Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2020, 02:02 PM

806 posts, read 260,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
The Pirates having another losing season?
That's a given that we can all agree on, though.

The sun rises in the east, water is wet, the Pirates are terrible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2020, 02:03 PM

806 posts, read 260,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyovan4 View Post
He grew up like a Duke or a Prince - is it any wonder that now he feels entitled to govern like a King?
But enough about Donald Trump,

Old 07-26-2020, 06:55 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,224,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PghSportsGuy420 View Post
But enough about Donald Trump,
You’ll never stop talking about Trump. Your hate for him flows through you more and more everyday.

Old 07-26-2020, 07:06 PM

6,358 posts, read 5,058,732 times
Quote:
You’ll never stop talking about Trump. Your hate for him flows through you more and more everyday.
i can certainly see why people do not like him. but the presidency is a lightning rod for hate. doesnt matter who it is.

some of the stuff i come across on youtube is STARTLING as it sheds a different light on trump criticism and the left's critics in general.

china, for example. oh, sure, Trump's racist for picking on china and mexico.

no - tough standards were put on the germans, french, and canadians as well. but because the chinese are asiatic, and the mexicans hispanic, it became some kind of white power move from trump.

some of the critics are just idiots. does no one know how control over our economy has slipped away? how fragile it may be? he just wants to reclaim that. china does it - they alter natural value of their currency. they steal so many secrets... we have known this for decades.

but thats OK, right? because trump called it...are you ready????? the CHINA FLU????

my ears! my ears! oh, visions of swastikas and confederate flags as his national police come to take innocents from their homes...the white society paradise is in motion...RUN, children, RUN!

Old 07-26-2020, 07:12 PM

SCR hit the nail on the head. He and these whiners are “liberal pansies”.

They’re weak “idiots”. Their feelings are always hurt and they think they’re entitled to everything...and as weak as they are is why I’d love to see the police defunded. When they have nobody to protect them they’ll be begging for help.

They’ll be crying like the chaz “leader”, lol.

Old 07-26-2020, 09:05 PM

Quote:
They’re weak “idiots”. Their feelings are always hurt and they think they’re entitled to everything....

i have this exact conversation w/ a friend from DC who is not party affiliated, but usually votes Democrat, and is not a liberal.

He rants about Trumpisms and asks if the POTUS should be talking like that....

....i say it would be NICE if we had a mature, emotionally stable, Christian man there who was witty yet tactful and always cognizant that he is the face of the United States to the world...

but NO, it absolutely does not bother me when he is vicious like that. i attribute that to inner city rearing. i am disgusted because i wish for better, but i am not offended nor flummoxed by old school Trump (he has mellowed out as the months have gone on).

he's a jerk...but so are most people i know these days. everyone is callous, angry, will take advantage of anyone else for their own convenience (sure, park right on the grass so you dont have to walk a 1/2 block when you visit our neighborhood...)

Old 07-26-2020, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
i have this exact conversation w/ a friend from DC who is not party affiliated, but usually votes Democrat, and is not a liberal.

He rants about Trumpisms and asks if the POTUS should be talking like that....

....i say it would be NICE if we had a mature, emotionally stable, Christian man there who was witty yet tactful and always cognizant that he is the face of the United States to the world...

but NO, it absolutely does not bother me when he is vicious like that. i attribute that to inner city rearing. i am disgusted because i wish for better, but i am not offended nor flummoxed by old school Trump (he has mellowed out as the months have gone on).

he's a jerk...but so are most people i know these days. everyone is callous, angry, will take advantage of anyone else for their own convenience (sure, park right on the grass so you dont have to walk a 1/2 block when you visit our neighborhood...)
Bingo

Can’t wait till the House gets taken back and he wins again. Dems just keep digging their own holes and it’s hilarious to watch

Old 07-27-2020, 06:53 AM

2,869 posts, read 4,454,397 times
Is this a good time to mention that....

The Blue Jays will be playing their home games at their AAA team's stadium in Buffalo ? Is that news to fans in Pittsburgh ?

Old 07-27-2020, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian citizen View Post

The Blue Jays will be playing their home games at their AAA team's stadium in Buffalo ? Is that news to fans in Pittsburgh ?
no, its been reported here. no one cares, though.

i am happy with that, my being a fan of the city of Buffalo and its great people i had known there through work.

there is a thread here about what city reminds us of our own town, and i do not recall Buffalo even being mentioned - maybe not for topography, but for its man-made environment, to me its like our pimply faced adolescent younger brother. last time there, i remarked that it was Pittsburgh 15 years ago - post-industrial, but just discovering itself or attempting to re-invent itself.

Citizen - i am not one of the governor haters here, but i think this was a horrible decision by Levine (our chief health guy - whatever the official title is). Protocols were put in place. MLB surely studied the problem and came up with a plan....conducting baseball would NOT be the same as the general public and interactions between individuals...

plus, no fans at the ballpark anyway.

i think i can understand the government's reasoning, but with my understanding of the complex issue, i disagree that this was a good decision.

but - good for Buffalo...I really do like that town, western NY state, and also not far way Hamilton.

Old 07-27-2020, 09:14 AM
gg gg started this thread

26,137 posts, read 25,992,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian citizen View Post

The news wasn't about fans, it was about showcasing our city on TV and being a good city neighbor to Toronto. Our poorly run state failed on all accounts by not allowing Pittsburgh and our great stadium to be seen by Toronto fans and everyone they play during games here. That is a lot of publicity considering Toronto is in the American League. But we are growing and doing so well here without any publicity and have so much to look forward to during the pandemic.

So, it is a good time to show you how we missed out on much needed publicity/goodwill. Oh, no fans were coming, just free TV publicity and $$!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh