Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 07:45 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times

Advertisements

For example..if I only wanted hospital coverage and got that then I am not in a "qualified" plan.
The "qualified" plans MUST offer certain services, those services defined by the government.

Hospital only coverage doesn't do that. That I choose to do the routine doctor care by cash and only have catastrophic coverage (hospital and major illness) means I don't have coverage the government mandates. THAT is wrong. Offer it but don't mandate it.

Qualified Health Benefit Plan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2010, 07:47 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,442,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
"The government will decide what companies are allowed in the exchange and I can only chose from that exchange. If that is not the government telling me what type of health care is acceptable I don't know what is."

CyberQueen, see page 1 of the thread.

The language you're talking about has to do with far-fringe, scam-type outfits that no one would buy from. It protects you, or rather people who might otherwise consider buying from such places. I dont want to have to go look at that thing again but you can find the language.

If that is the case then fine with me. I get cross eyed trying to read the damn bill, lol.

I am really not against health insurance reform, I do think we need it. I just get concerned anytime I see the government taking over something so completely. I was just having this conversation with Katiana on another thread and as I told her I really don't have the answers but to be honest don't trust the government to be able to run anything. Let's face it they are horrible at it but we as a nation are damned if we do and damned if we don't. We will drown in costs either way.

Old 06-24-2010, 07:47 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,168,101 times
"Right now I have Cigna and I like Cigna, so if Cigna does not do everything the government says they can not be in the exchange and I can not chose them. That is WRONG. The government should not make that choice FOR me."

This is incorrect!!!! Please keep reading the document.

edit - ok, cross-eyed and not so painless I'll go open it up and look later for the language... later.

but Im really dismayed as to the misinformation folks have collected. That's why I was asking summer,s where did you hear this stuff? I just wish people would look at the original information and THEN the propaganda.

okay, I'll look later.

Old 06-24-2010, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
For example..if I only wanted hospital coverage and got that then I am not in a "qualified" plan.
The "qualified" plans MUST offer certain services, those services defined by the government.

Hospital only coverage doesn't do that. That I choose to do the routine doctor care by cash and only have catastrophic coverage (hospital and major illness) means I don't have coverage the government mandates. THAT is wrong. Offer it but don't mandate it.

Qualified Health Benefit Plan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is what I was trying to find. What actually IS a qualified plan. I was not able to locate the information. If this is correct then I have a huge issue with this exchange.

Old 06-24-2010, 07:49 AM

2,847 posts, read 2,519,352 times
Quote:
Freedom to pay 100% out of pocket? Plus the freedom to pay the annual fee for this freedom? Sounds like a fair deal to me
its a better deal to have the choice rather than have something shoved down your throat because the a'holes in DC knows whats best for all of us

cigna is wonderful
http://amplicate.com/sucks/cigna?page=2

Old 06-24-2010, 07:50 AM

Quote:
"Right now I have Cigna and I like Cigna, so if Cigna does not do everything the government says they can not be in the exchange and I can not chose them. That is WRONG. The government should not make that choice FOR me."

This is incorrect!!!! Please keep reading the document.
I know I can chose them but in the eyes of the government I won't be covered and would have to pay the fine.

Old 06-24-2010, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliveandwellinSA View Post
its a better deal to have the choice rather than have something shoved down your throat because the a'holes in DC knows whats best for all of us
You still have to pay the fee; your insurance provider is NOT chosen for you by the government.

Last edited by delusianne; 06-24-2010 at 08:03 AM.. Reason: removed snippy remark

Old 06-24-2010, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
I know I can chose them but in the eyes of the government I won't be covered and would have to pay the fine.
but you wouldnt choose them. they're shady, fringe-y operations. I'll go find the exact language later but my impression is they're to legit ins companies as loan sharks are to banks.

Old 06-24-2010, 07:53 AM

2,847 posts, read 2,519,352 times
Quote:
You still have to pay the fee; your insurance provider is NOT chosen for you by the government.

CQ this is what Im talking about
everyone is stupid but you?

Old 06-24-2010, 07:57 AM

Quote:
but you wouldnt choose them. they're shady, fringe-y operations. I'll go find the exact language later but my impression is they're to legit ins companies as loan sharks are to banks.
LOL not laughing at you. Love your analogy, loan shark. LOL Love it.

Ok if you can find the exact qualification I am open minded enough to listen. Yes I did say open minded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies