Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2016, 10:33 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,277,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
Move to Cranberry and avoid the Chair Game.
Bingo. Couldn't imagine dealing with something so ridiculous...but I also can't imagine it taking an hour or 2 to clean out a spot 1 car long/wide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2016, 11:04 AM

387 posts, read 409,875 times
The old parking chair...it's cute and all but has no bearing on my daily activities. I've moved plenty with the chair owners looking at me. Occasionally i'll get the dirty look but not once has anyone said a word. Maybe if I saw a senior or disabled person I'd respect but if you're able bodied a lil exercise won't hurt.

Old 01-27-2016, 11:40 AM

9,150 posts, read 10,916,784 times
I want to send them a chair.

Police enter Savesies vs. No Savesies parking conflict

Old 01-27-2016, 11:50 AM

I would happily dig out a spot for a pregnant woman, disabled, elderly, etc... person and happily let them have a chair to save a spot. Other than that the sense of entitlement is ridiculous and the chair would be gone.

Old 01-27-2016, 12:10 PM

5,652 posts, read 7,000,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
I would happily dig out a spot for a pregnant woman, disabled, elderly, etc... person and happily let them have a chair to save a spot. Other than that the sense of entitlement is ridiculous and the chair would be gone.
Why bother when gladhands will just move the chair and park there anyway?

If gladhands was in South Boston, he'd have an awful tough time driving away from a shoveled spot after a nail gun took out his tires.

Interestingly, Boston gives residents 48 hours for using space savers, except for higher rent 'hoods like Beacon Hill, Back Bay and South End (not to be confused with Southie), whose community associations banned the practice.

Last edited by sskink; 01-27-2016 at 12:21 PM..

Old 01-27-2016, 12:21 PM

8,090 posts, read 6,984,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sskink View Post
My wife has given birth twice, while living in dense urban neighborhoods. Once in a winter in which our city received 81 inches of snow. Whenever she needed to move the car, I shoveled. Not once did I mark the spot, because my wife, even when pregnant, has no right to claim ownership of public property. Call me crazy.

Old 01-27-2016, 12:24 PM

1,577 posts, read 1,286,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
My wife has given birth twice, while living in dense urban neighborhoods. Once in a winter in which our city received 81 inches of snow. Whenever she needed to move the car, I shoveled. Not once did I mark the spot, because my wife, even when pregnant, has no right to claim ownership of public property. Call me crazy.
Cool story Hansel.

Old 01-27-2016, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sskink View Post

If gladhands was in South Boston, he'd have an awful tough time driving away from a shoveled spot after a nail gun took out his tires.

Interestingly, Boston gives residents 48 hours for using space savers, except for higher rent 'hoods like Beacon Hill, Back Bay and South End (not to be confused with Southie), whose community associations banned the practice.
I wouldn't mind digging a couple spots.

I'm still trying to figure out why if everyone has to dig themselves out that their aren't the same number of spots as usual...unless some are preparing accordingly and are parking somewhere more convenient and "snow friendly".

Old 01-27-2016, 12:32 PM

8,090 posts, read 6,984,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
I wouldn't mind digging a couple spots.

I'm still trying to figure out why if everyone has to dig themselves out that their aren't the same number of spots as usual...unless some are preparing accordingly and are parking somewhere more convenient and "snow friendly".
Not everyone who parks in the neighborhood lives there. Some people may have been working or out of town when the storm hit. Medical residents can be in the hospital 32 hours at a time.

Old 01-27-2016, 12:36 PM

2,401 posts, read 2,107,723 times
I had a woman who parked in front of my house to jump on the bus. I have room for two spots out front and she'd take up the whole curb parking like an idiot. I didn't mind until our first born daughter came along and my 60 year old mother started coming by the house a couple of days a week to watch the baby. Since this woman did not live on my street or anywhere near me as far as I could tell; I had to politely ask her to park elsewhere. She had some choice words for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh