Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2016, 09:28 PM
gg gg started this thread

26,137 posts, read 25,992,063 times

Advertisements

No excuse for what those guys did to that man and throwing him on the T tracks? Come on alastad you can't condone such a thing. I don't know if it was "racist", but it sure seems like it. I don't trust the media and don't trust the system much, so for me to be sure, I would have to see it myself or hear all of it as well, but no matter what those kids need to pay for that. Pittsburgh doesn't need such a thing going on. We are better than that, I would hope.

Old 06-30-2016, 04:23 AM

268 posts, read 385,611 times
That video is horrible, and it is actually the arresting officer who provided evidence and testimony about the racist motivations. Plain and simple, these guys deserve their sentencing.

The courts and minorities and white apologists are not ruining Kyle's life - he and his buddies did that to themselves - and they need to pay for it. Otherwise, what kind of society are we living in where this kind of behavior is ok? Cannot believe this is even a conversation on here...

Old 06-30-2016, 05:04 AM

2,401 posts, read 2,103,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alastad View Post
There is no audio to the video and as far as Kyle using racially charged language, where's the proof? The only proof is from the victim. How do you know that the supposed fact that Kyle used racially charged language, wasn't made up? Even if the attack was racially charged, which I doubt, it's still no reason to let this attack define Kyle. It's only an opportunity for the Black racists and white apologists to cash in on. It gives them a sense of false justification for their hatred towards white people
I believe the arresting officers reported that one or more of these thugs used racial slurs while they boasted of what they did to the old man.

Old 06-30-2016, 05:06 AM

2,401 posts, read 2,103,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainlove View Post
That video is horrible, and it is actually the arresting officer who provided evidence and testimony about the racist motivations. Plain and simple, these guys deserve their sentencing.

The courts and minorities and white apologists are not ruining Kyle's life - he and his buddies did that to themselves - and they need to pay for it. Otherwise, what kind of society are we living in where this kind of behavior is ok? Cannot believe this is even a conversation on here...
I can, it's getting worse too. About ready to take a vacation from Pgh City Data myself here soon. It's like a song on repeat these days.

Old 06-30-2016, 05:54 AM

1,653 posts, read 1,586,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcider View Post
I can, it's getting worse too. About ready to take a vacation from Pgh City Data myself here soon. It's like a song on repeat these days.
It is. SCR and probably others have blamed the newly mean spirited tone in Pgh City Data on STEM people, of which I am one, moving in and renting expensive apartments and changing Pittsburgh for the worse, but you never saw me or gortonator moping about how white men are not getting any justice in this country if they can't whale on somebody without paying for it. I just hate for someone thinking of moving here who sees this and other whiny or racist posts and thinks "well if that's how they are I'm not gonna move THERE" when most of us with normal social lives and careers don't act like that. It's an awful advert for the city, and you and I know we're better than that.

Old 07-01-2016, 07:59 AM

6,327 posts, read 9,159,127 times
Well Benstonium has created a preview parody for the havoc tomorrow will bring. Personally, I will be evacuating from the city this evening .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-NTPJKuX9A

Old 07-01-2016, 08:38 AM

2,860 posts, read 1,902,171 times
^ Amazingly funny video, thanks for sharing!!

Old 07-01-2016, 11:32 AM

29,748 posts, read 34,409,851 times
The notion of the Chesney crowd and the Anthrocon crowd mingling downtown amuses me. I hope everyone's cool about it.

Old 07-01-2016, 11:37 AM

994 posts, read 901,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
The notion of the Chesney crowd and the Anthrocon crowd mingling downtown amuses me. I hope everyone's cool.
I hope that we don't hear that a bear was thrown onto the T tracks.

Old 07-01-2016, 11:49 AM

121 posts, read 111,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbw5100 View Post
Chris Stapleton, Shakey Graves... there's a lot of non-pop country out there. Mr. Smalls has a few good ones in every summer.
YES. Shakey is the man.

Can't wait to see him play at Mr. Smalls!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh