Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2008, 07:13 PM

673 posts, read 2,268,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawgfan View Post
Oh yea! It is so weird taking macro shots from five feet away! Thanks for the rep.

After the rain
I, too, still have to spread some points around before I can rep you again, Bulldawg. What I CAN do is tell you your photos are, as always, just AWESOME!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2008, 07:22 PM

This is "somewhat" closeup... certainly not as good as Bulldawgfan's, though!

Old 08-25-2008, 07:44 PM

1,808 posts, read 4,043,754 times
Calvitts,
I thank you for the rep.. I enjoy taking them... it is especially cool when some one else enjoys them. Believe it or not, Fay is back for more. She slid by then sneaked back. Of course we have not gotten anything like the folks down in Florida, but this rain is getting old all the same. I ran out between showers and snapped this shot, and although I did not "nail" it, I really liked how you could see the trees and bushes in the drop, but yet the background was really blurred out. The water acted like a lens in that it cleared up the background clutter, probably a magnification thing.

Old 08-25-2008, 08:10 PM

2,972 posts, read 8,220,059 times
Quote:
I ran out between showers and snapped this shot, and although I did not "nail" it, I really liked how you could see the trees and bushes in the drop, but yet the background was really blurred out. The water acted like a lens in that it cleared up the background clutter, probably a magnification thing.
Did you know there's a "raindrops on flowers" thread?

//www.city-data.com/forum/photo...s-flowers.html

Old 08-25-2008, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Calvitts,
I thank you for the rep.. I enjoy taking them... it is especially cool when some one else enjoys them. Believe it or not, Fay is back for more. She slid by then sneaked back. Of course we have not gotten anything like the folks down in Florida, but this rain is getting old all the same. I ran out between showers and snapped this shot, and although I did not "nail" it, I really liked how you could see the trees and bushes in the drop, but yet the background was really blurred out. The water acted like a lens in that it cleared up the background clutter, probably a magnification thing.

We don't want any of the flooding, but we sure were hoping here in the Triangle area of NC that we would get some rain from Fay...

Bulldawg, I hope you get some more good shots such as this one. I sure enjoy seeing them!

Old 08-26-2008, 12:51 AM

1 posts, read 1,527 times
just i say thanxxxxx alot ^.^

Old 08-26-2008, 02:56 AM

1,808 posts, read 4,043,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FedupWNY View Post
Did you know there's a "raindrops on flowers" thread?

//www.city-data.com/forum/photo...s-flowers.html
Yea, I saw that... and you have some great photo's in there, by the way. But we are pretty much flowerless here these days. Other than this neat wild flower I saw across the street a couple of days ago, all of the planted on purpose flowers have come and gone here. Roses, Azalea's, Lillie's, Iris'... we had 'em all but not any more. The last flower in my yard was a Dandelion, and they gave up after the ten straight days of over 100 degree weather!! Its a great idea, too.

Old 08-26-2008, 06:46 AM

5,979 posts, read 19,914,550 times
Quote:
Yea, I saw that... and you have some great photo's in there, by the way. But we are pretty much flowerless here these days. Other than this neat wild flower I saw across the street a couple of days ago, all of the planted on purpose flowers have come and gone here. Roses, Azalea's, Lillie's, Iris'... we had 'em all but not any more. The last flower in my yard was a Dandelion, and they gave up after the ten straight days of over 100 degree weather!! Its a great idea, too.
Nice BDF! Guess you're getting the hang of your new toys!

Old 08-27-2008, 07:30 AM

1,081 posts, read 1,649,313 times
Default Sensei to Grasshopper....

Okay, I finally found a critter in the flowers worth taking the time to zoom in on. What do you think? Oh, and does anyone know what the yellow stuff on his/her butt is?

I also attached a flower pic. In reality, this flower is about 1.5 inches in diameter. I did not use the tripod this time! Yay, maybe my hand is getting steadier!
Attached Thumbnails
Macro Photographs-dscn0060.jpg   Macro Photographs-dscn0059.jpg   Macro Photographs-dscn0057.jpg  

Old 08-27-2008, 08:12 AM

1,101 posts, read 4,333,475 times
Here comes the sun...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography