Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2022, 09:40 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,196,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
lol and the steeler fan thread you troll?
Amongst so many others. Another be careful what you wish for scenario, lol.

Old 01-23-2022, 09:46 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,964,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
The "old" Yac was replaced in 2018. He kept closer watch on the forum. He would not allow a lot of what goes on now.
I think it is more relaxed moderating on all forums here. It is the opposite of reddit that is designed as an echo chamber. This is a place a place for open discussion. It is a bit overrun with nonsense, but keeping up with local happenings should be part of the region. It is shocking how few people watch local new and then go out and vote. No wonder we are in the crapper.

Hope carjackings don’t increase here, but we aren’t really like Philly on so many levels.

Old 01-23-2022, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
Who is the moderator of the Pittsburgh board? I know reading some other threads of other states and cities they are moderated much better. Some posters try to take a thread off the rails with politics, racial profiling and it automatically squashed. Why is this board not moderated? Is it because those moderating are the same ones trolling this board?
Most of your posts are political, so you’re asking for your own posts to be squashed…and just because you don’t agree what other folks say and want them banned because of it, doesn’t mean it’s not being moderated.

Old 01-23-2022, 12:18 PM

12,526 posts, read 17,540,417 times
I would hate to see widespread carjacking coming to this area. Some say due to the increased security measures in newer cars it's tougher to steal them. Easier to threaten the driver.

Old 01-23-2022, 01:29 PM

3,829 posts, read 1,684,214 times
Quote:
I would hate to see widespread carjacking coming to this area. Some say due to the increased security measures in newer cars it's tougher to steal them. Easier to threaten the driver.
Best anti theft device is a manual transmission. Few people know how to drive one these days

Old 01-23-2022, 01:47 PM

12,526 posts, read 17,540,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
Best anti theft device is a manual transmission. Few people know how to drive one these days
Back in the late 80's my wife worked at AGH and lived in a 6 unit building near the Northside Y. All her neighbors had their cars stolen at least once. Not her, she had a Mazda 7 with a stick. You would think some enterprising car thief would realize how much he could increase his earning potential by learning how to drive one.

Old 01-23-2022, 02:00 PM
gg

Quote:
It won't. Pittsburgh's demographics aren't anything like Philly. Should I post statistics that help prove this post? I can, but I don't think there is a need.

Old 01-23-2022, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
It won't. Pittsburgh's demographics aren't anything like Philly. Should I post statistics that help prove this post? I can, but I don't think there is a need.
Yes, please post your proof.

Old 01-23-2022, 02:41 PM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Yes, please post your proof.
I know you would like to see it, but I don't need to rock the boat. I am already hated on here for statistics.

It is an interesting study though. I think these times are unprecedented as people can't take reality. If you present statistics and real numbers about crime or even crime in general, people can't take it. This is our demise as a country. People vote not knowing reality. Reality isn't "racist", it is reality. Numbers! White people are the least racist of everyone in this country and that is a fact statically. You can study the numbers in every direction and there is NO arguing against it. NO WAY, NO HOW.

Anyway, there is no need to elaborate further. Pittsburgh is lucky in a way, but there are better places to get away from crime and hatred.

Just move on. What I stated is fact and all should yield to me. Seriously.

Old 01-23-2022, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
I know you would like to see it, but I don't need to rock the boat. I am already hated on here for statistics.

It is an interesting study though. I think these times are unprecedented as people can't take reality. If you present statistics and real numbers about crime or even crime in general, people can't take it. This is our demise as a country. People vote not knowing reality. Reality isn't "racist", it is reality. Numbers! White people are the least racist of everyone in this country and that is a fact statically. You can study the numbers in every direction and there is NO arguing against it. NO WAY, NO HOW.

Anyway, there is no need to elaborate further. Pittsburgh is lucky in a way, but there are better places to get away from crime and hatred.

Just move on. What I stated is fact and all should yield to me. Seriously.
In other words, you have no proof, and lol at yielding to you, especially when you make statements that you have no proof to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh