Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2015, 09:05 AM

7,541 posts, read 10,264,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merge View Post
But I think yinz can quit hyperventilating about it. Does anybody here really expect that this scheme is going to be attempted?
I would have never thought that Mayor Peduto would have taken away so many traffic lanes for the use of bicycles or set up the bike share idea either.

My guess is that it is going to happen.

Old 07-03-2015, 10:27 AM

3,110 posts, read 2,919,865 times
If it does happen all you have to do is be careful and AWARE of your surroundings when crossing the street. They are not installing snipers to pick pedestrians off as they make their way from Gateway T Station.

Old 07-03-2015, 10:55 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,549,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PghYinzer View Post
If it does happen all you have to do is be careful and AWARE of your surroundings when crossing the street. They are not installing snipers to pick pedestrians off as they make their way from Gateway T Station.
You clearly don't cross those streets during rush hour.

Why not try this experiment out in the East End? Take all the traffic and pedestrian signals off of Forbes, Fifth Ave and Wilkins from Oakland out to Murray Ave. See how it goes.

Last edited by Goinback2011; 07-03-2015 at 11:05 AM..

Old 07-03-2015, 11:03 AM

2,860 posts, read 1,902,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merge View Post
Does anybody here really expect that this scheme is going to be attempted?
It's "Progressive©", so I have no doubt that the Great Progressive Peduto will attempt to implement it.

Old 07-03-2015, 11:09 AM

7,541 posts, read 10,264,971 times
Quote:
If it does happen, I'll just make sure I stay out of town, particularly near Gateway Center.

Old 07-03-2015, 11:15 AM

3,110 posts, read 2,919,865 times
This is tantamount to the general freak out that happened when the idea of moving buses to the outer street downtown was brought up. Oh my I have to walk a block or two farther to catch bus! I will just quit riding the bus since I am asked to do something different in order to help the greater good.

These things work in other places, so not sure why everyone thinks we are some snowflake of a place in regards to these types of things.

Old 07-03-2015, 11:21 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,224,042 times
Quote:
This is tantamount to the general freak out that happened when the idea of moving buses to the outer street downtown was brought up. Oh my I have to walk a block or two farther to catch bus! I will just quit riding the bus since I am asked to do something different in order to help the greater good.

These things work in other places, so not sure why everyone thinks we are some snowflake of a place in regards to these types of things.
I've come to realize that most here are not in the majority when it comes to city/burb/restaurant/housing, etc..., issues. I'm sure the majority will accept it with little to no resistance should it happen.

Old 07-03-2015, 11:26 AM

Quote:

Then try it as I suggested in the East End.

Old 07-03-2015, 11:35 AM

5,652 posts, read 6,990,994 times
Quote:

Because Pittsburghers are not Europeans?

Old 07-03-2015, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyovan4 View Post
It's "Progressive©", so I have no doubt that the Great Progressive Peduto will attempt to implement it.
The most amusing thing about it is it will make this part of town unwalkable and will kill the transit station there. Progressives can never anticipate the consequences of their actions.

This is the same kind of thinking that created the current incarnation of the North Side.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh