Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 11:03 PM

894 posts, read 1,326,068 times

Advertisements

Its topics like this that shows how twisted and narrow minded people in this area are.... clearly a racist situation is going on here, and people are defending these bigotry ways of this owner. Yeah panera definitely won't be receiving another dime of my money.

Honestly how are you a business owner doing things like this, does he believe only white people spend money in this establishment. What bothers me is he isnt the (only) business owner in this area that has these views. It bothers me to my soul because someone like myself who is currently in School studying F&B hospitality has absolutely no chance to become a manager because of sick individuals like Covelli wont hire me because of my race.Even though i am qualified.

negative service to this Pittsburgh area...

Old 12-08-2011, 11:19 PM

441 posts, read 766,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Like_Spam View Post
Hooters doesn't hire men to wait tables and Blush doesn't hire men to dance either.

People can eat at home, Panera and other restaurant outfits are just employing a strategy to make it pleasant for them to eat out.

Hooters and Blush are doing their best to provide incentive for people to have some drinks in their establishment instead of stopping by the state store and drinking at home.

If Panera's business strategy is illegal, so are these other outfits'.

Hooters has been repeatedly sued for discriminatory hiring practices. Not the best example to use to support your argument.

Also, you're sidestepping the racial issue, which is the entire basis of these lawsuits. Discouraging store managers from letting black people work at the front of the store is illegal. That's not personal opinion here--that's fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Like_Spam View Post
I don't think there is anything to the "race" allegation.

I've been to the Centre Ave. Panera, and patrons are just as likely to be waited on by an attractive black girl as anyone else at that store.

Well folks, I_Like_Spam saw black people working at one Panera out of 30, so it looks like the issue has been settled. Thread over.

Nobody question whether Covelli even owns the Panera on Centre Avenue. We don't want to ruin the circlejerk.

Old 12-08-2011, 11:24 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,457,092 times
Pretty white girls sell everything
It's about money not your rights
Customers don't wana buy stuff from snoop dog

Old 12-08-2011, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
Pretty white girls sell everything
It's about money not your rights
Customers don't wana buy stuff from snoop dog
State and federal law would disagree.

Also, what's with the implication that all black employees emulate Snoop Dogg?

The next time I see another thread on this forum priding Pittsburghers for being tolerant and liberal, I'm going to point people to this thread. It really exposes the underlying racism prevalent on this board.

Last edited by Tirade; 12-09-2011 at 12:11 AM..

Old 12-09-2011, 12:36 AM

14,186 posts, read 22,762,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rashan5 View Post
Its topics like this that shows how twisted and narrow minded people in this area are...
"People" is plural, yet one man has a lawsuit filed against him in this case. Apparently you're just as prejudiced against white Pittsburghers as this guy is against blacks.

Old 12-09-2011, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
"People" is plural, yet one man has a lawsuit filed against him in this case. Apparently you're just as prejudiced against white Pittsburghers as this guy is against blacks.
Read the OP, please. Two lawsuits, two different people, two separate stores, and in two different years. Panera's discriminatory policies do not appear to be an isolated incident.

Not to mention the appalling comments in this thread thus far. Two pages in, and we've already got one person claiming all blacks act like Snoop Dogg, another one arguing that there's no racial discrimination because they saw black employees in one store (that may or may not be owned by the accused), and multiple people defending racist and illegal hiring policies.

Rashan's comment is right on the money. I hope there aren't too many people outside of the region reading this board right now, because we're leaving an awful first impression.

Old 12-09-2011, 01:20 AM

14,186 posts, read 22,762,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirade View Post
Read the OP, please. Two lawsuits, two different people, two separate stores, and in two different years. Panera's discriminatory policies do not appear to be an isolated incident.

Not to mention the appalling comments in this thread thus far. Two pages in, and we've already got one person claiming all blacks act like Snoop Dogg, another one arguing that there's no racial discrimination because they saw black employees in one store (that may or may not be owned by the accused), and multiple people defending racist and illegal hiring policies.

Rashan's comment is right on the money. I hope there aren't too many people outside of the region reading this board right now, because we're leaving an awful first impression.
Multiple lawsuits against one franchisee.

So now that we've established that he's prejudiced, then where does that leave the other 2,356,284 people in the area? Oh yeah, they all think exactly the same way he does, I'm sure.

Old 12-09-2011, 01:46 AM

1,437 posts, read 2,873,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zip95 View Post
How about an obese sales person at a department store?
I worked for quite a while in Men's clothing at Macy's and I'm not exactly svelte.

Old 12-09-2011, 05:47 AM

7,380 posts, read 15,680,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirade View Post
Nobody question whether Covelli even owns the Panera on Centre Avenue. We don't want to ruin the circlejerk.
covelli does own the centre avenue panera. however, i know someone who worked there for several years (one of the "pretty young girls" who got to work in the front), and she said she saw the kinds of things alleged in the lawsuits happen many times as a matter of policy.

Old 12-09-2011, 05:49 AM

7,380 posts, read 15,680,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
Multiple lawsuits against one franchisee.

So now that we've established that he's prejudiced, then where does that leave the other 2,356,284 people in the area? Oh yeah, they all think exactly the same way he does, I'm sure.
he (or she) is not talking about the lawsuit making pittsburgh look bad, he's talking about this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh