Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 08:13 AM

105 posts, read 244,003 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by asufan View Post
If you are looking at buying and building from a new home builder, I would probably plan for $200,000+ in upgrades (including pool/landscaping), to conform with the neighborhood. So see if you can find new homes with a base price of $550K-$800K. Toll Brothers has a nice community called Windgate Ranch in Scottsdale. It's a really nice location that is near the Western slope of the McDowell Mountains, yet still ~2 miles from the freeway to get into town, and very close to the high end shopping/fine dining at DC Ranch. They have a few different levels of housing product at Windgate Ranch. A lot of the new builders in the area are going to be quite a bit over $1mm. Another option is Desert Ridge, which is in Phoenix just adjacent to the Scottsdale border. I would start at the Toll Brothers website and see what Windgate Ranch has to offer.

Great thanks for the reply.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2009, 08:46 AM

652 posts, read 2,716,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildmark View Post
Wow what a great welcome, I wish now I would have said I was looking in the $150k-250k range
I'm not sure where the condos in the $150 range are but anyway enjoy your unique new house

Old 12-04-2009, 11:21 AM

47 posts, read 215,038 times
Default Wouldn't if I could..

Quote: unless you can provide information that I could find useful I would suggest you go back under your 'bridge'

Gladly, knowing I won't find high density overpriced developments full of pretensious jerks anywhere around..

http://www.toquedelmartio.org/images/DownByTheBridge.jpg (broken link)

Old 12-04-2009, 07:41 PM

Wow! so many knob jockeys!!!

Old 12-04-2009, 07:58 PM

1,064 posts, read 2,669,184 times
Wildmark, I suggest as soon as you get in to the airport you get STRAIGHT to Scottsdale. Close your eyes until the chauffeur tells you its safe to to open them again. Once you are safely tucked away in the Scottsdale city limits, you can forget all about the rest of the "knob jockeys" in the less civilized parts.

Old 12-04-2009, 08:03 PM

675 posts, read 1,419,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickw252 View Post
Great, more people coming to the Valley to add to the endless cookie cutter sprawl that is Phoenix.

But if you're interested in something other than a McMansion or a SnoutHouse, here are some sites with nice lofts and condos in the area:

Scottsdale Lofts & Scottsdale High Rise Condos

Unique urban loft, highrise modern and green properties in the Old Town Scottsdale and Kierland area.
Wow.
I'm coming to the valley next weekend myself to look for a house. If you don't like it you can move away. That's the great thing about America- I can move to Phoenix if I want to, and you can move away from Phoenix if you want to.

Old 12-04-2009, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmist View Post
Wildmark, I suggest as soon as you get in to the airport you get STRAIGHT to Scottsdale. Close your eyes until the chauffeur tells you its safe to to open them again. Once you are safely tucked away in the Scottsdale city limits, you can forget all about the rest of the "knob jockeys" in the less civilized parts.

As I said!

Old 12-04-2009, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
Wow.
I'm coming to the valley next weekend myself to look for a house. If you don't like it you can move away. That's the great thing about America- I can move to Phoenix if I want to, and you can move away from Phoenix if you want to.

Very well said

Old 12-04-2009, 09:00 PM

125 posts, read 252,976 times
My brother used to have a million dollar house on a golf course in Scottsdale but he sold that and is now building a new one on the mtns in Prescott. If you are just driving around, its usually nicer near the golf courses...

Old 12-05-2009, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rammie View Post
My brother used to have a million dollar house on a golf course in Scottsdale but he sold that and is now building a new one on the mtns in Prescott. If you are just driving around, its usually nicer near the golf courses...
Thanks, I'll have a look to see how far Prescott is and take a look.

Regards
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area