Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2020, 10:27 AM

882 posts, read 335,648 times

Advertisements

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...udy-shows.html

People who refuse to wear a mask or comply with social distancing have lower cognitive ability, new study shows The team found those with higher working capacity have an increased awareness of benefits and cost of social distancing and wearing a mask.

This part of the memory is involved in decision-making, reasoning and how one behaves, and it holds information for just a few seconds. The amount of information working memory can hold briefly is predictive of many mental abilities such as intelligence, comprehension, and learning. Weiwei Zhang, an associate professor of psychology at the University of California, Riverside, said: 'The higher the working memory capacity, the more likely that social distancing behaviors will follow.'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2020, 10:37 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PghPatriot View Post
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...udy-shows.html

People who refuse to wear a mask or comply with social distancing have lower cognitive ability, new study shows The team found those with higher working capacity have an increased awareness of benefits and cost of social distancing and wearing a mask.

This part of the memory is involved in decision-making, reasoning and how one behaves, and it holds information for just a few seconds. The amount of information working memory can hold briefly is predictive of many mental abilities such as intelligence, comprehension, and learning. Weiwei Zhang, an associate professor of psychology at the University of California, Riverside, said: 'The higher the working memory capacity, the more likely that social distancing behaviors will follow.'
That sounds like it could go for many things.

What’s the percentage of those who don’t wear masks?

Old 07-20-2020, 10:53 AM

3,711 posts, read 2,699,796 times
CDC is a for-profit corporation largely controlled and influenced by pharmaceutical corporations. It is not a branch of US government. CDC encourages partnerships with pharmaceutical corporations to advance their agenda. Drug companies spend more on advertising than all other industries combined and spend heavily to influence public policy. And most dangerously, they cannot be sued in a court of law.Nice gig. It's boggling how people no longer trust their own bodies and give their rights away to government/pharma. "Tell me what to do, oh dear government. I am so weak. I can no longer think for myself. Please...". Gimme a break. Glad to see hospitals failing now because people have wised up and realize they don't need that 10th back surgery anyway and they were just scammed.

Old 07-20-2020, 11:01 AM

806 posts, read 260,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalewskimm View Post
CDC is a for-profit corporation largely controlled and influenced by pharmaceutical corporations. It is not a branch of US government.

Come on man.

Quote:
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is a national public health institute in the United States. It is a United States federal agency, under the Department of Health and Human Services,[2] and is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia.[3]

Talking about how glad you are to see hospitals failing is a whole other can of worms. The collapse of rural healthcare is decimating traditional Republican political strongholds.

Old 07-20-2020, 11:10 AM

882 posts, read 335,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
That sounds like it could go for many things.

What’s the percentage of those who don’t wear masks?

I'm not sure what you're asking?

Old 07-20-2020, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PghPatriot View Post
I'm not sure what you're asking?
I’m asking what percentage of people aren’t wearing masks. It sounds like you feel it’s a considerable number, especially due to the thread title

Old 07-20-2020, 12:23 PM

1,952 posts, read 1,132,021 times
I'm not sure where everyone is going that you are seeing so many not using masks, we are out a good amount in North Hills/Cranberry/Lawrenceville/Bloomfield areas and I rarely see someone that can not socially distance or inside not wearing a mask. Aside from my feelings on them I wear them if I can't be 6 feet. If someone is nervous or worried about whatever I would hope people would try to be courteous if you are getting into their personal space.

Old 07-20-2020, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knepper3 View Post
I'm not sure where everyone is going that you are seeing so many not using masks, we are out a good amount in North Hills/Cranberry/Lawrenceville/Bloomfield areas and I rarely see someone that can not socially distance or inside not wearing a mask. Aside from my feelings on them I wear them if I can't be 6 feet. If someone is nervous or worried about whatever I would hope people would try to be courteous if you are getting into their personal space.
Exactly this. We traveled through 5 states on our way back the last few weeks and saw very few people not wearing masks.

Old 07-20-2020, 01:26 PM

12,526 posts, read 17,551,932 times
I prefer to err on the side of caution, I wear a mask. If it turns out they are useless, big deal. It's not really a hardship, but not being able to get a haircut, that's attacking my rights.

Old 07-20-2020, 02:03 PM

32,620 posts, read 77,632,563 times
Masks are for liberal pansies.

I’m a liberal pansy.

Ergo, I wear a mask.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh