Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 06:19 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
What's really ridiculous is that some equipment (booms and certain skimmers) doesn't even need to come in on foreign vessels. We could have flown in the equipment and used it on our boats with our own manpower. Obama still didn't accept. I can't possibly understand the reasoning.
And we'll never really be told why the WH waited so long before accepting foreign aid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2010, 06:20 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I can only assume the disaster is of sufficient crisis to allow him to ram thru his agenda now. What a total putz.
Yes, sadly it will start in July. The upping of the liability will be rolled into Cap&Trade and come out as one comprehensive bill which includes a carbon tax.

Senators Remain at Odds over Energy Bill After Meeting with Obama - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Old 06-29-2010, 06:21 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,097,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
And we'll never really be told why the WH waited so long before accepting foreign aid.
They have already told you.

Old 06-29-2010, 06:23 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,097,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
70 days.

Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill: International Offers of Assistance

Seeing Green » Blog Archive » LeMieux’s wish granted: US officials lift domestic skimmer restrictions - after two weeks (http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/seeinggreen/2010/06/29/lemieuxs-wish-granted-us-officials-lift-domestic-skimmer-restrictions-after-two-weeks/ - broken link)

Avertible catastrophe (http://www.financialpost.com/Avertible+catastrophe/3203808/story.html - broken link)

Truly incredible and criminal.
BZZZZZZ. The Netherlands, responded w/ a we can RENT you our boats AND PERSONNEL, at an inflated cost. Not a free offer of help.

Falsehoods and hyperbole...indeed criminal.

Old 06-29-2010, 06:24 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,830,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
Ahem...Obama has been accepting help for quite awhile now. Just because someone tells you a story, doesn't mean it's the truth. You have to trust but verify....now where have I heard that before?
Some people just take their time... yesterday I learned that Gov Brewer finally managed to finish reading the warning sign posted along AZ-Mexico border, one that had been there for four years.

Old 06-29-2010, 06:29 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,570,903 times
Quote:
BZZZZZZ. The Netherlands, responded w/ a we can RENT you our boats AND PERSONNEL, at an inflated cost. Not a free offer of help.

Falsehoods and hyperbole...indeed criminal.
All of the "offers" of help are at a cost as referenced in the OP link:

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/143488.pdf (broken link)

Old 06-29-2010, 06:40 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,065,829 times
Quote:
Ahem...Obama has been accepting help for quite awhile now. Just because someone tells you a story, doesn't mean it's the truth. You have to trust but verify....now where have I heard that before?

Help was offered and accepted from a few countries as early as 30 Apr. Most of the "offers" have been for rental of equipment and personnel. Those are the one's mainly under consideration, or they involve assets that are not approved for use in our waters.

Don't believe the hype...the truth shall set you free. And sad, that it's taken 70 days for you to see it.

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/143488.pdf (broken link)

Your apologies, can be sent directly by prayer to "Lord Barrack" as you spell it.
Hey buddy, read you own link.

Of the 72+ specific offers shown only 7 have been accepted. The others are all either under consideration or declined. That's the truth, according to your link.

I don't really care if the offers are for rental or lease of equipment....WE NEED ALL THE HELP WE CAN GET. I don't care that some of it isn't approved by our EPA, this isn't the time to be squabbling over regulations. If an oil skimmer can clean the water 85% isn't that better than nothing? For goodness sake....there are fisherman out on boats desperately trying to suck up oil with garage SHOP-VACS while other countries have skimmers that will handle millions of barrels a day but we wouldn't use them. That's IDIOTIC. Screw the regulations....it makes no sense in this type of situation.

Old 06-29-2010, 06:41 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,191,559 times
Odd, no one mentioned this before.

Old 06-29-2010, 06:43 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,078,382 times
And people wonder what I'm talking about when I say "slander"....

Old 06-29-2010, 06:43 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,830,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
Hey buddy, read you own link.

Of the 72+ specific offers shown only 7 have been accepted. The others are all either under consideration or declined. That's the truth, according to your link.

I don't really care if the offers are for rental or lease of equipment....WE NEED ALL THE HELP WE CAN GET. I don't care that some of it isn't approved by our EPA, this isn't the time to be squabbling over regulations. If an oil skimmer can clean the water 85% isn't that better than nothing? Screw the regulations....it makes no sense in this type of situation.
So, you're admitting the trollish nature of the title of the thread, since help has been sought well before hitting day 70. Arguing whether 7 or 72 help shouldn't change that fact.

BTW, could you google when the US Coast Guard sent a formal request to the Dutch, asking for help? Let me know what you find.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies