Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2022, 09:57 AM

437 posts, read 187,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
Pickett should be lighting it up. No pads no contact. Moats was a stiff when he was here. His statements regarding observations of Pickett are troubling.

Lighting it up in OTAs? Why do you say that? OTAs are not an indicator of future success or failure. We have a long way to go before we can judge Pickett.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2022, 02:16 PM

41,018 posts, read 18,194,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony_Soprano View Post
Lighting it up in OTAs? Why do you say that? OTAs are not an indicator of future success or failure. We have a long way to go before we can judge Pickett.
They simply hate the Stillers and especially Pickett since he wasn’t taken in the 3rd round like they predicted for so long. They only watch the Stillers and who they play and have zero idea what OTA’s are all about as these guys don’t even have to show up and are working in shorts…and since Ben retired, Pickett is their new flavor of the year alongside Watt…and they complain about the Stillers whether they win or lose. Something obviously happened, especially by Ben to have such angst and animosity to a first ballot HOF’er , and one of the most successful franchises in the history of sports…especially since they’re not from Pittsburgh and don’t even live in PA.

Last edited by erieguy; 06-06-2022 at 02:36 PM..

Old 06-06-2022, 06:58 PM

3,829 posts, read 1,683,330 times
Quote:
He was NFL ready we are told. He should be throwing to the number 1 receivers not 3 on the depth chart behind rudolph

Old 06-07-2022, 07:40 AM

I’m not the one writing these articles. However this is troubling. Again, I think they should just start him and roll with the punches. Why would you sit him behind two backup QBs? Makes no sense. He isn’t learning from Ben.

https://www.essentiallysports.com/nf...-question/amp/

Old 06-07-2022, 10:12 AM

Quote:
I’m not the one writing these articles. However this is troubling. Again, I think they should just start him and roll with the punches. Why would you sit him behind two backup QBs? Makes no sense. He isn’t learning from Ben.

Lol. You posted almost the identical article earlier. It’s hilarious that you think might, speculate, if, etc…, mean anything.

He’s not going to be sitting behind 2 backup qb’s and it’s hilarious that you think OTA’s mean anything as far as pecking order. Trubisky will start, Pickett will work his way in, and Rudolph will be lucky to be on the team at the start of the season.

Old 06-07-2022, 04:01 PM

437 posts, read 187,138 times
Quote:

That article is something I can't take seriously at this juncture. Whether Pickett struggles or dominates OTAs (as much as one can dominate something meaningless), it doesn't forecast boom or bust for Pickett's NFL career.

How did you even find that site? It appears to have the same legitimacy as CNN. Evidently you're digging deep to find reasons to write-off Pickett as a bust. For the record, I'm not saying he will or he won't. I need to see him play in the NFL for an extended period of time to fully judge him.

That article mentions the NFL using a bigger football than NCAA. Is that true? According to this site, there is no difference:

https://www.stack.com/a/football-sizes/

It was published in 2018, however. I always thought the footballs were the same size in the NFL vs. NCAA with the only difference being the white stripe on the ball that makes it more visible for receivers at the collegiate level.

Old 06-07-2022, 04:29 PM

Quote:
That article is something I can't take seriously at this juncture. Whether Pickett struggles or dominates OTAs (as much as one can dominate something meaningless), it doesn't forecast boom or bust for Pickett's NFL career.

How did you even find that site? It appears to have the same legitimacy as CNN. Evidently you're digging deep to find reasons to write-off Pickett as a bust. For the record, I'm not saying he will or he won't. I need to see him play in the NFL for an extended period of time to fully judge him.

That article mentions the NFL using a bigger football than NCAA. Is that true? According to this site, there is no difference:

https://www.stack.com/a/football-sizes/

It was published in 2018, however. I always thought the footballs were the same size in the NFL vs. NCAA with the only difference being the white stripe on the ball that makes it more visible for receivers at the collegiate level.
It means nothing. Tim Benz reported today on Maddens show that Matt Canada said the hierarchy of qb’s was the plan from the start. He also said, and not confirmed by Canada, that due to the schedule with the Stillers having a tough opening schedule and playing 3 games in 12 days it’s likely that Trubisky was going to start anyway. There was also a Stillers reporter on the show that confirmed what Canada said and that there’s also talk of trading Rudolph but he’s only worth a 6th round pick…and a 5th at the very best.

They dig deep to right off most any Stiller, especially Ben, Watt, and Pickett, with Minkah thrown in every so often, lol.

There’s so little difference in the size of a pro and college ball that it’s meaningless. Pickett has bigger hands than Vick and he has zero problems.

Old 06-12-2022, 06:21 PM

Interesting article.

https://steelersdepot.com/2022/06/ke...-the-athletic/

Old 06-12-2022, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Lol. Canada already said it was the plan for the hierarchy of the QB’s…and you obviously didn’t pay much attention to the article other than the headline.

Old 06-12-2022, 09:10 PM

Mason Rudolph’s Spring Performance Could Increase Trade Value

https://steelersdepot.com/2022/06/ma...e-trade-value/

Perhaps they should put him at number 1 in the hierarchy to get even more, lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh