffer the results, a Illegal is just that, ILLEGAL. If he wants to be here, do it the right way, the legal way and become a US citizen.

Old 12-16-2009, 02:43 PM

1,064 posts, read 2,664,766 times
Another thing I don't understand is....

Why not be mad at your own country for creating the condition that causes the need to flee north? Why is there this attitude that they have a god given right to cross over illegally rather than protesting their own government that is obviously doing something wrong if their citizens can't find work in their homeland?

Each of our countries have their own problems to address, and one of our problems happens to be "illegals".

What does Mexico need to address so the need for escaping is diminished? Why not turn inward to your own country and blame them so you can progress toward fixing your own nation? Focusing your energy in that direction may help all would be illegals rather than just yourself.

Thats one of the things I like about the Latin American countries further south. When they don't like a politician they literally THROW them out. How come you guys in Mexico don't do something like that? Take your country back and stop being a victim.

Old 12-17-2009, 06:47 AM

110 posts, read 247,979 times
Cmist, I agree. What gets me is that the Illegals come here, obtain social services and free medical care....and then you see a Mexican flag sticker on their car and the Mexican flag in their front yard. They appear to remain loyal to their country and want to destroy ours. They are disrespectful to our culture and to our values. I just don't get it.

Old 12-17-2009, 07:16 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,131,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassy2 View Post
Cmist, I agree. What gets me is that the Illegals come here, obtain social services and free medical care....and then you see a Mexican flag sticker on their car and the Mexican flag in their front yard. They appear to remain loyal to their country and want to destroy ours. They are disrespectful to our culture and to our values. I just don't get it.
Two words come to mind: White guilt-----------never mind that mine died afther those illegal 'immigrants' rights' marches in May 2006.

Many Mexicans are still sore over the USA taking 1/2 of their country in 1848---------despite them doing that exact same thing against Spain in 1821. Too; Mexico lost Guatemala in the 1830's but they obviously do not want that land back for whatever the reason.

And possibly the saddest irony is Germany after WW II rebuilt itself into a socioeconomic powerhouse (West Germany) from almost total destruction within one generation (20 years). We are discussing 4-5 million young men being killed out of a total population of ca. 80 million, losing Silesia, E Prussia, etc. as well as having to pay reparations--------and, that does not count the (temperary) loss of East Germany.

My point being is that Germany was mauled very badly albeit by its own actions yet it fully recovered-------------why is Mexico unable (or unwilling) to do something similar? It has the capability to be another Japan---------with lots of natural resources. Note that the last time there was a war on Mx soil was 100 years ago so that is not an excuse.

Old 12-17-2009, 08:34 AM

223 posts, read 596,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Two words come to mind: White guilt-----------never mind that mine died afther those illegal 'immigrants' rights' marches in May 2006.

Many Mexicans are still sore over the USA taking 1/2 of their country in 1848---------despite them doing that exact same thing against Spain in 1821. Too; Mexico lost Guatemala in the 1830's but they obviously do not want that land back for whatever the reason.
I really doubt most Mexicans alive today feel strongly one way or another about what happened 150 years ago... they are economically challenged and have bigger things to worry about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
And possibly the saddest irony is Germany after WW II rebuilt itself into a socioeconomic powerhouse (West Germany) from almost total destruction within one generation (20 years). We are discussing 4-5 million young men being killed out of a total population of ca. 80 million, losing Silesia, E Prussia, etc. as well as having to pay reparations--------and, that does not count the (temperary) loss of East Germany.

My point being is that Germany was mauled very badly albeit by its own actions yet it fully recovered-------------why is Mexico unable (or unwilling) to do something similar? It has the capability to be another Japan---------with lots of natural resources. Note that the last time there was a war on Mx soil was 100 years ago so that is not an excuse.
I think there are two tiny details being overlooked here;
1) the Marshal plan , whereby we gave billions to Germany to help them recover (imagine the outcry if we tried to help Mexico in this manner today!) and
2) Germany was an economic powerhouse before the war and already had much of the infrastructure and natural resources.

The truth is, many illegals in this country are doing jobs that locals simply would not do. The California agricultural industry would not survive without them, and Republican governor Schwartzenegger concedes this.

Old 12-17-2009, 08:43 AM

3,995 posts, read 10,017,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steerpike View Post
I really doubt most Mexicans alive today feel strongly one way or another about what happened 150 years ago... they are economically challenged and have bigger things to worry about.

I think there are two tiny details being overlooked here;
1) the Marshal plan , whereby we gave billions to Germany to help them recover (imagine the outcry if we tried to help Mexico in this manner today!) and
2) Germany was an economic powerhouse before the war and already had much of the infrastructure and natural resources.

The truth is, many illegals in this country are doing jobs that locals simply would not do. The California agricultural industry would not survive without them, and Republican governor Schwartzenegger concedes this.
Another reason Mexico can't recover or establish a vast middle class is because of huge corporate greed. Mexico has many more millionaires and wealthy families compared to the U.S. that keep the wealth within an old established class. There is a very real aristocracy in Mexico and a large feudal class as well "kept" by that aristocratic society...

Old 12-17-2009, 10:37 AM

56 posts, read 114,652 times
Very interesting thread with some great opinions put forth.
If i could ass my piece as someone who is looking in,here in the UK we have the very same problem with immigration.
People see the UK as a place to make their fortune,trouble is the majority who come to our shores do so illegally which is where the problems really start.
First of all they will work for a cheaper salary and ignore any workers rights or health and safety,which the employers love and lap up.
In turn the wage structure has shrunk somewhat and we the British people are expected to work in the same conditions with less pay,if we don't then the illegal will step in and do it instead.
On top of that the vast majority of them send their money back home to their own country so the money they earn doesn't stay within the UK and businesses and the economy suffers.
All the while the unemployment figure for British workers goes through the roof.
Now here is the twist.
When caught they will always claim and play the racial card!!
Then to cap it all you have do gooders who back them and the government bows down to them and we the people suffer!
I have no problem whatsoever with anyone wanting to emigrate to another country(i myself is trying to get to the US)
as long as it is legal and the proper channels are followed.
Now illegal immigration i do have a problem with!
For a start without sounding like scaremongering,in these changed days where terrorism is rife,wouldn't you want to know who is living next to you?

Old 12-17-2009, 10:48 AM

300 posts, read 952,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steerpike View Post
IThe truth is, many illegals in this country are doing jobs that locals simply would not do. The California agricultural industry would not survive without them, and Republican governor Schwartzenegger concedes this.

I really hate it when people say this. So your saying Mexicans will do jobs Americans are unwilling? I think its more like Americans can't compete with the low wages Mexicans will work for, therefore they have the upper-hand. Also, what about states that have a low "illegal" population, oh wait there are Americans doing those jobs...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area