Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Statement: Recreational use of methamphetamines should be legal
Strongly agree 9 7.03%
Agree 5 3.91%
Don't care / Neutral 7 5.47%
Disagree 10 7.81%
Strongly disagree 97 75.78%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 07:08 PM

1,747 posts, read 1,953,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdxer View Post
Should it? Vote in the poll.
WOW.....what a crazy and seriously warped idea!
And this from an affirmed pot head too!

Easy answer: HELL NO!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2010, 07:11 PM

2,095 posts, read 2,581,902 times
I am not saying that we should legalize meth use but maybe we should think about decriminalizing it. Send users to treatment centers instead of jail. We need to figure out a way to take away the profit from selling meth.

Old 06-14-2010, 07:13 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,902,551 times
BUT wait !!! Don't youze guys want skuzzy teeth ? How about 3 psychotic episodes a day ? Or skin that looks like it came from an easy bake oven ? Does anything compare with HOLES in your body from dirty needles ? Where is your sense of adventure ? Don't you like sitting in a dirty house with your hair matted ?

Old 06-14-2010, 07:20 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,755,547 times
Making something legal doesn't dramatically increase its use any more than making it illegal lessens its use. Would yoy use meth if it were legal tomorrow? I think most sane people understand the dangers of various drugs, What purpose is served by sending a meth user to jail?

Old 06-14-2010, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
from what I understand meth is highly addictive, thus taking away the "recreational" description.
Uhh.....you would be correct.

Tweekers are a menace in a lot of ways!

Got a few living down the street and it's really sad and pathetic to see grown ups playing with a remote-controlled car in the street.....ALL DAY....everyday...... and so very late into the night.
Month after month it goes on!
NO end in sight.
Add to it, all the traffic coming and going, that often consists of highly intoxicated individuals who DRIVE wasted to and from their place, I assume to pick up some "go fast" to counteract all the booze they've had?
They appear to NEED that precious fix that helps them grind their teeth to pieces and must make playing with toys and tinkering with things, more enjoyable, as an adult.
Nah.....this is the nastiest drug of 'em all and has NO place being legally available to ANYONE at any age!
The stuff IS crap!

I stick with toking weed exclusively, thank you very much.

Last edited by Sign; 06-14-2010 at 07:30 PM..

Old 06-14-2010, 07:25 PM

2,422 posts, read 2,279,688 times
Quote:
No, meth is a killer and is highly addictive.

Old 06-14-2010, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
I am not saying that we should legalize meth use but maybe we should think about decriminalizing it. Send users to treatment centers instead of jail. We need to figure out a way to take away the profit from selling meth.
OK then.
Send the loser, I mean....the user, off to rehab. for a minimum of a year and a mandatory Death Penalty for anyone caught manufacturing the crap for sale and distribution....just once!
Fair enough, I suppose.

Old 06-14-2010, 07:33 PM

3,360 posts, read 12,270,334 times
Absolutely not! Have you ever been around a speed freak?

At one time diet pills (speed) use to be freely and abundantly available by prescription to housewives. My MIL was on them for years and was hell on wheels: screaming, picking fights, paranoid, degrading people, tantrums, throwing furniture. Believe me you wouldn't have wanted to meet her in dark alley.

Old 06-14-2010, 07:42 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
absolutely not. Pot, I have mixed feelings, but any other drugs NO,NO<No. that is the main reason I have mixed feelings about Pot, what will be next?

Nita

Old 06-14-2010, 07:55 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,003,195 times
Quote:
I was lightly addicted to meth for many years (weekends only). I prided myself on my ability to resist doing it during the workweek while others did so. even so, it gave me some horrible side effects that lasted til the middle of the next week. as I got older, it got harder to use it b/c of its effects. If they should legalize drugs, cocaine would be a much milder drug with much less side effects. Meth can be highly addictive, especially for the sensuality/sexuality that it gives, not to mention the sh**ty after effects.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies