Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 10:37 AM

9,822 posts, read 11,208,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post

Bottom line . . . law abiding citizens are rarely concerned with law enforcement.

! ! ! ! ! !

I suppose you can write it off as paranoid. What can I say, I am not a fan of big brother.

Since you have nothing to hide, then let's audit your taxes yearly, have you take drug tests semi annually, put a camera over your desk, attach a GPS to your car to verify your speed, allow your spouse to see what websites you visit.

Hey, "law abiding citizens are rarely concerned with law enforcement".

If you don't understand the concept of a slippery slope then all of the explaining in the world won't help you understand my point.

Independent of that point of view, I agree with the camera concept if it was a matter of stopping speeding. But when "enforcement" turns into revenue, I have a problem with that. Most rational people also have a concern and wouldn't be silly enough to write it off as paranoia.

Oh. "! ! ! ! ! "
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2009, 10:51 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,277,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxBarb View Post
I just got my first ticket in AZ at the speed camera at Ray and Arizona. Let me say, the car has a temp tag cause I just got it a week ago. I didn't even think it was registered to me yet, but lo and behold, Chandler sent me a ticket, with the photo pictures showing my car, my head, etc etc. The truth is I was in the intersection and the light turned yellow and I speeded up. I have done this alot of times, to get out of the intersection. But I was clocked at 46 in a 35 zone. I thought 11miles over would be forgiven. Not a chance! The total ticket is $210. I am doing the traffic school thing to keep it off my insurance and that will cost me $195. There just is no way around these cameras and my take on this whole this is : Find out where the cameras are and avoid them.
There is a a way to avoid it. The ticket you got was in Chandler, so you can simply ignore it. I also recently wrote a thread about this item, which will flip your license plate down so the camera cannot photograph it.....

Trick Plate - Flip you license plate down with the click of the wireless remote control - Our License Plate Flip Technology

Old 08-16-2009, 11:18 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,300,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Do you actually support these camera's?
Yes

Old 08-16-2009, 11:20 AM

304 posts, read 932,358 times
The owner of the car should receive a ticket.
Then you will owe them.

Old 08-16-2009, 11:23 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,277,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuffavail View Post
Then you will owe them.
That is not how it works. The owner receives the ticket, who then returns the document saying they are not the driver. The owner then puts down the drivers name and the city choses whether or not to pursue them.

Old 08-16-2009, 06:17 PM

140 posts, read 467,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuffavail View Post
Then you will owe them.
That's awesome! It opens up all sorts of possibilities of getting revenge against your enemies! Send a false ticket to your camera loving pals and have them bask in the glory of handing 180$ over to the gubmint. The possibilities are endless!

Maryland Teens Using Speed Cameras To Punk Enemies - Speed Camera Pimping Game - Jalopnik

Students at Montgomery High School in southern Maryland have apparently been reprinting copies of the license plates of people they don't like, attaching them to their own cars and driving past traffic cameras at high rates of speed. The result is a $40 fine sent to the hated peer or teacher. Moderator cut: just the link and a few sentences, no the whole story

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 09-11-2009 at 01:13 PM..

Old 08-16-2009, 06:22 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,728,742 times
Quote:
Sounds like a little PARANOIA to me, Ponderosa . . . how 'bout you?

Bottom line . . . law abiding citizens are rarely concerned with law enforcement.

! ! ! ! ! !
Can't wait until you get one in the mail. These companies deliberately shorten the yellow cycle so that you will go through a red. That is making the intersection more unsafe. Arizona is a disgrace with this crap

Old 08-16-2009, 09:43 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,737,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Can't wait until you get one in the mail. These companies deliberately shorten the yellow cycle so that you will go through a red. That is making the intersection more unsafe. Arizona is a disgrace with this crap
If and when I do get a ticket, Boompa . . . I'LL PAY IT w/ NO P&M.

Old 08-17-2009, 05:54 AM

9,822 posts, read 11,208,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by numeflua View Post
My car, which is registered in NY, is broken down. So I'm borrowing a friend's car to drive while I look for a new one.

Today, I was driving south on 51 and right before the Camelback exit, I got flashed. I looked down and I was doing about 63 in a 55.

1) Does a flash mean I will definitely get a ticket?
2) Will my friend get the ticket since he owns the car?
3) Can I weasel out of this somehow since he wasn't the one driving and it's not my car?

See Phoenix News - Gotcha! - page 1

According to this article, mailing in a ticket does not constitute legally serving the ticket. If you sign it, you wave your rights.

Since he is out of state, no one will be serving him as the cities outsource the serving procedures to a private business. After 120 days months it will be off his record.

I'm no expert on this one but as the article says, the risk is an additional $30 if they find you inside of 120 days.

Old 08-17-2009, 09:29 PM

140 posts, read 467,635 times
Quote:
If and when I do get a ticket, Boompa . . . I'LL PAY IT w/ NO P&M.
What happens if you are driving the speed limit and STILL get a ticket? Happened before, it will happen again. Will you then bend over and take it in the shorts? You're a fine upstanding young citizen. The government appreciates your unfailing subservience. The next dictator will surely love your blind obedience.

Foothills Focus - New picture develops on photo radar issue

At North Valley, part of the problem was due to highway signs, or the lack thereof. For a significant period of time, people received tickets for going 66 or 67 in a 55 mph zone. The problem was that the temporary 55 mph sign was often after the camera. As such, we have had hundreds of hearing requests. Thus far, drivers in this category have almost always been found not responsible at their hearing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area