Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2020, 07:38 PM

1,952 posts, read 1,132,021 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyovan4 View Post
^ West End Bridge?
Nope looking west from top of Ben Avon area. Didn't even realize you could see the bridge but that is the Neville Island Bridge
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2020, 07:27 PM

4,177 posts, read 2,959,657 times
Inspirational Hip Hop video
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...=1586912614695

Old 04-14-2020, 08:14 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,983,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
One comment so far. Not looking good, but I will post it incase you want to respond.

If this was about protecting and helping people, Masai Turner would have respected our people's request for limited travel. Travel from TX for this purpose is not essential. Shame on the Post Gazette for reporting this story. Do your homework. Do real reporting. If you did your due diligence you would know that Pittsburgh chewed up Masai a long time ago. This is a COVID cash in. Ask Masai about Studio Corrida. Ask him about what happened with Formula412. Talk with Byron Nash. Akil, you're a clown for even entertaining this sucker. You actually have real talent and should respect yourself enough to distance yourself. Hope you got paid. Hope you at least got a hamburger out of it. “I came home to spread a little COVID and a few frowns.”

Old 04-15-2020, 08:42 AM

1,524 posts, read 1,312,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knepper3 View Post
Ah I spent the day clearing out our study to redo the flooring while I'm home. I also took some time to play with my new drone at my house.

Awesome pictures

Old 04-15-2020, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGH423 View Post
Awesome pictures
Thanks, here is last night. I also played with some settings on the one of Emsworth Locks & Dam, it wasn't actually dark out.

Old 04-15-2020, 03:10 PM

12,526 posts, read 17,549,480 times
What model drone do you have? I'm in the market for one and you seem to get pretty good photos. TIA

Old 04-15-2020, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
What model drone do you have? I'm in the market for one and you seem to get pretty good photos. TIA

I got a Phantom 4 Pro, I had a very specific want though. I have 2 jobs, PM for an engineering firm and a real estate agent w/ my wife. My PM I often manage (remote mainly) IT and federal response work which I am trying to see where we might be able to use drones. I also work w/ our GIS department so I enjoy mapping and modeling.

The Phantom 4 Pro has a very nice camera but it also has a mechanical shutter which is a plus for mapping. There are newer and nicer models too. The others I've heard good things on are the DJI Mavic Pro 2 and the Autel EVO series. All similar cameras in terms of quality but no mechanical shutter but unless you want to do mapping likely wouldn't matter. They also all film in 4k 60fps. I will also use this for real estate photography but if that was the only thing I would use it for I'd likely have gone with one of the others mentioned.

Old 04-15-2020, 04:00 PM

Quote:

Those 2 photos are actually cropped down at least 1/2 from the original and was very happy with the resolution still.

Old 04-15-2020, 07:10 PM

12,526 posts, read 17,549,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knepper3 View Post
I got a Phantom 4 Pro, I had a very specific want though. I have 2 jobs, PM for an engineering firm and a real estate agent w/ my wife. My PM I often manage (remote mainly) IT and federal response work which I am trying to see where we might be able to use drones. I also work w/ our GIS department so I enjoy mapping and modeling.

T
That might be a LITTLE higher priced drone for me. It would be tough convincing my wife it's a TOOL vs a TOY. Definitely great photo resolution.

Old 04-15-2020, 08:39 PM

Quote:
That might be a LITTLE higher priced drone for me. It would be tough convincing my wife it's a TOOL vs a TOY. Definitely great photo resolution.

Yeah I will admit mine is more a toy vs tool to me but I sold it to the wife as a tool. I really will be taking real estate photo. A photographer usually charges an extra $100+ per session for drone shots so that will eventually pay for it plus my other work I think of it as training. If you want something cheaper, not sure how cheap, but you could get an older DJI Mavic Air. Very nice everything just a step down in terms of the camera but still a great camera and stability. I was going to get that at first as a play drone, look for one used and you can prob find one well under $500. You could go even smaller one which will be even cheaper but I feel there is a big step down in term of camera quality but still nice just not a huge price savings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh