Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2023, 10:28 AM

4,181 posts, read 2,975,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Maybe you should seek therapy. Statistics are numbers that can’t be argued against. Solving any problems requires honesty. Things are out of control when police went from proactive policing to sitting back waiting for the usual to happen. Stay safe out there.
You are the only person arguing. I’ve been nothing but honest here. Who is at fault if the police sit back and do nothing? These officers are sworn in to protect and serve without prejudice. That’s criminal in and of itself. I’m always safe but never unstable or crazy. You are mad at someone but it’s not me. Learn how to direct your anger in the right direction.

Old 02-25-2023, 10:34 AM

This is a perfect example of how drugs infiltrate communities of color. The age and race changes as the illegal drugs move through the pipeline. The article illiterates this and the ages go from approximately 60 years of age down to about 20 years of age. The drugs come into the city by older adults and these drugs somehow make it 16 year olds. Same can be said with guns. These children are exploited and victimized.

https://triblive.com/local/valley-ne...-kiski-valley/

Old 02-25-2023, 10:40 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,294,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
You obviously do not know that Pittsburgh’s police staffing is not unique and therein lies the problem. There are police staffing shortages coast to coast. I’m sure there is serious competition to hire the best chief. Not to mention the times that we live in. It is imperative to identify and hire the best candidate whoever that may be.

The social workers responding to calls will not work. Never mind what your “source” says. Mayor Ed Gainey’s actions speak louder than words.

But really what do all of these county police do all day? Put them to work in the heart and population center of Allegheny County. Makes sense.
I’m certainly aware, and SCR, who works for the police has commented on it many times with Big Ed’s failure to do anything about it, and let’s not forget county police have been called in to address the shortage.

Lol. Except he made the claim when a new chief was going to be hired, and again doing no such thing.

Except they have issues to handle in the county and weren’t hired to address the city, that’s what city police are for, but Big Ed’s incompetence has them there. Can’t remember it ever happening before…but muh plan for peace being touted for 8+ months.

Quote:
You are the only person arguing. I’ve been nothing but honest here. Who is at fault if the police sit back and do nothing? These officers are sworn in to protect and serve without prejudice. That’s criminal in and of itself. I’m always safe but never unstable or crazy. You are mad at someone but it’s not me. Learn how to direct your anger in the right direction.
Please do provide proof at how they’re sitting back and doing nothing, and please be specific?

Funniest part is there’s those that say “F the police”, and those that don’t want them in their neighborhoods, yet you claim they do nothing

Old 02-25-2023, 11:31 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,055,314 times
Quote:
Who is at fault if the police sit back and do nothing? These officers are sworn in to protect and serve without prejudice. That’s criminal in and of itself. I’m always safe but never unstable or crazy. You are mad at someone but it’s not me. Learn how to direct your anger in the right direction.
The mayor is at fault. It started with Peduto and now Gainey. We need a Bloomberg style and fast. I’m not angry at anything except the general population losing freedoms due to a group that is out of control with violence. We all end up paying if the crazies keep it up. You just don’t see it coming. I do. It will affect you more than I in the end.

Old 02-25-2023, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
I’m certainly aware, and SCR, who works for the police has commented on it many times with Big Ed’s failure to do anything about it, and let’s not forget county police have been called in to address the shortage.

Lol. Except he made the claim when a new chief was going to be hired, and again doing no such thing.

Except they have issues to handle in the county and weren’t hired to address the city, that’s what city police are for, but Big Ed’s incompetence has them there. Can’t remember it ever happening before…but muh plan for peace being touted for 8+ months.

Please do provide proof at how they’re sitting back and doing nothing, and please be specific?

Funniest part is there’s those that say “F the police”, and those that don’t want them in their neighborhoods, yet you claim they do nothing
Police were assigned to patrol little league sporting events. They willfully failed to show and there was a shooting at one of the games.

Pittsburgh police were supposed to patrol the high profile funeral. Again they admittedly failed to show and six people and a horse were shot in broad daylight outside of a church.

These incidents were a dereliction of duty and border line criminal.

Old 02-25-2023, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Police were assigned to patrol little league sporting events. They willfully failed to show and there was a shooting at one of the games.

Pittsburgh police were supposed to patrol the high profile funeral. Again they admittedly failed to show and six people and a horse were shot in broad daylight outside of a church.

These incidents were a dereliction of duty and border line criminal.
So 2 instances in which in no way proves that police do nothing all day…and since you admitted a shortage, you have no proof that they were doing nothing instead of being there.

Interesting coming from someone that says “F the police”. What’s criminal is the behavior of the losers who perform the shootings. No criminals no need for police, but they just can’t behave themselves.

Old 02-25-2023, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
The mayor is at fault. It started with Peduto and now Gainey. We need a Bloomberg style and fast. I’m not angry at anything except the general population losing freedoms due to a group that is out of control with violence. We all end up paying if the crazies keep it up. You just don’t see it coming. I do. It will affect you more than I in the end.
I highly doubt that you can predict the future. How will it affect me more? It seems to have a tremendous impact on your life considering your post history. I am well aware of the problem and it’s nothing new. I live a certain lifestyle that does not include craziness or anger towards total and complete strangers. I’m living life as well as my family. We are loving and enjoy the city and what it has to offer. We are also street smart and blessed with the spirit of discernment. We are doing just fine. You on the other hand appear to slipping down that slippery mental slope. This mental issue has a negative impact on your quality of life. It’s not healthy for an older man to live with the constant anger and stress. It’s hazardous to your health. The sun is shining outside and it is a beautiful February afternoon. Get out and enjoy it. I sure will.

Old 02-25-2023, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
So 2 instances in which in no way proves that police do nothing all day…and since you admitted a shortage, you have no proof that they were doing nothing instead of being there.

Interesting coming from someone that says “F the police”. What’s criminal is the behavior of the losers who perform the shootings. No criminals no need for police, but they just can’t behave themselves.
I stand by every post that I submit. I stance remains the same for obvious reasons. I do not have a love affair with police. Why should I. They chose the job and are responsible for what they signed up for. I’ve never been an ass kisser. I do not have to like anyone but I pay my way so……

Dereliction of duty is borderline criminal.

Old 02-25-2023, 01:02 PM

Quote:
I stand by every post that I submit. I stance remains the same for obvious reasons. I do not have a love affair with police. Why should I. They chose the job and are responsible for what they signed up for. I’ve never been an ass kisser. I do not have to like anyone but I pay my way so……

Dereliction of duty is borderline criminal.
Of course you do, yet you have no proof to back up your claims, just feelings, as you can’t prove police do nothing all day.

Nobody said you have to have a love affair with them. You simply complain about them and say “F the police”, and want them to do and act when you want them to.

Your feelings don’t equal facts, hence it wasn’t criminal or borderline criminal. The criminals shooting each other are criminal.

Old 02-25-2023, 01:07 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,055,314 times
Quote:
I highly doubt that you can predict the future. How will it affect me more? It seems to have a tremendous impact on your life considering your post history. I am well aware of the problem and it’s nothing new. I live a certain lifestyle that does not include craziness or anger towards total and complete strangers. I’m living life as well as my family. We are loving and enjoy the city and what it has to offer. We are also street smart and blessed with the spirit of discernment. We are doing just fine. You on the other hand appear to slipping down that slippery mental slope. This mental issue has a negative impact on your quality of life. It’s not healthy for an older man to live with the constant anger and stress. It’s hazardous to your health. The sun is shining outside and it is a beautiful February afternoon. Get out and enjoy it. I sure will.
I appreciate you. Enjoy your day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh