Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Statement: Recreational use of methamphetamines should be legal
Strongly agree 9 7.03%
Agree 5 3.91%
Don't care / Neutral 7 5.47%
Disagree 10 7.81%
Strongly disagree 97 75.78%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 08:46 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,853,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sign View Post
OK then.
Send the loser, I mean....the user, off to rehab. for a minimum of a year and a mandatory Death Penalty for anyone caught manufacturing the crap for sale and distribution....just once!
Fair enough, I suppose.
I have a feeling I know the answer but just want to be sure. (serious question) Why a mandatory death penalty for those to manufacture it for sale and distribution?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2010, 08:53 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,324,078 times
Quote:
Uhh.....you would be correct.

Tweekers are a menace in a lot of ways!

Got a few living down the street and it's really sad and pathetic to see grown ups playing with a remote-controlled car in the street.....ALL DAY....everyday...... and so very late into the night.
Month after month it goes on!
NO end in sight.
Add to it, all the traffic coming and going, that often consists of highly intoxicated individuals who DRIVE wasted to and from their place, I assume to pick up some "go fast" to counteract all the booze they've had?
They appear to NEED that precious fix that helps them grind their teeth to pieces and must make playing with toys and tinkering with things, more enjoyable, as an adult.
Nah.....this is the nastiest drug of 'em all and has NO place being legally available to ANYONE at any age!
The stuff IS crap!

I stick with toking weed exclusively, thank you very much.
Betcha your house is dirty.

Old 06-14-2010, 08:53 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,861,779 times
While Im sure some twit wants to believe meth is recreational;. it isnt. For me legalize and then treat the social / cultural problems. this is a nasty drug and people would all be better off if they did something productive with their time vs that. people will continue to be stupid. that won't change.

Old 06-14-2010, 08:55 PM

1,747 posts, read 1,953,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Betcha your house is dirty.
Yep.
Wanna clean it....for NOTHING?
A tweeker wouldn't mind.......as long as he tweekin.

Old 06-14-2010, 08:56 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,003,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
Haha your silly. I was the one who voted strongly for it, and for your information, I don't even smoke REGULAR cigarettes, I only drink a little at parties (and I don't party much) and by a little I mean a little (2 drinks is the most I have ever had in a night). Now as for the reason I chose the answer I did.

We need to end this war on drugs. It will not be won and more and more money will be spent on it. Our nation is already in debt up to our ears so we don't need anymore. If you look at the statistics online alcohol and cigarettes rank much higher than hard drugs in terms of mortality rate and we all know that those drugs are very addictive when used often (and there are many people who do use them often enough to become addicted). The reason there are so many gangs around is because they are in the midst of their own drug war. If you can take the drugs away from the gangs (by selling it legally, basically over-the-counter [i'll explain this more in my post]) then you can reduce SOME of the violence in this country caused by those gangs that do business selling drugs. You can also tax the living hell out of these things and bring internal revenue to the USA.

People are not going to stop using the hard drugs because they are illegal, and it is my belief that not many people will start using them if they become legal (some people but not many). The reason I believe this is because it is not hard to get drugs now in the first place and I am assuming that those who would do these drugs anyway don't care much about the law saying there illegal. People experiment with weed and psychoactive drugs (acid, lsd, x) even though they are illegal, and are for the most part safe, but very few people in society who aren't already using will pick up on it just because its legal because it is wildly know how dangerous it is (it should be taught in schools also how dangerous the drugs are out there, so it is not left up to the children to be experimenting to find out for themselves. The education won't always work but its a step in the right direction.)

The way you sell the hard drugs is like this. Sell them over the counter (many people will choose to buy drugs like this because the quality would be more consistent and people would not have to worry about it being laced with other things.). In order for someone to buy these hard drugs though they must give their personal information (basically everything that shows up on the drivers license) and must then agree to go for testing every so often to prove to professionals that they are not addicted, and not a danger to society. If they refuse to show up, the law enforcement officials have there address, and will bring them in to rehab. The tax dollars that we would get from these drugs would go to fund more rehab centers, not just for the hard drug people but also for other things so this is how it could be beneficial to society, including taking some business away from gangs and ending this war on drugs that is pushing us deeper and deeper into debt everyday (among other things.). Also for those who choose to respond to my post please do it intelligently and after reading and considering all points I made. I believe I made a good argument and would appricate good arguments in return, if anyone can argue my points that is.
I would agree with you on the part about the gov't stepping in to regulate the taxation and purity of the drugs. much of the fatalities that result from use of X were that the drug is adulterated with other harmful drugs with fatal effects. X in its pure form was developed by a german chenist and used by psychiatrists to treat individuals. so you see it's not so bad of a drug in its pure form. Crystal meth however is one heinous drug. I would not think that one should be legalized. Pot, yeah, coke, yeah, shrooms, yeah. the war on drugs has been fought for over 35 years, with poor results to show for it. God only knows what the despotic countries of mexico and colombia do with the $$ that the US throws at them. Probably goes directly into the Presidents' swiss bank accts.

Old 06-14-2010, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
I have a feeling I know the answer but just want to be sure. (serious question) Why a mandatory death penalty for those to manufacture it for sale and distribution?
Why not?
Cleans out the gene pool of LOSERS at a much lower cost than lengthy or repetitive incarceration of 'em.
NOT needed.
Capiche'?

Old 06-14-2010, 09:01 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,324,078 times
Quote:
Yep.
Wanna clean it....for NOTHING?
A tweeker wouldn't mind.......as long as he tweekin.
Meth is a work drug.

For a thorough, thorough, cleaning, drop meth.

And then mow the lawn and rake every cut blade, and then change the oil on your car and polish each spark plug, and then wash and wax including the oil pan, transmission, brake lines, valve covers, mufflers, and dig the stones out of the tire treads.

After that . .

Last edited by ergohead; 06-14-2010 at 09:11 PM..

Old 06-14-2010, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Why not?
Cleans out the gene pool of LOSERS at a much lower cost than lengthy or repetitive incarceration of 'em.
NOT needed.
Capiche'?
Define Losers. (I may seem quite redundant, but I might be getting at something here.)

Old 06-14-2010, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
I would agree with you on the part about the gov't stepping in to regulate the taxation and purity of the drugs. much of the fatalities that result from use of X were that the drug is adulterated with other harmful drugs with fatal effects. X in its pure form was developed by a german chenist and used by psychiatrists to treat individuals. so you see it's not so bad of a drug in its pure form. Crystal meth however is one heinous drug. I would not think that one should be legalized. Pot, yeah, coke, yeah, shrooms, yeah. the war on drugs has been fought for over 35 years, with poor results to show for it. God only knows what the despotic countries of mexico and colombia do with the $$ that the US throws at them. Probably goes directly into the Presidents' swiss bank accts.
I basically feel the same as you.
YES....the "War" on Drugs is a JOKE and desperately needs a thorough reform itself!
Most of it NEEDS to completely end and I agree that the only way to do so.....IS through some form of completely LEGAL means of obtaining various drugs, but this does not change the fact that certain drugs have NO recreational place in society since they are so addictive and detrimental in so many different ways.
"Something" needs to change though, as the status quo and approach these lawmakers have taken for 35 years.....has NEVER worked and only fueled rampant corruption to the highest level.
Nixon was an idiot for initiating this whole mess and Reagan really ramped it up into high gear.
Clinton (who never inhaled, ya know), had NO problem continuing to arrest an avg. of 750,000 Americans each year HE was in office, for simple marijuana possession.
BO....plan to END this long lost "war" too?
NO WAY, Jose!
Proof to me......that BOTH parties have profitted handsomely and would like to continue doing so, from the WoD and they are equally corrupt for their part in it.

Old 06-14-2010, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Good post. I can't tell though if you were agree or disagreeing with my post though. You did say that it should not be legalized though so I should assume that is you disagree with my post? If so, why do you support pot and coke and alcohol but not meth. I'm not saying anyone should be doing any but because it is going to happen either way, we should take it out of the criminal's hands as much as possible (see the edit of my post), and stop spending so much on a drug war we can't win. Instead put that money towards better things including rehab and other things. I believe meth is one of the worst things out there, BUT we are not stopping its use or circulation by making it illegal. IF we did make it legal though, there would be many positive outcomes from it, and not all that many negative besides the ones that already exist (as stated in the post you quoted from me).

Edit: Again this is why I stress education so much, people need to know (if meth is legalized) how addictive of a drug it is. There will be those who use it, there already are and it is illegal, but if we can inform people, I doubt that with how taboo of a drug it is now many people are going to go around experimenting with it. The people who are going to do things like that, already are, because they don't have the best mind on there shoulders, they don't care if its legal or not. Thats why (with education) I don't see an increase in the number of people using the drug.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies