Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2021, 04:58 PM

199 posts, read 84,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Excellent deflection so as to not answer questions, but I’m flattered that you pay so much attention to how much I post.

You do you
Kinda hard not to notice. I think you have more posts than anyone else here by a long shot.

Old 10-13-2021, 05:00 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexNevermind View Post
Kinda hard not to notice. I think you have more posts than anyone else here by a long shot.
Still haven’t answered the questions, but there’s an ignore feature if you don’t want to notice, and you think wrong as there’s plenty of folks that post in this forum that have more posts than I do.

Last edited by erieguy; 10-13-2021 at 05:18 PM..

Old 10-13-2021, 05:41 PM

6,358 posts, read 5,056,374 times
Quote:
Because I feel like we shouldn’t be putting people like Columbus on a pedestal and I think that real history is more important than whitewashed history.

But you project a carefree attitude about everything and are find of saying nothing really bothers or effects you because you’re rich and retired or whatever. Yet you spend more of your finite time on this earth on this forum than anyone else, so clearly you’re invested in almost everything in this board.

I’m just curious why?

thats just dumb. and indicative of a deeper personal problem with you, maybe. you direct your other frustrations to a safe target. a cause where you have no skin in the game, nothing to lose.

you probably rocked out at the Free Tibet concerts. music, half naked babes in teh summer sun and a righteous cause. its not like you had to give up anything, or boycott anything.

same with this. the fact that pretty much ONLY italian-americans (and probably only 50% of them) put Columbus on some sort of "pedestal" still doesn't deter your anger. what is lost on you is that columbus was subsidized by the spanish government. will you start a crusade against all this Spanish you see, in the NFL, everywhere else?

and please - get a dictionary and learn "effect" vs. "affect".

Old 10-13-2021, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Still haven’t answered the questions, but there’s an ignore feature if you don’t want to notice, and you think wrong as there’s plenty of folks that post in this forum that have more posts than I do.
I thought I did.

The difference is you're FAR FAR more active. You spend WAY more time than anyone. But in addition, you also try to play it off like nothing matters to you. At least the other posters seem to be passionate about things, even wacky gg....but you dont commit to anything really except arguing.

Old 10-13-2021, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
thats just dumb. and indicative of a deeper personal problem with you, maybe. you direct your other frustrations to a safe target. a cause where you have no skin in the game, nothing to lose.

you probably rocked out at the Free Tibet concerts. music, half naked babes in teh summer sun and a righteous cause. its not like you had to give up anything, or boycott anything.

same with this. the fact that pretty much ONLY italian-americans (and probably only 50% of them) put Columbus on some sort of "pedestal" still doesn't deter your anger. what is lost on you is that columbus was subsidized by the spanish government. will you start a crusade against all this Spanish you see, in the NFL, everywhere else?

and please - get a dictionary and learn "effect" vs. "affect".
I don't know what a free tibet concert is, but half naked babes in the summer sounds pretty awesome to me!

Old 10-13-2021, 06:01 PM

Quote:
I thought I did.

The difference is you're FAR FAR more active. You spend WAY more time than anyone. But in addition, you also try to play it off like nothing matters to you. At least the other posters seem to be passionate about things, even wacky gg....but you dont commit to anything really except arguing.
Obviously thought wrong.

I commit to many things. I just don’t stamp my feet and get angry when folks don’t agree….and I ask you questions but you deflect and argue instead.

Last edited by erieguy; 10-13-2021 at 06:11 PM..

Old 10-13-2021, 06:06 PM

807 posts, read 617,512 times
Just to turn the discussion back to Vittor for a bit, two more interesting facts:

1. In 1951, he proposed that $1,000,000 be spent constructing a 200 ft statue of George Washington (clad in buckskin jacket and coonskin cap, the way he would have looked when first visiting the area in 1753) across the river from the "point park project."

2. Also at this time (and perhaps this is well known) but Vittor was also proposing that the fountain at point park should incorporate a 100 ft statue of Joe Magarac. I'm not sure who Vittor's model was for Magarac, but dude was totally swole (see photo).
Attached Thumbnails
Columbus-magarac-jpeg.jpg  

Old 10-13-2021, 08:49 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,983,158 times
This off topic thread has 14 pages and has nothing to do with Pittsburgh. Our forum is about the same as Politics and Other Controversies form. I am okay with that, but damn.

People against Columbus are clueless about real history. The snowflakes just don't get real timelines at all. It is an interesting study. I think echo-chambers creates a false sense of intelligence in one's own mind. They read others that always agree themselves and think they are smart. With people of IQ's 125 and up to my level of around 160, we just shake our heads. Oddly, the echo-chamber people can't learn anything because they can go back to home base and feel secure in their thinking. I know my IQ is only around 160, but I can see this. We are really in trouble in our near future. I don't see a good ending as young morons, well the sub 125's have this false sense of intelligence. Scary stuff, but I am soon out of here altogether. Lucky me, I have done very well and live wildly below my means. Tiny home, low taxes, and very efficient life. That being said, ONE YEAR from now I am gone. I will have duel citizenship to hedge and a mode of travel on a global scale. I planned this and worked for it.

Good luck if you are stuck with this new generation taking over. WOW!!!! The BLM/protest women are nuts and they are starting to take an alarming amount of control. They run on emotion, not logic. Blacks also do that for the most part. Pure anger. Odd stuff.

Old 10-13-2021, 09:14 PM

807 posts, read 617,512 times
Well said gg, you definitely come across as a very stable genius.

Old 10-13-2021, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doowlle34 View Post
Well said gg, you definitely come across as a very stable genius.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh