Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2013, 11:29 AM

2,094 posts, read 1,925,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post

Horrible huh? Utterly depressing......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2013, 11:59 AM

3,733 posts, read 5,964,681 times
Send in the clouds! There ought to be clouds!

This relentless hot, humid and sunny weather is horrible. I'd prefer a more temperate 75 degrees with no humidity and some puffy white cotton balls in the sky. TODAY reminds me of being in Texas hell, but without all the dust and baked earth.

Old 07-15-2013, 01:14 PM

510 posts, read 905,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghdude28 View Post
At least in Georgia you have lots of sun year round, so a cloudier summer season wouldn't be that bad. However, pittsburgh has months and months of darkness so a cloudier than average summer is very very depressing. It amazes me how sensitive people get on here when other posters have something negative to say about the weather here. They are entitled to their own opinion. If you like it, great. If not, that's okay too! I personally think Pittsburgh has the crappiest, darkest, most depressing climate in America. A real Debbie Downer. I will be out by next summer. It has a sad, pathetic climate. There are many positives about pittsburgh, but sunshine and blue skies aren't one of them. In fact you'll rarely hear Pgh and sunny in the same sentence!
Seriously, do NOT go to the Pacific NW. People will tell you there is the same amount of sunshine here as in Seattle but it really does not feel like it. Summers are fairly sunny up there but you really don't see the sun for six months. I guess here the gloomy days are interspersed with the sunny days, which feel a lot nicer to me.
On a related note, the sun is killing me today! I wish some clouds would move in...

Old 07-15-2013, 02:55 PM

654 posts, read 944,939 times
Why are you people always complaining about cold, cloudy weather? It has been sunny and hot as hell as of late--it sucks just as bad as a summer down south. This weather is awful. When it finally does get cloudy and cold, I'll be in heaven, because I thrive on that kind of weather.

Old 07-15-2013, 06:51 PM

419 posts, read 551,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hip Priest View Post
Why are you people always complaining about cold, cloudy weather? It has been sunny and hot as hell as of late--it sucks just as bad as a summer down south. This weather is awful. When it finally does get cloudy and cold, I'll be in heaven, because I thrive on that kind of weather.
It's gorgeous outside today! Quit complaining . Feels great to feel the rays of the sun. I don't just complain about cold cloudy weather but also warm humid cloudy weather as well. Sorry we needed a break from the clouds. Y'all can complain about the hot sun now but wait til the dismal winter just around the corner. Cold, dark, damp, gray. I'll take sun and humidity any day of the week over that crap!

Old 07-15-2013, 09:09 PM

12,526 posts, read 17,542,794 times
Dang, first day this Summer I had to turn on the AC. But I'm not complainin n'at.

Old 07-15-2013, 09:45 PM

1,947 posts, read 2,243,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveKendall View Post
Seriously, do NOT go to the Pacific NW. People will tell you there is the same amount of sunshine here as in Seattle but it really does not feel like it. Summers are fairly sunny up there but you really don't see the sun for six months. I guess here the gloomy days are interspersed with the sunny days, which feel a lot nicer to me.
On a related note, the sun is killing me today! I wish some clouds would move in...
I agree re: Seattle, and probably Portland, and all bits inbetween. Statistics can be deceiving. And avoid La Nina year summers there - actually, you have to because there isn't one.

Old 07-17-2013, 06:28 PM

419 posts, read 551,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gortonator View Post
I agree re: Seattle, and probably Portland, and all bits inbetween. Statistics can be deceiving. And avoid La Nina year summers there - actually, you have to because there isn't one.
Facts are facts and all you have to do is a google search and find that Pittsburgh has the lowest hours of annual sunshine of just about every single major metro in the U.S. Stats have Portland, OR ranking higher. Sorry to **** on your parade... Facts are facts. There is even evidence Seattle has more clear days than Pgh (71 vs. 59). Summer is the only exception here (although this year isn't great). The rest of the year is heavy duty cloud cover blocking the direct sun. Whether you like it or not is subjective. But to lie and say Seattle is worse goes against facts aka stats!

Old 07-17-2013, 07:56 PM

10,227 posts, read 16,817,249 times
seattle has 201 cloudy days and pittsburgh has 203. seattle has milder winters though.

Old 07-17-2013, 10:55 PM

1,947 posts, read 2,243,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pman View Post
seattle has 201 cloudy days and pittsburgh has 203. seattle has milder winters though.
much milder winters indeed. And much cooler summers, due to being on the coast. It is a very different climate to Pittsburgh. Very different indeed. And here's a report from a La Nina summer recently ... you think Pgh is grey ...

Seattle: Home of the 78-minute summer | Weather Blog | Seattle News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | KOMO News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh