Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 10:31 PM

1,064 posts, read 2,667,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViridianGirl View Post
Although I currently live in Memphis, my boyfriend just did that to me with an apartment. However, I am moving on with my life
That is so MALE. What about the Kleenex and ice cream gorging? LOL Ponderosa....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2009, 02:16 AM

5,439 posts, read 16,881,123 times
well , it sort of sounds like it is better off that she left.... because if you had moved back with her maybe you would not find out for another 5 years of your life that she did not love you or whatever. sorry to hear and good luck. now you don't need to move if you don't want to. try colorado a try if that interests you.

Old 12-12-2009, 04:15 PM

1,043 posts, read 3,722,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Good advice, ITChick . . . revenge always feels good.
LOL! Thanks! That's so true, especially when she hurt him emotionally as well as financially!

Old 07-02-2010, 11:29 PM

369 posts, read 2,166,753 times
Default wow

I just figured I'd give this thread an update..

Here's what happened.. As I already said.. My ex-gf up and left out of the blue on 12/7/09. That was the worst day of my life. I never felt so rejected and isolated in my life..

Luckily, I got out of the lease I was worried about. I moved out of that house on 12/19/09 and signed a 7 month lease at an apartment on Power Rd & RT 60 in E. Mesa.... This was as close to the "action" as I could get considering I worked in Florence..

On 1/2/10 I was advised that I was being moved to 1st shift. This was a long time coming and was very good news. I could now live a somewhat normal life.. Wake up, go to work.. Come home for dinner, etc..

After sitting around for 2 months wallowing in my own self pity, I decided to take a trip back home to Boston... I stayed there for 3 weeks and had a great time.. I came back to AZ not knowing if I was coming or going.. but I decided, for the remainder of my lease I was going to have a good time.. no more sitting around in my own misery..

A week after coming home from Boston, I joined a hockey league.. Made a ton of friends through that.. I've gone out and had a blast every weekend since.. A couple of the dudes on my team were in similar circumstances as me.. New to town, single, etc..

Also, I took someone's advice and joined meetup.. I made a really great friend off of that website.. I highly recommend it to anyone that is curious.. It's a good website.. and isn't creepy like online dating can be.. I suggest meetup to anyone that is looking for pals in the area...

Here I am 7 months later.... I've decided I'm heading back to Boston... AZ has been fun. I wish it would have worked out a little differently.. but I'm going to play it safe and head back home to family and friends....

I feel a lot better about the break up these days... the first few months were really rough.... I still miss the girl.. I really cared about her.. but I've accepted it is over.. Not the end of the world... Not sure what the deal is, but I'm emotionally unavailable for a new relationship. Which isn't a bad thing.. I just wonder when this feeling will go away..

Anyways.. I'm heading out of here July 15th.... Thanks for letting me vent on that dreadful day in December... Take care guys!

Bob

Old 07-03-2010, 05:02 AM

17,915 posts, read 43,477,647 times
Best of luck to you, Bob!

Old 07-03-2010, 12:06 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,629,763 times
Good luck in Boston! As for the feeling, you'll know when it goes away. You'll realize one day that it's a beautiful day, you're feeling happy and the world is good and you're happy to be alive. Could be in the shower, in a parking lot, on a date - but you'll know.

Old 09-08-2017, 11:22 AM

4,235 posts, read 14,079,993 times
I just received a "like" on a post I made several years ago in this thread, so I decided to see how Bench Warmer is doing since he moved back to Boston.....he's still on the forum, appears to be in a good relationship, and they're looking for a bigger house as of today.....nice!

for those wondering, a forum member can check others' posts by clicking on their username, clicking on "public profile", going to statistics, then clicking on the posts or threads link
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area