Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 05:24 AM

911 posts, read 2,375,493 times

Advertisements

there is a couple of 40somthings at the local dump down the street, you could start there. haha they are allways there
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2010, 07:56 AM

712 posts, read 1,971,412 times
You can always Buy A Harley..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn88xmAgNLc

Old 11-01-2010, 07:58 AM

408 posts, read 991,763 times
ummm... not to be Mr Obvious, but did you try looking at places hosting the things you said you like to do? Like, go to dance lessons? Or Venture Outdoors for hiking groups?

Old 11-01-2010, 08:05 AM

346 posts, read 537,275 times
OP, I understand your plight... you want friends, but you don't have to insult people with families... It comes off as mean and bitter.

Old 11-01-2010, 08:20 AM

408 posts, read 991,763 times
I mean, he did say he wasn't looking to date, but then I don't see why the people would need to be single. There's married people without kids who like to do stuff too (with and without their spouse).. and there's married people who do stuff while the spouse watches the kids.. and single people that have kids are always in tow... and single people whose ex watches the kids most of the time..

.. sounds like he is just bitter he doesn't have his own poopbabies.

Old 11-01-2010, 08:32 AM

29,746 posts, read 34,396,829 times
I know a handful of people who are involved with Meetup (Meetups near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - Meetup) and Meetin (Pittsburgh Events - Fun Events Free Events Make new friends in Pittsburgh, Meet new people in Pittsburgh - MEETin.org), but I'm not sure if that's exactly what you're looking for.

And if you find a decent book group, let me know--I've been looking for one of those for years.

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 11-01-2010 at 08:58 AM..

Old 11-01-2010, 08:40 AM

1,758 posts, read 3,835,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
1 800 Im a loser over forty.

Hey what do you expect? Name a city with a ton of over 40's looking to hook up. Lose some weight and head to the Southside.

Sorry dude, we're not a match. I am tired of boring simpleton over-40s looking to hook up. But keep looking. There are lots of barflies out there for you. Maybe you need to lose some attitude. Winners look for winners.

Old 11-01-2010, 08:50 AM

Quote:
What your problem is - is that everyone else has established themselves and surrounded themselves with family and friends - while you went off and did your own thing.
Now everyone else around you has grown up and moved on and you are stuck by yourself.

Even Peter Pan had to grow up sometime. Wendy got old and could not fly anymore.
Not to single just you out or anything, but Cripes, DO you people ever imagine that adult people RELOCATE TO an area, and do not bring kids and families in tow? Or are you all so stuck in one spot all your lives that you've never been out of your town! I relocated for work and educational opportunities. If anyone needs to grow up, it's not me. I am quite adult, and as such, I can clearly see where many of the choices that some people made early in their lives did not work out so well for them. And since I am not involved, I have the option of staying not involved at this stage of MY life, because it's not my problem, and I don't want complications and unsolvable messes.
Comprehend now, or is it still too difficult?

Old 11-01-2010, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissShona View Post
If you are into doing things for the community (and not just activities), you may also want to look into PUMP as well.
Thank you. That's one of those organizations that a relocator would not necessarily find.

(So far in this thread, you can tell that the women are giving better answers than the single males, lol!)

Old 11-01-2010, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I know a handful of people who are involved with Meetup (Meetups near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - Meetup) and Meetin (Pittsburgh Events - Fun Events Free Events Make new friends in Pittsburgh, Meet new people in Pittsburgh - MEETin.org), but I'm not sure if that's exactly what you're looking for.

Okay, I'll keep watching that. Maybe it has an ebb and flow. When I checked last, there were not many scheduled activities coming up. Or maybe I don't know how to use it, since I'm in a rural area and people aren't using Meetup much if at all .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh