Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 02:28 PM

133 posts, read 377,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
Phoenix had the largest percentage of jobs lost and the largest actual number of jobs lost of any other large city in the past year.

Motown has been shedding jobs for decades; there just aren't many more jobs to cut back there.

The unenjoyment "rate" doesn't really tell the whole story....

While we most likely won't see $500 home prices here in the Valley of the Sun, this 'lil "correction" is gonna be around for a long time.

Check out the Maricopa County Tax Valuations for 2011. They are showing a 50% REDUCTION from 2010! That is bad news for all of Arizona, but especially for Phoenix. Look it up at http://www.maricopa.gov
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2010, 03:17 PM

39,178 posts, read 51,494,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GilbertMom View Post
Check out the Maricopa County Tax Valuations for 2011. They are showing a 50% REDUCTION from 2010! That is bad news for all of Arizona, but especially for Phoenix. Look it up at Maricopa County, Arizona
Mine only went down 14% from 2010. I don't know if I am lucky or not.

Old 02-27-2010, 12:13 AM

223 posts, read 598,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GilbertMom View Post
What, exactly, was "the height of the market?" Our neighbors bought in 2002 for $240,000 (2100 sq. ft, 3-car garage, large lot beautiful pool, excellent neighborhood, granite countertops, etc.) and a realtor wants to put it on the market for $260,000 in 2010, after putting more than 30,000 into the house. Your boy, George, was in charge of the "lost decade." Before the lost decade, money doubled every ten years. So, not only did we lose a decade of value, but we lost the doubling effect as well.
I was merely trying to be accurate about the situation at hand; 'George' was not my boy - I despise the man and blame him for the big mess we are in. Rampant deregulation allowing greedy wall street money folks to get 'creative' with all their re-packaging of debt was a huge component of this.

Old 02-27-2010, 06:46 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,339,803 times
The home values will "drop" in an area because of the foreclosures = abandoned properties, if you have many unattended properties in a sub division then their value will drop! because who ever buys a property like that buys it "as is" and they'll have to repaint, fix whatever was damaged, replace appliances etc (as the banks won't remodel or add appliances if they were removed etc nor will maintain the property)....therefore, if you have a well maintained home next to 3 foreclosures sure your property value will drop too.........who wants to live next to deserted properties? it only makes sense! It is sad indeed, but abandoned properties will help devalue yours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area