Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2017, 08:03 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,227,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkTransplant View Post
Ready? Here you go. I do not agree with the tactics that AntiFa seems to endorse. I condemn all violence in the name of politics. However, I fully believe that beyond judging tactics -- such as peaceful assembly (good), or violent attacks (bad) -- we must also judge ideology. Neo-Nazis and white supremacists are in the wrong, and I stand against their ideology, aside from any tactics -- good or bad -- that they espouse.

I'm all for constitutional rights. I am also for civil rights. If you cannot agree that people who carry swastikas in public are on the wrong side of history, you are a Nazi sympathizer. And yes, that's what educators are teaching these days.
You're arguing against the protest because of the protesters themselves and that is arguing a Constitutional Right...and nobody is being a "Nazi Sympathizer". That's your assumption.

Old 08-15-2017, 08:04 PM

6,358 posts, read 5,059,604 times
Quote:
I'm all for constitutional rights. I am also for civil rights. If you cannot agree that people who carry swastikas in public are on the wrong side of history, you are a Nazi sympathizer. And yes, that's what educators are teaching these days.

who exactly on this board believes they are on the RIGHT side of history? there COULD be someone here who covertly and quietly sympathizes with them, but they are free to think and believe what they will.

Are we not talking about the right of assembly?

i agree it would be nerve wracking if we had the klan down here, or if banners with the swastika were waving down grant street in a parade...but until and unless those groups are outlawed....

Old 08-15-2017, 08:08 PM

12,391 posts, read 7,103,495 times
Quote:
Ready? Here you go. I do not agree with the tactics that AntiFa seems to endorse. I condemn all violence in the name of politics. However, I fully believe that beyond judging tactics -- such as peaceful assembly (good), or violent attacks (bad) -- we must also judge ideology. Neo-Nazis and white supremacists are in the wrong, and I stand against their ideology, aside from any tactics -- good or bad -- that they espouse.

With very few exceptions, everyone agrees that any race based supremacy ideology is not good, however that's not the point being argued here. Anybody going to deny people their right to peacefully assemble, or denying free speech are wrong, it doesn't matter if they are assaulting people, or just cheering the violence on.

The violence has come almost exclusively from the left, that an undeniable fact. The Alt Right are not white supremacists, and are only being labeled as such as a means for the left to justify their violence against them.

I will always be on the side of the constitution, I will not apologize for that, even while I defend people's right to speech that I may not agree with.

Now to bring this back on topic, I agree with the poster that said nothing is likely to come of this protest at Google, heck, I would be surprised if the protest never happens.

Last edited by stburr91; 08-15-2017 at 08:17 PM..

Old 08-15-2017, 08:20 PM

2,401 posts, read 2,103,915 times
Alt right morons have no business here, it's not a peaceful protest when they show up with guns. And I run from nobody. Anybody feel like discussing this with me in person feel free to PM me. This is a protest that as of today had no permit, planned to assemble on private property on behalf of a man who wanted nothing to do with the racists, and in a city that does not want them here. Anybody playing devils advocate for the sake of argument is pandering to an ideology that I have lost members of my family to in the Second World War. My grandfather fought from Tunisia to Germany to put and end to the ideologies that these traitors put forth. This isn't free speech it's hate speech. "We won't let the Jews control us"? What sort of peaceful language is that? Stbur91, Szug-bot, you guys need to make it clear what side you are on. Saying "I don't like these guys, buuuut"? Everything after "but" negates everything you said before it.

Old 08-15-2017, 08:25 PM

Here's the group who organizes these rallies, don't let your Alt-facts get in the way here:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unite_the_Right_rally
Peaceful my a$$

Ha! Chief snowflake Kessler who ran like the coward he is may have been a Wall Street occupier! Talk about Antifa!
http://www.dailywire.com/news/19747/...-james-barrett

Old 08-15-2017, 08:31 PM

12,391 posts, read 7,103,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcider View Post
Alt right morons have no business here, it's not a peaceful protest when they show up with guns. And I run from nobody. Anybody feel like discussing this with me in person feel free to PM me. This is a protest that as of today had no permit, planned to assemble on private property on behalf of a man who wanted nothing to do with the racists, and in a city that does not want them here. Anybody playing devils advocate for the sake of argument is pandering to an ideology that I have lost members of my family to in the Second World War. My grandfather fought from Tunisia to Germany to put and end to the ideologies that these traitors put forth. This isn't free speech it's hate speech. "We won't let the Jews control us"? What sort of peaceful language is that? Stbur91, Szug-bot, you guys need to make it clear what side you are on. Saying "I don't like these guys, buuuut"? Everything after "but" negates everything you said before it.
This is why it's hard to take those on the left seriously, you ignore what doesn't fit your narrative. First one person labels the Alt Right as white supremacists, then you say I need to make it clear what side I'm on. I couldn't have made it clearer what my position is. I don't care what someone's viewpoints are, they have the right to peacefully assemble, and they have the fright to free speech.

Your attempt to paint me in a negative light was clumsy, and was as obvious as it was ineffective.

I'm on the side of the constitution, and that will always be the right side of history.

BTW, the Google protests were being planned for weeks, and has much more to do with Google's sweeping censorship of Youtube. It looks like we are going to be seeing some potentially large class action lawsuits against Google over the censorship issue.

Old 08-15-2017, 08:39 PM

How did you feel about the BLM protests there, Mr constitution? I'm sure if I scoured your posts you'd have said some pretty contradictory things about them and their movement. Can't have it both ways. This pathetic gathering may have been planned for some time but as of today there was no permit. That is what I would call an illegal gathering.

Old 08-15-2017, 08:54 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,227,836 times
Quote:
Personal feelings don't trump Constitutional Rights.

Old 08-16-2017, 04:51 AM

6,358 posts, read 5,059,604 times
Quote:
How did you feel about the BLM protests there, Mr constitution? I'm sure if I scoured your posts you'd have said some pretty contradictory things about them and their movement. Can't have it both ways. This pathetic gathering may have been planned for some time but as of today there was no permit. That is what I would call an illegal gathering.
you now sound like you are jumping to - no, rather, HOPING for a conclusion so you can character assassinate whoever's posts you will review for inconsistencies or improprieties, Kommissar. you need to cool it a little bit.

let's keep this in perspective - the alt-right's latching on to a planned Google protest that is independent of the motivations for Charlottesville. at least it is feared that that will happen.

the washington post says protests have been postponed, anyway.

Old 08-16-2017, 05:18 AM

I don't need to character assasinate, the nazi apologists here showed their cards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh