Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 10:44 AM

9,150 posts, read 10,896,457 times

Advertisements

I wonder whether Pittsburgh could support a Design within Reach store in East Liberty. West Elm, which is more "within reach," is opening at Bakery Square.

Design Within Reach: The Best in Modern Design
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2010, 08:25 AM

20,273 posts, read 33,022,351 times
An update on some of the new stores going into Bakery Square, with the promise of more announcement to come (courtesy of a poster at another forum):

Free People to Bakery Square

Old 11-03-2010, 11:05 PM

9 posts, read 21,647 times
Default Apartments at Broad St.

New to Pittsburgh looking for a decent (read safe) area for an apartment to move into along with my wife.
Any clue about Bates St (Fairfield Apartments)? and surrounding area. Is the area safe considering my late night/evening commutes from the town and wife being alone all day at home?

Suggestions/opinions appreciated..!

Old 11-04-2010, 05:06 AM

20,273 posts, read 33,022,351 times
Do you mean the Fairfield Apartments on Broad Street in East Liberty? Bates Street is over in Oakland.

If you mean East Liberty--that is a new development in a very convenient location, particularly if you are commuting Downtown, because there is an East Busway stop nearby. There is a new Target being built right next to it, and you can also walk to a bunch of restaurants, grocery stores, a Home Depot, and so on.

My one concern, though, would be how "safe" it would read to you. East Liberty is an area in transition (in a good direction from not-so-good), and while I personally wouldn't be overly concerned living there, it would really depend on your comfort level with urban/transitional environments.

Old 11-04-2010, 06:57 AM

9 posts, read 21,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTH View Post
Do you mean the Fairfield Apartments on Broad Street in East Liberty? Bates Street is over in Oakland.

If you mean East Liberty--that is a new development in a very convenient location, particularly if you are commuting Downtown, because there is an East Busway stop nearby. There is a new Target being built right next to it, and you can also walk to a bunch of restaurants, grocery stores, a Home Depot, and so on.

My one concern, though, would be how "safe" it would read to you. East Liberty is an area in transition (in a good direction from not-so-good), and while I personally wouldn't be overly concerned living there, it would really depend on your comfort level with urban/transitional environments.

Thanks Brian for the reply..!yeah , I meant Fairfielf aparments on Broad St. I know that this location is very convenient as far as commute to the town is concerned. What I am concerned about is general safety especially while my wife is alone at home or when I might have to get back home late at night sometimes. I mean is the area safe enough to walk around late evenings? is the locality in question (Broad St) safe for a woman alone at home?

Old 11-04-2010, 07:23 AM

5,802 posts, read 9,897,487 times
I wouldn't be worried at all..That areas is always full of people because as Brian said because of the Busway, and soon Target will make it even more populated....

If i had the chance I would jump on it now, because that will soon be a prime spot as East Liberty becomes more and more the Hot New Place to be, and the convenience alone will be a driving force.

Old 11-05-2010, 07:42 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
This is very good news to hear.
I'm glad my neighborhood is on the up-and-up after years of downturn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh