Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 08:17 PM

570 posts, read 1,412,227 times

Advertisements

Indications are for a prolonged period of the same type of damp, overcast sky and below average temperatures for the region. You can thank the Atlantic and North Atlantic Oscillation going negative for this continued pattern. In essence the atmospheric highway known as the jet stream will continue to dip over the Great Lakes and Upper Ohio Valley encouraging moisture from the south northward and cooler temps to sag south. Outside of some brief warm ups expect more of the same for the extended period. Ugggh...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2011, 08:29 PM

32,620 posts, read 77,647,109 times
So I moved here six months ago and am STILL waiting to experience decent weather. One day here and there with clear skies, light winds, and no precipitation doesn't cut it for me. What gives? I love this city very much, but I'm starting to regret believing the people on this sub-forum who defended the weather here. We're now into May, and I'm hoping we actually get a decent SPRING before Summer's heat arrives.

Old 05-01-2011, 08:31 PM

76 posts, read 157,380 times
I wonder if this means we will get blight on all our tomato plants again this year?

Old 05-01-2011, 09:16 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,092,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
So I moved here six months ago and am STILL waiting to experience decent weather. One day here and there with clear skies, light winds, and no precipitation doesn't cut it for me. What gives? I love this city very much, but I'm starting to regret believing the people on this sub-forum who defended the weather here. We're now into May, and I'm hoping we actually get a decent SPRING before Summer's heat arrives.
What do you mean by "decent SPRING?" The weather is doing what it should do in the spring: RAIN! Spring isn't over until near the end of June.

Old 05-01-2011, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossewa View Post
I wonder if this means we will get blight on all our tomato plants again this year?
If you had blight last year, you can't blame it on rain because last year was mild rain-wise. We had many sunny days last year.

Old 05-01-2011, 09:18 PM

9,912 posts, read 24,669,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
You picked one of the worst years. I mean, it rains plenty in April usually, but I'd be surprised if this wasn't the worst in some time. I don't have the stats though, just 20 years of rough estimate, including the last 7 here at the house where I'm trying to get things done outside. This is the worst one I can think of in that way.

Old 05-01-2011, 09:28 PM

20,273 posts, read 33,031,857 times
This early spring has been colder and wetter than usual.

But on the other hand, I still really don't mind.

Old 05-01-2011, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
What do you mean by "decent SPRING?" The weather is doing what it should do in the spring: RAIN! Spring isn't over until near the end of June.
It's rained here nearly every day in April. It rained today on May 1. It's going to rain tomorrow, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. Saturday will be overcast. Thursday will be our only "nice" day here in Pittsburgh out of the next 10. I'm sorry, but 1/10 of our days being decent isn't enough for me.

Old 05-01-2011, 09:50 PM

But this is decent weather for me! I absolutely love rain. It's my favorite weather.

Old 05-01-2011, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
But this is decent weather for me! I absolutely love rain. It's my favorite weather.
I just wish the rain would wet down the pollen enough to relieve my seasonal allergies. I've been having such difficulty breathing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh