Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 05:18 AM

20,273 posts, read 33,014,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladium View Post
There's a lot to be said for that. Call it the Rainy Season and then it will seem normal. Call it Spring (and post pictures in the schools of sunny spring days with lambs and bunnies and sunshine), and you grow up expecting something other than what you'll get and you'll feel gypped.
Yeah, but then the next time we have a sunny spring, rain-lovers will get mad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2011, 05:34 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,973,648 times
This isn't a normal Spring. Rivers are flooding south of us and there are tons of river activities that are being cancelled which has not happened in over 15 years. This is a lot of rain for the rivers to handle.

Old 05-04-2011, 08:06 AM

32,616 posts, read 77,608,316 times
(Tapping feet)....STILL waiting on some of that supposedly "nice" Pittsburgh weather after having been here roughly a half-year!

Old 05-04-2011, 08:34 AM

20,273 posts, read 33,014,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
(Tapping feet)....STILL waiting on some of that supposedly "nice" Pittsburgh weather after having been here roughly a half-year!
Amazon.com: The Tao of Pooh (9780140067477): Benjamin Hoff: Books

Old 05-04-2011, 08:36 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,083,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianth View Post
yeah, but then the next time we have a sunny spring, rain-lovers will get mad.
lol

Old 05-04-2011, 08:46 AM

29,745 posts, read 34,383,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
Dude, you've lived here for less than six months, and over the winter, no less. What exactly were you expecting? Rainbows and unicorns?

Old 05-04-2011, 09:41 AM

268 posts, read 374,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngabe View Post
I can safely say, this is the worst weather pattern I can remember in my conscious lifetime. I thrive on sunshine and warmth--kudos to those of you that enjoy this, but I hate it! I need some sunshine. The only positive is the lush greenery. I'm glad things are alive--that's my biggest gripe about winter, everything looks so dead and depressing.

I can't wait until we get our "once every two weeks" dose of sunshine!
The greenery is still lush when we get rain every other week. We don't need rain every single day to make it green. This is complete overkill. I wouldn't be surprised if the SAD rates increased. When you add on the usual cloudy winters and currently an unusually cloudy spring, it really can drag on people. As for steelcityrising's experience, he thinks this is the norm! We do get variation each year, but not this extreme. People on here are trying to make it positive, which isn't a bad mindset. But come on-- you got to admit this is horrid.

Looking at the forecasts in other cities, you can see the same cloudy/rainy weather all over PA, OH, NY, MD, NJ, etc. Again, it's not limited to Pittsburgh although people think it's only us. Hop in a car and drive across the state, and you'll find the same crap. Guaranteed!

Old 05-04-2011, 11:43 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,083,378 times
On a positive note, it's going to be sunny tomorrow. So SCR, since I know you love to karaoke, here's the song you want to sing at the bars tonight:

YouTube - Tomorrow (annie) Lyrics

Old 05-04-2011, 01:30 PM

1,437 posts, read 3,775,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike02 View Post
There's no way! I know it's been bad, but we've had way more than 5 totally sunny clear days this year. Last week's trend was at least half sunny/half cloudy and rainy days. Looking into the next 10 days, it looks like this terrible system will be out and consecutive sunny days coming in (around may 8-9). It is true that we haven't 7 straight consecutive days of mostly sunny skies since Nov! They've all been isolated incidents or at most 3-4 consecutive days. Complete reverse of last spring (winter is always the same).
As I was sitting in the cafeteria at work today eating lunch, a bunch of people were complaining about the weather and regurgitating this same "fact". They said they heard this on the news too. I'm not exactly sure what the weatherman actually said, or if he really said this, but as usual, Pittburghers found something negative to latch on to and will discuss this ad nauseum until we get some sunny weather. Then of course, when we hit July and we get beautiful sunny days, no one will talk about the weather anymore. lol Well, unless it's to complain how "hot and humid" it is.

Old 05-04-2011, 01:39 PM

137 posts, read 274,659 times
It could be worse... my family in MN just got snow again yesterday - making it 8 months in a row w/ snow.

Can i say how stupid we are to be planning our move to Pittsburgh in November from Atlanta, btw? Stupid timing, but necessary, unfortunately. I will be the one whining on here next April
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh