Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2016, 06:27 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcider View Post
If Wiz Khalifa fans acted like the Cheney fans the National Guard would be called out.
Not in da 'burgh. Everyone likes Wiz. A native 'burgher and even though it's about a car, many think his song "Black and Yellow" is about da 'burgh.

Old 07-04-2016, 06:30 PM

1,174 posts, read 1,587,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
I know people personally that have a rebel flag on a hat or a license plate and it doesn't have anything to do with race at all, but whatever. It is easier to just label everything the same and not actually think.
No you don't. Just as you don't know any Germans or white Americans who embrace the swastika who aren't racists (unless of course they're practitioners of the eastern religions whose usage of it predates Nazism). You make a conscious choice of accepting the history of the symbol. A choice that says the history is compatible with your views.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
It is easier to just label everything the same and not actually think.
Thinking would require that you actually know the history of the symbol you embrace, instead of posting wildly inaccurate revisionist history while citing Urban Dictionary.

Old 07-04-2016, 06:32 PM

I'd wager most everyone at that concert flying the Rebel Flag has no idea its history. Only that it was on the General Lee in The Dukes of Hazzard and they're "fighting the system".

Old 07-04-2016, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
Nice to see you posting again, Q-Tip Motha! Now if we could only track down Hopes...
I won't stick around for long, but the inaccuracy and historical illiteracy of his comment couldn't go on unchallenged.

Too many people posting on here that are derisively outspoken in their views of the city and not at all interested in discussing the things that are happening around it without pushing that agenda.

I mean here we have a thread with a significant number of people who are defending and excusing individuals who drink too much, leave garbage everywhere, fight, drive drunk, and commit the occasional hate crime. It speaks for itself.

Old 07-04-2016, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
I'd wager most everyone at that concert flying the Rebel Flag has no idea its history. Only that it was on the General Lee in The Dukes of Hazzard and they're "fighting the system".
You mean to tell me that the people attending the concert are comically ignorant and uneducated?

Walking stereotypes of mentally deficient country folk?

Ok, I'll buy that.

Old 07-04-2016, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q-tip motha View Post
You mean to tell me that the people attending the concert are comically ignorant and uneducated?

Ok, I'll buy that.
Actually, I'd wager that most anyone who flies it, educated or not, doesn't know it's history.

I checked out the tailgating and walked the lots a bit and didn't hear one racist word from anyone.

Last edited by erieguy; 07-04-2016 at 07:05 PM..

Old 07-04-2016, 06:50 PM

5,894 posts, read 6,884,976 times
Quote:
I mean here we have a thread with a significant number of people who are defending and excusing individuals who drink too much, leave garbage everywhere, fight, drive drunk, and commit the occasional hate crime. It speaks for itself.
It's not defending any of the actions of a some trouble makers (among tens of thousands) who most assuredly are disgusting individuals but merely finding the hypocracy of posters that insist on an annual thread where they can spout off about the horrid actions of a demographic they dislike (while ignoring or downplaying much worse actions that happen much more frequently throughout the city), at an event that lasts 1 day, has exactly 0 effect on their lives, brings lots of cash into the city & is completely cleaned up within hours of the event happening.

Btw, someone shoulda told these guys they were in danger amongst a crowd of racists
Attached Thumbnails
Be aware the Kenny Chesney concert is Sat. July 2nd-image.jpeg  

Old 07-04-2016, 06:51 PM

5,894 posts, read 6,884,976 times
Quote:

Ok, I'll buy that.
I mean you didn't know what flag you were referring to yourself...

Old 07-04-2016, 07:35 PM

268 posts, read 385,568 times
For people who say "It's not about race" - that is because you are probably (like me) white.

Living in the USA as a white male, I get the benefit of the doubt in most situations in life. And I am just a Pollock from Millvale. This is not about class. If I want to try and live in a way that attempts to ignore race, I can build that bubble and that wall up. But again, that is a choice that can be made as a white person. People who are minorities do not have that option to pay attention to race or not when living in a white dominant society.

Old 07-04-2016, 09:25 PM
gg gg started this thread

26,137 posts, read 25,987,872 times
Quote:
I won't stick around for long,
Thank goodness, you are so blinded by your racism. It is a shame what the media has done to some people. All they can see is their own agenda. And you are wrong calling me a lier, but you can get away with it due to the double standard that you are gleefully living in for now.

On a brighter note there is a cool little red, white and blue thingy in my top right corner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh