Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2018, 11:00 AM

4,994 posts, read 1,992,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKyank View Post
It’s why I will never be a public defender; potential murderers losing their lives does not apall me; innocent people getting shot does however; if Antwon turns out being the latter I will then be appalled. Currently I’m neutral.

It is highly probable he was involved in the drive by shooting. Unless it is proven he was not at that scene, this police action fits PA law.

Old 06-23-2018, 11:03 AM

4,994 posts, read 1,992,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
That’s not how this works. First and foremost, we do not know that he was involved in a violent felony. If it turns out that he was, that doesn’t change the fact there was no proof that he had been involved in a violent felony at the time of his execution. Furthermore the law is absurd, unjust, and possibly unconstitutional.

The law was written to exactly comply with the supreme court ruling so it would be constitutional. The police acted according to PA law that was and is in force. The car was involved in the drive by shooting and he was in the car. Thinking he was not involved is ignoring the facts.

Old 06-23-2018, 03:09 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,983,158 times
I feel bad for this kid's parents. Really sad for them. I am glad they have good video footage of the drive-by though. That is a good thing because it is hard to beat a good video for evidence.

I have a feeling Antwon is involved in that drive-by of the hidden person that doesn't matter. I still find it odd that the media buried that drive-by. Crazy.

I understand the protesting of course. Some groups are just filled with anger. A car rolled though the protests in the North Shore and they attacked the driver, but the driver got away. Can't blame the driver really. Why all the protests in Pittsburgh? I thought this happened outside the city?

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2018...chael-rosfeld/

Old 06-23-2018, 04:02 PM

8,090 posts, read 6,966,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
You keep using the term "extrajudicial" when this police action precisely fits the definition of appropriate use of force stated in PA law
Extrajudicial meaning no judge, no jury, no jurisprudence.

Old 06-23-2018, 04:30 PM

94 posts, read 78,915 times
The other night when the protesters shut down the Parkway, Beau Berman of Channel 4 interviewed one of the out of town truckers that ventured into the crowd to see what was going on. The trucker claimed that a protester showed him the video. The trucker claimed that the cop was blatantly wrong in his eyes. Just curious if the protester mentioned the prior crime that led to all of this. Anybody that does not think it is pertinent is, again, not very smart. Of course, Beau did not ask him either. Surprise Surprise!

Last edited by New Waver; 06-23-2018 at 04:45 PM..

Old 06-23-2018, 07:33 PM
gg

Protestors are all over the place, so be very careful. They attacked someone in a black Mercedes near PNC Park and the crowds are obviously violent after seeing that on video. If you don't have to go downtown, don't. Too dangerous. I think they shut down the Grays Bridge earlier, but it was clear at 8:30PM when I just crossed it. Lucky for the dumb protestors as I would be ready with my 9 and my foot on the pedal because I have to get through for my own safety. No way am I stopping or I might be dead.

Anyway, be very careful out there as these protestors are dangerous as you can see here them attacking these innocent people in a Mercedes. I hope they catch the criminals that attacked them.

Old 06-23-2018, 07:54 PM
gg

Protesters now in the South Side, so be very careful. I don't think this situation is a good one. They are protesting all over Pittsburgh and this didn't happen in Pittsburgh, so we are not dealing with... well intelligent people. Anything could happen. If you live in the South Side, you might want to find a safe place for your car and lock your doors. Take care all.

Old 06-23-2018, 08:28 PM

2,768 posts, read 1,583,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by safak View Post
Maybe because theres a chance he had nothing to do with it, and is dead from being shot in the back while being no threat.
Then he should not have run.

Old 06-23-2018, 08:44 PM

94 posts, read 78,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
Then he should not have run.
And choose another hobby and/or different friends. That's being nice.

Last edited by New Waver; 06-23-2018 at 09:16 PM..

Old 06-23-2018, 08:52 PM
gg

I for some reason keep reading, "being no threat" as to this shooting. People are under the impression that "being no threat" means being no threat to the cop that shot him. That isn't the case at all. The threat is if a murderer is on the run, they need to be stopped because they are a threat to anyone they encounter. The cop wasn't the person that was threatened, it was anyone in this murderers path. Police have the right to protect and serve. The cop was protecting the public.

All this will come out after the funeral is over as leaders don't want to hurt the family. After the funeral we will see him being involved in the drive-by and his smile will then be remembered as someone trying to kill a 22 year old.

It is a shame. He could have had a bright future, but he went to crime like some do. It really is too bad. I wish the cop just shot him once, so he had a chance, but I guess he had to make sure the threat didn't continue to innocent people in harms way. If he didn't shoot and Antwon took a hostage, everyone would blame the cop for not doing his job. It really is a no win.

Stay safe out there. Lots of angry protesters ready to do damage as we have seen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh