Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 01:09 AM

137 posts, read 702,871 times

Advertisements

Which are the best parks and playgrounds in the valley?

Old 01-07-2010, 01:28 AM

3,995 posts, read 10,017,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastvp View Post
Which are the best parks and playgrounds in the valley?
1. Encanto, with Enchanted Island and cool lagoons

2. Tempe Beach Park

3. Steele Park and the historic, restored Indian School buildings

There are tons of others like Papago Park, South Mountain Park (the nation's largest municipal park), Civic Space Park, and Hance Park, etc but I don't have pics of those. Maybe other do for you to see...

And of course these are just Phoenix parks (Except Tempe Beach Park). I'll leave the other cities' parks (like Scottsdale's lovely greenbelts, Tempe's other parks like the Kiwanis, etc) to those that live in the area and have pics of those places.

Old 01-07-2010, 01:59 AM

919 posts, read 3,395,544 times
Tempe beach park would be nicer if it actually had a beach! But I suppose class attendance at ASU would plummet.

Old 01-07-2010, 02:11 AM

1,112 posts, read 3,998,645 times
Rio Vista Park @ 87th Ave & Thunderbird in Peoria. One of my faves.

Sahuaro Ranch Park @ 59th Ave & Mountain View in Glendale. A pretty neat place.

Old 01-07-2010, 03:00 AM

3,995 posts, read 10,017,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joninaz View Post
Tempe beach park would be nicer if it actually had a beach! But I suppose class attendance at ASU would plummet.

Old 01-07-2010, 12:52 PM

64 posts, read 168,032 times
WestcoastVP, you live here right? What area? If you're close to Chandler I recommend Playtopia at Tumbleweed Rec Center:

Tumbleweed Recreation Center

And Desert Breeze Railroad park which also has a nice playground.

Desert Breeze Railroad : FUN IS A BREEZE!

Old 01-07-2010, 02:21 PM

4,624 posts, read 9,277,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BecomingJane View Post
WestcoastVP, you live here right? What area? If you're close to Chandler I recommend Playtopia at Tumbleweed Rec Center:

Tumbleweed Recreation Center

And Desert Breeze Railroad park which also has a nice playground.

Desert Breeze Railroad : FUN IS A BREEZE!

I'm at that Playtopia at Tumbleweed with my 2 year old at least 1-2 times a week. Good park, lots of bermuda grass, ramadas and playground equipment.

If you have never been to Freestone Park in Gilbert, I suggest you check it out. It's a little too far for me to go regularly, but blows Tumbleweed out of the water. Here's what Freestone has:

Lakes with ducks, a kiddie carnival type area with a carousel, miniature railroad circling the park, sand volleyball, batting cages, basketball, etc. It's a huge park with a lot of grass and ramadas. Like I said, it's just too far from my house, while Tumbleweed is so close, so we mostly go there.

Old 01-07-2010, 02:37 PM

64 posts, read 168,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asufan View Post
If you have never been to Freestone Park in Gilbert, I suggest you check it out. It's a little too far for me to go regularly, but blows Tumbleweed out of the water. Here's what Freestone has:

Lakes with ducks, a kiddie carnival type area with a carousel, miniature railroad circling the park, sand volleyball, batting cages, basketball, etc. It's a huge park with a lot of grass and ramadas. Like I said, it's just too far from my house, while Tumbleweed is so close, so we mostly go there.
Yes, Freestone is pretty and good for sports but the play structures are really small and the lake being so close to the playgrounds and bike/walking paths is a scary if you have little ones. Desert Breeze has a carousel and railroad with a nice big play structure as well as a small splash pad for the summer. I live close to Freestone and we don't usually go there. And Tumbleweed has far more to offer with all the different areas to play. We have a playgroup that meets there regularly and the kids never get tired of it.

Old 01-07-2010, 05:13 PM

137 posts, read 702,871 times
Does Tempe beach park have any playgrounds?

Old 01-07-2010, 06:02 PM

1,832 posts, read 5,764,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastvp View Post
Does Tempe beach park have any playgrounds?
They have a water park for the kids

Tempe Beach Park

Quote:
Located in Tempe Beach Park, Cox Splash Playground is a FREE water park that lets kids safely get wet in the warmer months of the year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area