Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2014, 07:31 PM

5,894 posts, read 6,883,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneW View Post
It would be nice if there were a single interesting restaurant on the North Shore. There are lots of good places up here in the North Side proper but there's nothing but sports bars and the like down around the stadiums.
Hyde Park is good. The beer market has an more then an excellent of brews & allows you to bring your own food or order in. Bettis' grille isn't that bad. Atrias is above average.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2014, 07:44 PM

6,327 posts, read 9,156,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKyank View Post
Hyde Park is good. The beer market has an more then an excellent of brews & allows you to bring your own food or order in. Bettis' grille isn't that bad. Atrias is above average.
I've found the Bettis grille to be decent compared to other athlete branded restaurants.

Old 10-10-2014, 07:52 PM

53 posts, read 62,193 times
Be interesting to see if this project gets off the ground at all or for that matter the Southside works office building just announced. For a market with virtually no migrating business coming into it from other regions and relying upon current in town business to be relocating, I bet the wait is long. My friend brought up an interesting idea. USX a target majority tenant with a multi building development and close to another old Pittsburgh industrial heavyweight, ALCOA. Overall though I won't be waiting for any new office high rise to break ground soon.

Old 10-10-2014, 10:26 PM

1,701 posts, read 1,599,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneW View Post
It would be nice if there were a single interesting restaurant on the North Shore. There are lots of good places up here in the North Side proper but there's nothing but sports bars and the like down around the stadiums.
I was just going to say a Burgatory on the North Shore would be nice...then I checked their website and saw there's one coming in 2015.

Not that they are anywhere near as good as Benjamin's IMHO, but for a sports bar atmosphere that would work right by the stadiums they are pretty darn good. And if we're talking chains, a local chain is better than a national one any day of the week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh