Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2021, 05:48 PM

755 posts, read 471,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
When you don’t have a running game, you’re obviously going to be predictable. It’s why Ben threw the ball 68 times, and had the most pass attempts in the league of any QB.
Some routes to the tight end on 3rd and short? A QB that is mobile, can bootleg, or put the linebakers on their heels because he can pick up 5 or 10 yards, or a lot more, by design or on a blown play? Maybe it is more a talent issue. But they sure didn't look prepared against a team they just played that didn't practice as a squad or have their head coach the week prior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2021, 05:55 PM

41,018 posts, read 18,189,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley Barker View Post
Some routes to the tight end on 3rd and short? A QB that is mobile, can bootleg, or put the linebakers on their heels because he can pick up 5 or 10 yards, or a lot more, by design or on a blown play? Maybe it is more a talent issue. But they sure didn't look prepared against a team they just played that didn't practice as a squad or have their head coach the week prior.
Too many mistakes starting with the first play of the game.

When you don’t have a running game, and you’re passing the ball 70%+ of the time, the other team is coming after the qb no matter who it is.

What mobile qb should they get, and how do they go about doing it?

Old 01-11-2021, 05:56 PM

3,829 posts, read 1,683,330 times
Does everyone still think trading a 1st round pick for Fitzpatrick was still worth it? He was largely invisible the last 7 games of the season. I think the Steelers got the short end of that deal.

Old 01-11-2021, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
Does everyone still think trading a 1st round pick for Fitzpatrick was still worth it? He was largely invisible the last 7 games of the season. I think the Steelers got the short end of that deal.
Much of the secondary was invisible in a few games, but Fitzpatrick was tied for 7th in the NFL in interceptions and Stillers finished with 3rd best defense in the league.

What more did you want Fitzpatrick to do?

Wasn’t Fitzpatrick equal to an 18th pick in the draft from the Dolphins? Who should they have taken at that pick in that draft?

Last edited by erieguy; 01-11-2021 at 06:09 PM..

Old 01-11-2021, 06:49 PM

1,411 posts, read 565,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Who should be brought in to change the standard?

What’s the cap going to be?

What moves, drafts, trades, etc..., should they make to get to the SB next season?
First, I don't think they have any chance to get to the SB in the foreseeable future; far too many holes, and,as I have stated ad infinitum, the whole organization needs to change , especially the head coach & GM.
However, there is no chance the nitwit current Rooney in charge has the brains or guts to do what is so desperately needed.
BR will likely not forsake his $40 million ( !!!!! ) salary for this year, so we are stuck with him.
Rudolph is probably no better than a backup QB, so maybe Zach Wilson of BYU may be available at round 24.
Also need at least 2 OL in early rounds, then pickup a RB in later rounds; there are plenty out there & don't waste an early pick on one. Maybe rounds 4-6?
Get rid of Ebron, Pouncey, Edmunds, Villanueva & DeCastro.
All are declining , Edmunds was NEVER any good, a wasted #1 pick & Ebron is a gutless dolt who can't block.
Just a few quick ideas.

Old 01-11-2021, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USC1986 View Post
First, I don't think they have any chance to get to the SB in the foreseeable future; far too many holes, and,as I have stated ad infinitum, the whole organization needs to change , especially the head coach & GM.
However, there is no chance the nitwit current Rooney in charge has the brains or guts to do what is so desperately needed.
BR will likely not forsake his $40 million ( !!!!! ) salary for this year, so we are stuck with him.
Rudolph is probably no better than a backup QB, so maybe Zach Wilson of BYU may be available at round 24.
Also need at least 2 OL in early rounds, then pickup a RB in later rounds; there are plenty out there & don't waste an early pick on one. Maybe rounds 4-6?
Get rid of Ebron, Pouncey, Edmunds, Villanueva & DeCastro.
All are declining , Edmunds was NEVER any good, a wasted #1 pick & Ebron is a gutless dolt who can't block.
Just a few quick ideas.
Agreed. They have no chance of getting to the SB. I don’t think Colbert is a problem, but Tomlin’s expiration date expired here many years ago.

I don’t blame BR one bit for not forsaking his salary, especially when he’s done everything possible to help with his salary to stay under the cap most of his career. Passing up $41m is lunacy.

Rudolph is only signed through next season so that’s another decision that’ll have to be made. Unless he greatly develops, he’s a career backup.

They definitely have to address the OL and RB.

Pouncey is here until Ben retires, same as many others, but Edmunds is a free agent.

Old 01-11-2021, 07:15 PM

1,411 posts, read 565,000 times
Until Tomlin is gone, all of this talk is just like arranging deck chairs on the Titanic. The rot begins at the head.
The whole culture must change & the vastly overrated Tomlin's laissez-faire "discipline", arrogance, stubborness, laziness and self satisfaction needs to disappear PRONTO!
But, we all know Rooney won't do it & Coach Cliche has a lifetime job if he wants it.

Old 01-11-2021, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USC1986 View Post
Until Tomlin is gone, all of this talk is just like arranging deck chairs on the Titanic. The rot begins at the head.
The whole culture must change & the vastly overrated Tomlin's laissez-faire "discipline", arrogance, stubborness, laziness and self satisfaction needs to disappear PRONTO!
But, we all know Rooney won't do it & Coach Cliche has a lifetime job if he wants it.
Bingo.

The only hope is that another team lures him away, but it would take a lot to give up a lifetime head coaching job.

Old 01-11-2021, 07:33 PM

1,118 posts, read 516,020 times
Lol, to think even I, who was being a big pessimist about the Steelers since the Bengals game, was fooled into thinking they’d win a close one last night (and then just soundly get eliminated by Buffalo next week).

That was a carbon copy of the Jags playoff game. Right down to them falsely getting our hopes up with a bit of a comeback only to screw it up anyway.

Everyone sucked. But hey, slightly better draft pick and they put us out of our misery sooner. Just have to deal with all the Cleveland trash talk and Juju/Claypool’s stupidity.

...idk about you all, but I hate a lot of the teams/players left in the playoffs. Go Buffalo? I guess. But I’ll bet the Ravens take them out.

Old 01-11-2021, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S6T1R View Post
Lol, to think even I, who was being a big pessimist about the Steelers since the Bengals game, was fooled into thinking they’d win a close one last night (and then just soundly get eliminated by Buffalo next week).

That was a carbon copy of the Jags playoff game. Right down to them falsely getting our hopes up with a bit of a comeback only to screw it up anyway.

Everyone sucked. But hey, slightly better draft pick and they put us out of our misery sooner. Just have to deal with all the Cleveland trash talk and Juju/Claypool’s stupidity.

...idk about you all, but I hate a lot of the teams/players left in the playoffs. Go Buffalo? I guess. But I’ll bet the Ravens take them out.
Colts coaching lost that game to the Bills. Not kicking a field goal and going for 2 2-point conversions instead of kicking 2 extra points was the difference.

I’d love to see the Saints and Packers go out early.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh