Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 06:24 AM

4,599 posts, read 6,722,236 times

Advertisements

All companies do this whether they admit it or not. At one of the major corporations I worked at, all of the sales people were hot 20 something females. I touched upon another thread where 75% of software development positions at another company were from low paid, H1-B sponsored Indians. At another place I interviewed, the interview came down to me and another person (female) and the all female management staff hired her despite the fact that I had more experience. Another place explicitly said they needed a minority hire, so they hired a black guy who was unqualified and gone in 6 months.

None of this is right morally (I personally think it's very screwed up), but that's the reality of American corporations. The author of that Tartan article must be a young person who hasn't experienced the reality of the workplace quite yet. It's awful, it blows, and its sometimes illegal, but everyone does it.

Old 12-09-2011, 06:45 AM

3,164 posts, read 6,706,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huckleberry3911948 View Post
pretty white girls sell everything
it's about money not your rights
customers don't wana buy stuff from snoop dog
lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What what?????????????????

Old 12-09-2011, 07:12 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,092,139 times
There's no doubt this is true about Panara. The argument about there not being many black people in Mt. Lebo is narrow minded.

Just look at Waterworks. There are many minorities employed at most of the businesses in that shopping center. I have never seen one minority in the Panara there.

Old 12-09-2011, 07:20 AM

3,164 posts, read 6,706,697 times
I think it is just as narrow minded to assume because you don't see blacks working at an establishment automatically means racial discrimination. We are Waterworks all the time, and I see very few blacks working at Giant Eagle, one at the Barnes and Noble (store manager), none at Ichiban, not at La Capella, none at Radio Shack, none at Game Stop, GNC, etc. So what conclusions should we draw there? Mr Covelli is a very smart and successful businessman. I doubt these lawsuits will go anywhere

Old 12-09-2011, 07:28 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,092,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrpriester View Post
I think it is just as narrow minded to assume because you don't see blacks working at an establishment automatically means racial discrimination. We are Waterworks all the time, and I see very few blacks working at Giant Eagle, one at the Barnes and Noble (store manager), none at Ichiban, not at La Capella, none at Radio Shack, none at Game Stop, GNC, etc. So what conclusions should we draw there? Mr Covelli is a very smart and successful businessman. I doubt these lawsuits will go anywhere
You must be in some alter reality when you're there! Or your version of being there "all the time" is much different than mine.

Old 12-09-2011, 07:31 AM

747 posts, read 1,232,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
Pretty white girls sell everything
It's about money not your rights
Customers don't wana buy stuff from snoop dog
Please do not limit me or my race to a specific genre of music. What in the hell does snoop dog have to do with black women? Are you insinuating that black women or girls resemble snoop dog in some way? I dont get it. Do you believe that all black people identify with snoop? Generalizations and stereotypes can be quite dangerous. I have a twelve year old daughter that can possibly become a victim of discriminatation because of her skin tone. This is a joke to some people and I don't get it. I am very offended and disappointed at alot of the responses to this post.

White girls selling stuff is sooo 1980's. There are many many beautiful black LADIES who are more than qualified to sell sandwiches.

My wife loves Panera and I will never ever step foot in that establishment again.

Old 12-09-2011, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrpriester View Post
I shop at Waterworks and I see black people working in just about every store I go to.

Old 12-09-2011, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
"People" is plural, yet one man has a lawsuit filed against him in this case. Apparently you're just as prejudiced against white Pittsburghers as this guy is against blacks.
This makes absolutely no sense. I dont get this new whites are the victim crap. How is he prejudiced. Alot of the responses on this forum are prejudiced. Should we just accept this and turn a blind eye?

Old 12-09-2011, 07:35 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,995,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins View Post
I shop at Waterworks and I see black people working in just about every store I go to.
I agree. I don't even think about it and there are very few blacks that live close to the Waterworks, yet lots work there. By the way, La Cappella is a small family owned place that has family and friends working there primarily.

I think the Target in East Liberty is about 90% black employees. Now that was noticeable, since it was overwhelmingly one race.

Old 12-09-2011, 07:36 AM

5,110 posts, read 7,143,858 times
Quote:
This is a major blow to the enlightened tolerant lefties of Mt. Lebo

What the hell people.... Seriously I don't get how people try to stretch (back flips really) to squeeze in some long time political axe to grind in unrelated posts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh