Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 04:02 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,614,054 times

Advertisements

The military's survey of active members on the effects of repealing "don't ask, don't tell" reveals biases

The Pentagon is surveying 400,000 active troops on how they would handle a potential repeal of "don't ask, don't tell." It is kind of a mess.

Pentagon asks troops how gross it would be to shower with a gay person - War Room - Salon.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2010, 04:09 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,896,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
The military's survey of active members on the effects of repealing "don't ask, don't tell" reveals biases

The Pentagon is surveying 400,000 active troops on how they would handle a potential repeal of "don't ask, don't tell." It is kind of a mess.

Pentagon asks troops how gross it would be to shower with a gay person - War Room - Salon.com

Ask a woman how she would like to shower with a barrack full of men . Or ask a man ow he would like to shower with one full of women ? Same exact thing .

Old 07-09-2010, 04:14 PM

2,847 posts, read 2,518,860 times
but the results of the survey will not be released, Pentagon says

Old 07-09-2010, 04:25 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,678,403 times
When the races were integrated in the military, did they ask white soldiers how gross it would be to shower with blacks?

What a shame that they're dragging this out like this. The leaders (Congress, the Pentagon, the President, etc.) should just make up their minds and put the new rules in place.

Old 07-09-2010, 04:25 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,290,027 times
You know, if there are gay guys in the military, they're already showering with them.

For the most part, there is private showering in the military.
They got rid of gang latrines years ago.

Old 07-09-2010, 04:26 PM

37,138 posts, read 42,228,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy&Me View Post
Ask a woman how she would like to shower with a barrack full of men . Or ask a man ow he would like to shower with one full of women ? Same exact thing .
I disagree.

Old 07-09-2010, 04:35 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,312,478 times
Who would want to shower with someone of the same sex knowing they are fantasizing about having sex with you while you are standing there.

Talk about being a sick situation.

I sure would not want to be in a shower full of women and one goofball among us has a chemical problem in their brain and craves having sex with someone of the same sex.

Time to go puke now.

I think they need to release the poll because I am sure the majority of the men or women would fell very uncomfortable knowing a sick person could be standing there starring at you.

Old 07-09-2010, 04:41 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,635,477 times
Why are these guys so arrogant to think that every gay man wants to have sex with them? I mean, I don't walk around fantasizing about having sex with every guy I see....

I've showered around lesbians at the gym and during camping trips...no big.

Old 07-09-2010, 04:42 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,635,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Who would want to shower with someone of the same sex knowing they are fantasizing about having sex with you while you are standing there.

I sure would not want to be in a shower full of women and one goofball among us has a chemical problem in their brain and craves having sex with someone of the same sex.

Time to go puke now.

I think they need to release the poll because I am sure the majority of the men or women would fell very uncomfortable knowing a sick person could be standing there starring at you.
Do you go to the gym? If so, you've probably changed and/or showered in the vicinity of lesbians. Unless, of course, you're one of those scaredy cats who hides in the bathroom stalls when they change

Old 07-09-2010, 04:44 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,433,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post

Time to go puke now.

I see it's homophobia time from the board's self proclaimed "Libertarian" lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies