Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 07:06 PM

706 posts, read 1,048,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddesertfox View Post

You are 100% correct regarding the dismal Pittsburgh year round climate.I too have studied and found the
scientific data...but Pittsburgh people,who are forced to stay{huge families{{DAD'S SUCCESSFUL BUSINESS}
what have you......will argue because they must stay...so they will stoop to making up stories about the sunny summers,springs and football sunny weekends.These folks are to be avoided tenfold.
Congratulations reddesertfox! You just made my ignore list! What was that? I can't hear you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2014, 07:41 PM

4,240 posts, read 4,919,051 times
Wahhhhh!

Old 04-22-2014, 08:11 PM

419 posts, read 551,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Whiz View Post
Congratulations reddesertfox! You just made my ignore list! What was that? I can't hear you!
Yes, the off topic maturity on this forum . The scary ignore list . The herd mentality and the cliquey-ness of a bunch of 16 year old high school girls. Quick, report to a moderator because that person's opinion offended me! Funny thing is, they continue to reply to and get all worked up over the same posters they ignore . Rodney King once asked, "Why can't we all get along?" The most important thing is for newcomers and prospective transplants to see all posts and different points of view. That is what they are here for.

Back on topic -- Pittsburgh averages slightly less sunshine hours and annual % of sunshine than Portland, OR and Seattle, WA. Those are the facts backed by the NWS. Interpret that how you want. I'm moving in a few weeks because of that sad fact. Others love it. Others don't mind. Live and let live. Peace and God Bless.

Old 04-22-2014, 10:48 PM

610 posts, read 746,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodjules View Post
I can't stand the hot humid summers, but otherwise I love the weather here. Different strokes...
LOL. Stay out of S. Florida then. When I lived there, I'd have killed for the much cooler/less humid Pittsburgh summer!

Old 04-22-2014, 11:02 PM

12,526 posts, read 17,546,779 times
How's bout them Buccos?

Old 04-23-2014, 08:57 AM

3,291 posts, read 2,773,197 times
funny thread, people who do nothing but whine on an internet forum about the weather, constantly, calling others as teenagers for finally ignoring them. it doesn't get more city-data than that.

Study in Europe eclipses notion home in the sun equals happiness

Last edited by _Buster; 04-23-2014 at 09:48 AM..

Old 04-23-2014, 03:33 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghdude28 View Post
Yes, the off topic maturity on this forum . The scary ignore list . The herd mentality and the cliquey-ness of a bunch of 16 year old high school girls. Quick, report to a moderator because that person's opinion offended me! Funny thing is, they continue to reply to and get all worked up over the same posters they ignore . Rodney King once asked, "Why can't we all get along?" The most important thing is for newcomers and prospective transplants to see all posts and different points of view. That is what they are here for.

Back on topic -- Pittsburgh averages slightly less sunshine hours and annual % of sunshine than Portland, OR and Seattle, WA. Those are the facts backed by the NWS. Interpret that how you want. I'm moving in a few weeks because of that sad fact. Others love it. Others don't mind. Live and let live. Peace and God Bless.
You have a point. It's actually not high school-ish, it's kindergartenish to threaten to report people.

I have nothing to say about Pittsburgh's weather.

Old 04-23-2014, 03:46 PM

12,526 posts, read 17,546,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghdude28 View Post

Good Luck!!!

Old 04-23-2014, 05:45 PM

1,947 posts, read 2,243,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
You have a point. It's actually not high school-ish, it's kindergartenish to threaten to report people.
You threatened to report me last week!!!

Beautiful sunny evening here BTW .... delightful ride home from gym.

Old 04-23-2014, 05:49 PM

3,463 posts, read 4,646,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBonzie View Post
LOL. Stay out of S. Florida then. When I lived there, I'd have killed for the much cooler/less humid Pittsburgh summer!
I would curl up and die there. Many people have told me that Florida's summers make Pittsburgh's seem cool. I have a full length down coat that I wore on SF summer evenings in July. It gets very windy and foggy there. The temperature may be in the 50s-60s, but the wind and fog make it feel much colder. I am a total wimp when it comes to heat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh