Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 11:30 AM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I don't care the reaons spare me please. It is a slap in the face to those who have lost loved ones on that fateful day. Are we becoming a Country that is negative to all that is American. This is how it seems now a days, and this thinking must stop.
Not every person who lost loved ones this day feels it is a slap in the face, and unless one fits into that category, one has no business deigning to speak for them.

And freedom of religion IS American. I believe that thinking otherwise is what must stop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2010, 11:36 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
They did have a large group show up at the Burlington Coat Factory to protest in early June. Showed their true intelligence, too, when two Egyptian Coptic Christians who had flown in from California to join the protest had to be rescued by police from the crowd who saw that they were Arab and told them to get out because "we don't want you here."
I remember reading about that. The two Egyptian men kept protesting to the crowd, "We're Americans, we're Christians!", didn't they? But the crowd had become a mob by then, and so was beyond reason. It was a good thing the police were able to intervene.

Old 07-09-2010, 11:38 AM

2,318 posts, read 1,895,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
What was the point in starting yet another thread about this proposed mosque...unless you just wanted an excuse to rant and rave against people you don't particularly care for. And in case I'm on that list too (oh hell, I forgot...I'm Jewish. You probably won't want me in 'your nation' either!) I just wanted you to know that I'm standing right next to filihok. That brings down the odds some. You and your pappy, and the two of us.

Pappy 's never online, he's not into politics at all , I just do it to vent anymore, I use to be more involved .

We have plenty of 'you' in 'my' nation not all jews are liberal though .

I have an opinion ,if you don't like it don't read my post .

Old 07-09-2010, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
Here is one NY who thinks this plan sucks....it is an insult to the victims and their families...becuase obviously this is being done by these extremists to humiliate us..and by the way... I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the FDNY to arrive..if by chance there happens to be let say a fire there......I'm just sayin'

I just hope NTC wakes up their memory to how good ' some ' of these people can hide their radicalism , like the ones who lived here amoung us and planned 911 .

Old 07-09-2010, 11:46 AM

Quote:
I don't think Americans get to decide what kinds of religious edifices to build in the KSA, just as Saudis don't get to decide what kinds of religious edifices to build here, so I don't see how your statement is relevant at all.

However, people in the United States get to practice their religion in freedom, and part of that is that they can build religious structures, providing, of course, that they meet building codes and abide by related laws.

But back to your question--I really don't care. The Muslim congregation already meets at that location, and the building looks like crap--it's a former coat factory that was damaged on 9/11. The new mosque/community center will look a lot nicer.

Oh yeah--and your twisting of the information tells a lot about your agenda here. It's not "at the 9/11 site", but a couple of blocks north.

What does your reply tell about you ?

I didn't twist anything. this is PART of 911, it was damaged too .

Old 07-09-2010, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Three.

What about all the rants from the racial threads here ? Did you count them too , because when I put one up about uniting it was ridicued by most .

Most new commers are on wefare and have lots of time to online here and push agendas . The others are at work giving them the previlegde .

Tell me one nation where muslism rule that is better off than before they ' peacefully ' invaded it . Just one !

I'm sure their are good muslims, but sadly they don't make the rules .

Old 07-09-2010, 11:54 AM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy&Me View Post
What does your reply tell about you ?

I didn't twist anything. this is PART of 911, it was damaged too .
Fair enough, you did not specify where the mosque/community center is located.

I've seen, however, too many posts that claim the mosque is being erected at "Ground Zero", meaning the 16-acre World Trade Center site, and I know that some people actually believe that to be true.

Between those people and the ones who think that nothing is being built at the site and/or don't bother to find out, I feel obligated to educate!

Old 07-09-2010, 12:00 PM

15,865 posts, read 21,441,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I don't care the reaons spare me please. It is a slap in the face to those who have lost loved ones on that fateful day. Are we becoming a Country that is negative to all that is American. This is how it seems now a days, and this thinking must stop.
I lost loved ones on that day. Did you? Your attitude (and that of Pappy&Me and a few others) is much more of a slap in the face.

Why are you so negative about Muslim Americans?

Old 07-09-2010, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
I work with the FDNY on matters here and I will tell you that there is a large group who are not happy about this...so wise up...nobody wants to prevent people from practicing whatever religion they want..but this is clearly symbolic and will not happen...I will guarantee it...

THANK YOU ! I'm in the south and I called and ask if there was anythign we could do to help . I knew money was being collected by the 'RED 'cross but wanted to make sure police and fire got it . Liz Dole at Red Cross was making over a million a yr. at the time so I didn't trust it .

We all felt terrible for this as well as our sailors USS Cole , Daniel Pearl , and millions world wide who suffer at the hands of 'radical 'islam.

I hear theres a militant camp close to NYC , Islamburg some pictures show a school bus full of bullet holes where they practice , don't know if there'r real though .

Old 07-09-2010, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Fair enough, you did not specify where the mosque/community center is located.

I've seen, however, too many posts that claim the mosque is being erected at "Ground Zero", meaning the 16-acre World Trade Center site, and I know that some people actually believe that to be true.

Between those people and the ones who think that nothing is being built at the site and/or don't bother to find out, I feel obligated to educate!

I'm not sure I believe your a jew .

What about the other memorial they wanted to put there ? The one in shape of cresceny moon pointing to mecca ? What about the travasty they have at the flight 93 site now ?

I see you totally ignored all the other places they have placed their memorials at sacred sites .

If you are a jew your almost restricted from the Temple Mount now . Your appeasing hasn't worked in Israel and never will .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies