Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2022, 06:50 AM

135 posts, read 36,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Nice video. Ukraine's leader could have prevented this war. I look at the war very much like when we invaded Iraq, except Ukraine is right on Russia's boarder and quite a bit of the country has Russians living in it, so we probably won't have as much in common on that issue. I don't condone war however, but can see both sides. The US will of course be fed a view that only sees one side as we are fed a lot of nonsense by the leftist media machine. Look what they did to Rittenhouse. Some people actually thing he is a racist and shot black people. He shot three white men in self defense. Amazing how powerful the media machine is, but look how far Hitler went with his followers. Shame people don't like to think much or question their feeds.
Ugh. Not sure how Ukraine's leader could have prevented this war.

Iraq vs. Ukraine? I dunno. The Iraq War is definitely among the worst foreign policy disasters in American history, although (of course) while we (obviously) do not share a border with Iraq, we've been involved in Middle East policy for a century. Further, despite the stated reason of neutralizing the production of weapons of mass destruction by Iraq, the broader neoconservative purpose of the war was to remove a dictator and establish a (sort of) beachhead for democracy in the region. Swing and a miss, guys.

Further, while you reference the "leftist media machine," and yes, while i sometimes personally cringe at the Leftist warrior flying the Ukrainian flag, there continues to be bipartisan support for these funding efforts, particularly among the decreasing number of Republican foreign policy hawks. Certainly I find most troubling the America-Firster efforts to decry Ukraine war funding in lieu of funding US initiatives. I think I just saw that we approved a defense budget of $850 billion for next year, and our Ukraine funding is a fraction of that. If nothing else, here is a good take on why it is in our national interest to support Ukraine:

https://www.politico.com/news/magazi...raine-00071205
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2022, 09:11 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,973,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burghophilia-03 View Post
If nothing else, here is a good take on why it is in our national interest to support Ukraine
I don't think it is unless you want to move closer to a nuclear war. Ukraine isn't our problem and we don't want to escalate things with Russia. It is best we stay on the sidelines unless you want the possibility of a very large decrease in population on our planet. I believe Putin would do it if he feels the world is against him to such a degree. They want to take over the eastern part of the Ukraine for their energy needs like we put our puppet people in our strategic locations. I wouldn't trust Zelensky for one second. Not one!

I realize this is off topic and I won't continue this debate as it isn't the place on this forum. We can discusss it on the wild forum that is indeed discussing it. I don't go there that often however as it is pretty dumbed down.

Old 12-02-2022, 09:15 AM

Quote:
I don't think it is unless you want to move closer to a nuclear war. Ukraine isn't our problem and we don't want to escalate things with Russia. It is best we stay on the sidelines unless you want the possibility of a very large decrease in population on our planet. I believe Putin would do it if he feels the world is against him to such a degree. They want to take over the eastern part of the Ukraine for their energy needs like we put our puppet people in our strategic locations. I wouldn't trust Zelensky for one second. Not one!

I realize this is off topic and I won't continue this debate as it isn't the place on this forum. We can discusss it on the wild forum that is indeed discussing it. I don't go there that often however as it is pretty dumbed down.
Well, ok, I think we can at least both agree that we are supporting the Swiss today in their World Cup game -- Go Rossocrociati!

Old 12-03-2022, 07:43 AM

Well, on the topic of weather, here's a public service announcement in the event that we actually get some snow this year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzduAlFMcck

Old 12-07-2022, 06:52 AM

987 posts, read 280,032 times
Quote:

You and Reggie are the like guys that walk by and see a child being beaten by a man and think "Well, that's not my problem. I wouldn't want this to escalate into this guy hitting me", so you keep walking and let the child take the beating. You guys are the epitome of soft betas and would rather cower in the corner than be a man. Pathetic, the lot of you.

Old 12-09-2022, 09:08 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,973,648 times
I think we should focus on pollution! It is not good and with that cracker plant. Oh my!!!

Old 12-19-2022, 06:24 AM

1,170 posts, read 536,148 times
pittsburgh and north america seem to be getting colder, not warmer like we've been told

US could face coldest Christmas in YEARS as temperatures drop 'much below normal' and arctic air mass blitzes southern states: Freezing onslaught will bring major snowstorms and holiday travel chaos for millions

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Christmas.html

Old 12-19-2022, 06:33 AM

1,913 posts, read 738,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUILD PENN SQUARE View Post
pittsburgh and north america seem to be getting colder, not warmer like we've been told

US could face coldest Christmas in YEARS as temperatures drop 'much below normal' and arctic air mass blitzes southern states: Freezing onslaught will bring major snowstorms and holiday travel chaos for millions

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Christmas.html
It will be cold, but the day of the storm will be above freezing. I'm betting on the usual wintry mix, but anything can happen with the weather.

Old 12-20-2022, 03:54 PM

1,170 posts, read 536,148 times
seems like it's getting colder, not warmer

Frigid weather could disrupt holiday travel

https://www.post-gazette.com/news/tr...s/202212200102

"Arctic air is expected to descend over the nation later this week, plunging southern states into a freeze and causing temperatures to rapidly drop across various parts of the country including Southwestern Pennsylvania.

The harsh weather threatens to impact the plans of nearly 112.7 million Americans who are expected to travel 50 miles or more from home between Friday and Jan. 2, eager to reclaim their holiday traditions following the COVID-19 pandemic, AAA found. This could be the third busiest year for holiday travel since 2000.

“Definitely through the 25th, all that time period unfortunately when everybody’s out and about, could be hazardous one way or another,” said Shannon Hefferan, a meteorologist with the National Weather Service in Moon."

Old 12-20-2022, 04:32 PM

3,711 posts, read 2,697,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggiezz View Post
It will be cold, but the day of the storm will be above freezing. I'm betting on the usual wintry mix, but anything can happen with the weather.
Please, don't underestimate "the ridges". Because without considering the ridges, with possible frozen fog, black ice and all the other stupid monikers weather doofus newscasters sit around and drum up to scare viewers and keep viewership high, where would the world be ??????? Oh my !!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh