Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 06:17 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,083,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by new-era View Post
If this were a white kid and not a black one everyone would be screami it was a racially motivated hate crime. I believe this was a hate crime but you wont hear a peep about that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2012, 06:17 PM

2,538 posts, read 4,713,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by new-era View Post
If this were a white kid and not a black one everyone would be screami it was a racially motivated hate crime. I believe this was a hate crime but you wont hear a peep about that!
According to our fine Attorney General Eric Holder, black people cannot commit hate crimes. Didn't you get the memo?

Old 10-12-2012, 06:59 AM

2,401 posts, read 2,103,544 times
I think the charges this kid faces sends the message; you'll get a slap on the wrist for potentially killing somebody. This should be aggravated assault, period.

Old 10-12-2012, 07:28 AM

1,584 posts, read 2,096,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet Jones View Post
According to our fine Attorney General Eric Holder, black people cannot commit hate crimes. Didn't you get the memo?
Could you forward it on

{edit} On second thought don't bother. I've no interest in reading something posted on News MAx

Old 10-12-2012, 12:00 PM

2,538 posts, read 4,713,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobick View Post
Could you forward it on

{edit} On second thought don't bother. I've no interest in reading something posted on News MAx
I haven't looked at News Max in years, but Holder's refusal to look in to black on X hate crimes was documented on several MSM sites. I have no love of hate crime laws and think they're Orwellian, but they're even worse when selectively enforced.

Old 10-12-2012, 12:01 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,992,063 times
I am not sure I missed something, but didn't this kid break parole? Then they say he "had a bad day"? Was it reported incorrectly that he was on parole? Maybe that was corrected, right?

Stuff like this make me sick. I never liked bullying and those wanting to intimidate others. Even as a very young kid, I always wanted to protect the underdog or small kids that might get picked on. Ah well, this kid is getting a little slap on the wrist, and the teacher is no doubt scared. Sadly he is a teacher and this was VERY publicized, so I am not sure what it will be like for him at CAPA. Will the students laugh at him, or support him and show respect? No idea, but I hope he is encouraged as a teacher.

Old 10-12-2012, 12:13 PM
gg

It also has occurred to me that the police and others are trying to downplay this because they fear for this kid's safety. You know ever single kid in the PPS system knows who he is by now and if this teacher is popular or whatever, this kid might, "get his" at some point. Hard to say what is all going on, but the video was shown and it was crystal clear who he was to enough kids that every student knows who he is.

Sure is odd to just punch some innocent guy walking down the street, but there no doubt is one heck of a lot of hatred out there these days.

Old 10-12-2012, 12:22 PM

2,401 posts, read 2,103,544 times
It was probation he broke, didn't hear what for. Upstanding Pittsburgh citizen for sure.

Old 10-12-2012, 12:25 PM

6,782 posts, read 9,600,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
It also has occurred to me that the police and others are trying to downplay this because they fear for this kid's safety. You know ever single kid in the PPS system knows who he is by now....
Actually, he was threatened by someone who I can only assume is a fully grown adult on this very thread just yesterday.

Old 10-12-2012, 12:51 PM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby Hick View Post
Actually, he was threatened by someone who I can only assume is a fully grown adult on this very thread just yesterday.
There is no doubt rage after seeing that. I mean to see a group of kids laughing and cheering that act. It is pretty unsettling. You can't let your guard down in the city for one second. You really need to watch everyone at all times and even that might not be enough. To see the cheering really shows what some youth want and there will be no doubt others on the opposite side that want a payback, but I doubt anything will really happen. Violence isn't the answer regardless. We may say things in the heat of anger, but once a day or two passes, you just realize this is a troubled teen that is going to a detention center. He will probably be looked at as a hero in that group he hangs with I suspect. Not sure why there has to be that much hate? I just don't understand it. I really thought things would be better with a black president and that so many white people voted for him showing that race really isn't a factor, but it didn't have a positive effect? Maybe Simetime will post on here and show me some light? Don't know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh