Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2021, 03:48 PM

6,782 posts, read 9,597,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
Lol. Sure. It’s always been this way regardless of political party forever. Follow the money. Either way life is gonna go on. It’s called capitalism..

It's pretty clear where the money went the past four years, large corporations and big businesses. I think it's a bad idea, politically, but I was able to adapt better than most of the people who voted for it.

Old 02-28-2021, 04:02 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby Hick View Post
It's pretty clear where the money went the past four years, large corporations and big businesses. I think it's a bad idea, politically, but I was able to adapt better than most of the people who voted for it.
Nothing new, and it’ll continue that way. Politicians wallets depend on it. I always get a kick out of the because Trump tax returns. Meanwhile, Pelosi, Schumer, Biden, etc..., are sitting on fortunes and they’ve been in politics for 40+ years. Pretty tough to have a net worth of $140m on a Pelosi salary, and let’s not forget Obama’s $70m net worth. That happened real fast, yet the classists and/or their supporters rarely, if ever, bring it up.

Old 02-28-2021, 05:13 PM

3,829 posts, read 1,686,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Nothing new, and it’ll continue that way. Politicians wallets depend on it. I always get a kick out of the because Trump tax returns. Meanwhile, Pelosi, Schumer, Biden, etc..., are sitting on fortunes and they’ve been in politics for 40+ years. Pretty tough to have a net worth of $140m on a Pelosi salary, and let’s not forget Obama’s $70m net worth. That happened real fast, yet the classists and/or their supporters rarely, if ever, bring it up.
Each person you mentioned is crooked to an extent. You act like you just fell off the turnip truck. Politicians are humans and they feed off corruption, lies, cheating and stealing. Otherwise they wouldn’t be politicians and that includes trump, democrats, republicans. Everybody has done something questionable. Trump and Bill Clinton are boys. The clintons were at Donald’s last wedding to Melania. The fact he is friends with them doesn’t say much about Donald’s character.

You need to move on and quit acting like chicken little because biden is the President now. The amount of energy you waste bashing people is incredible. If only you could channel it for good and make the world better.

You are like the guy that got dumped by a woman and just can’t let it go. It becomes an obsession with a single person and then you do something that gets attention from the boys and girls in blue.

Old 02-28-2021, 05:20 PM

755 posts, read 472,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
That's a little disingenuous. Former first families (and pop stars and popes for that matter - see the link) make multi millions from book advances because their books become huge best-sellers because people want to read them:
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/79298244.cms

Obamas made $65 mil from publishers who intend to make many times that in sales. That's free enterprise and anyone would be crazy to turn it down. What I am looking for is what do they do with that money. Of course they are now private citizens so we won't see their tax returns, which until recently was (and needs to be) standard practice for candidates.

I think Pelosi's bucks mostly come from her husband, Paul, who is a huge real estate invester in SF and manages a venture capital firm there. I'm actually shocked it isn't more given the value of real estate and the ROI's in the Bay Area. Maybe for some folks $170 mil is enough. ;-)

Old 02-28-2021, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley Barker View Post
That's a little disingenuous. Former first families (and pop stars and popes for that matter - see the link) make multi millions from book advances because their books become huge best-sellers because people want to read them:
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/79298244.cms

Obamas made $65 mil from publishers who intend to make many times that in sales. That's free enterprise and anyone would be crazy to turn it down. What I am looking for is what do they do with that money. Of course they are now private citizens so we won't see their tax returns, which until recently was (and needs to be) standard practice for candidates.

I think Pelosi's bucks mostly come from her husband, Paul, who is a huge real estate invester in SF and manages a venture capital firm there. I'm actually shocked it isn't more given the value of real estate and the ROI's in the Bay Area. Maybe for some folks $170 mil is enough. ;-)
I’d wager more genuous than disgenuous.

As to what they do with the money, excellent question, and I don’t see much of any reports where they’re using it to help folks out. They get taxpayers to do that.

He certainly bought some Tesla stock just weeks before Biden’s plan.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/foxbalt...c-vehicle-plan

Old 03-02-2021, 06:40 AM

1,170 posts, read 536,625 times
you can sit on a bar stool at a cocktail table placed directly next to the bar and drink as long as there's food on the table (wm penn tavern, cappy's, urban tap shadyside are a few examples using this setup), but you can't sit on a bar stool at the bar and just drink

THIS CITY IS A JOKE

Old 03-02-2021, 06:56 AM

It’s not just the city where that’s a thing, but yes, it’s a joke. The Governor is also a joke, but it’s that blue lever thingy that keeps it that way.

Old 03-02-2021, 08:19 AM

6,358 posts, read 5,056,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUILD PENN SQUARE View Post
you can sit on a bar stool at a cocktail table placed directly next to the bar and drink as long as there's food on the table (wm penn tavern, cappy's, urban tap shadyside are a few examples using this setup), but you can't sit on a bar stool at the bar and just drink

THIS CITY IS A JOKE
maybe not. it sounds like that is a reasonable compromise. you (general) want to keep these establishments open? there is always a risk of exposure, so we (general!) will allow this to occur for drinks and food, but to have people at a bar (MUCH CLOSER TO OTHER INDIVIDUALS), and only consuming drinks, is above and beyond reasonable accommodation.

maybe this is the rationale for establishment of this policy.

Old 03-02-2021, 08:32 AM

2,388 posts, read 2,342,073 times
This city doesn't suck because it's lacking a bar scene. In fact it's slightly better w/o it. Tired of drunks.

Old 03-02-2021, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv95 View Post
This city doesn't suck because it's lacking a bar scene. In fact it's slightly better w/o it. Tired of drunks.
That doesn’t bode well for tax revenue, small businesses, etc..., and especially the drink tax. Wolf already wants to raise taxes.

Are you in favor of a tax increase?

How many drunks do you run into?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh