Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2017, 06:48 PM

1,701 posts, read 1,600,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcider View Post
No use engaging with you; I know what side you are on.
Right, the violence has come "almost exclusively from the left" -- I am sure Heather Heyer did a lot of "violence" to that one guy's car.

Old 08-15-2017, 06:53 PM

2,401 posts, read 2,103,915 times
The side the apologists are on is the wrong side of history. Nothing normal about Saturday at all.

Old 08-15-2017, 06:55 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,227,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkTransplant View Post
There's no way to have a meaningful conversation when people are swallowing lies. I'm not interested in arguing with anyone here. Just look around and ask if you are on the side with the swastikas. You know, the side with the confederate flags. Ask what your father or grandfather would have said about that. Think about what you would say in response. There's no point in arguing with me here. Sooner or later you will see with your own eyes who is being violent, and then you will either march with them or against them.

It's all well and good to be on the side of free speech, but you still have to decide where you stand regarding white supremacy.
Nobody is condoning anything or taking any sides. However, the 1st Amendment is what it is and it works both ways. Sometimes you're in favor of it and sometimes you're not. Everyone can't have everything "their way" all the time.

Last edited by erieguy; 08-15-2017 at 07:13 PM..

Old 08-15-2017, 07:10 PM

6,327 posts, read 9,160,183 times
Quote:
Right, the violence has come "almost exclusively from the left" -- I am sure Heather Heyer did a lot of "violence" to that one guy's car.
I know, look at all of the violence left government Americans did to the Germans 75 years ago as well. /s

Old 08-15-2017, 07:24 PM

12,391 posts, read 7,103,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcider View Post
No use engaging with you; I know what side you are on.
So you won't answer the question, I'm not surprised.

I'm not sure what side you think I'm on, I've said many times that I sit in the middle, however, I'll answer that question for you. I'm on the side that thinks people should be able to exercise their constitutional rights without being assaulted by violent mobs, whether I agree with their viewpoints, or not.

Old 08-15-2017, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
So you won't answer the question, I'm not surprised.

I'm not sure what side you think I'm on, I've said many times that I sit in the middle, however, I'll answer that question for you. I'm on the side that thinks people should be able to exercise their constitutional rights without being assaulted by violent mobs, whether I agree with their viewpoints, or not.
Bingo, and nobody is forcing anyone to stay here if they don't like it.

Old 08-15-2017, 07:33 PM

12,391 posts, read 7,103,495 times
Quote:
There's no way to have a meaningful conversation when people are swallowing lies. I'm not interested in arguing with anyone here. Just look around and ask if you are on the side with the swastikas. You know, the side with the confederate flags. Ask what your father or grandfather would have said about that. Think about what you would say in response. There's no point in arguing with me here. Sooner or later you will see with your own eyes who is being violent, and then you will either march with them or against them.

It's all well and good to be on the side of free speech, but you still have to decide where you stand regarding white supremacy.

Are you going to march against ANTIFA? They are violent thugs that attack people for simply having different political viewpoints.

Whatever you think of the Alt Right, they aren't going out and assaulting people peacefully assembling, or hurting anyone. ANTIFA and other such groups are not only denying people their constitutional rights to assemble, and their right to free speech, they are routinely assaulting people in the streets.

ANTIFA has been significantly more dangerous, and destructive to our country than any Alt Right group has been, that's just a simple fact. You can be opposed to the Alt Right, but don't pretend for a second that they are worse than ANTIFA.

BTW, I find it hilarious that in your first sentence you talk about swallowing lies, then go on to say the Alt Right are white supremacist. Oh well what do you expect from people that only get their news from the msm.

I'm not a part of the Alt Right, nor do I agree with their viewpoints, but if you think they are white supremacist, it's you that are the one that is no capable of a meaningful conversation.

Old 08-15-2017, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Are you going to march against ANTIFA? They are violent thugs that attack people for simply having different political viewpoints.

Whatever you think of the Alt Right, they aren't going out and assaulting people peacefully assembling, or hurting anyone. ANTIFA and other such groups are not only denying people their constitutional rights to assemble, and their right to free speech, they are routinely assaulting people in the streets.

ANTIFA has been significantly more dangerous, and destructive to our country than any Alt Right group has been, that's just a simple fact. You can be opposed to the Alt Right, but don't pretend for a second that they are worse than ANTIFA.

BTW, I find it hilarious that in your first sentence you talk about swallowing lies, then go on to say the Alt Right are white supremacist. Oh well what do you expect from people that only get their news from the msm.

I'm not a part of the Alt Right, nor do I agree with their viewpoints, but if you think they are white supremacist, it's you that are the one that is no capable of a meaningful conversation.
It really makes one wonder what people are teaching these days that they're arguing Constitutional Rights but promotes them only when they see fit.

In regards to this particular "supposed" protest, I expect nothing to come of it.

Old 08-15-2017, 07:54 PM

6,358 posts, read 5,059,604 times
so predictable. people called "morons", moreso than those who comment on local news stories, "I won't discuss this with you", etc.

running scared.

I am surprised no one has yet to bash James Damore. I guess when some people here are eventually accused of being racist and STILL won't concede the argument, things will turn to Damore's character and a stat of female wages in google (that is some bad comparison) will surface.

Old 08-15-2017, 07:56 PM

1,701 posts, read 1,600,297 times
Ready? Here you go. I do not agree with the tactics that AntiFa seems to endorse. I condemn all violence in the name of politics. However, I fully believe that beyond judging tactics -- such as peaceful assembly (good), or violent attacks (bad) -- we must also judge ideology. Neo-Nazis and white supremacists are in the wrong, and I stand against their ideology, aside from any tactics -- good or bad -- that they espouse.

I'm all for constitutional rights. I am also for civil rights. If you cannot agree that people who carry swastikas in public are on the wrong side of history, you are a Nazi sympathizer. And yes, that's what educators are teaching these days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh