Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 01:52 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,202,785 times

Advertisements

Hey wait I thought gay men looked like straight men. What are they worried that gay men will be wearing pink feather boas or leather caps?

If not it's same same if you're not grossed out by straight man then why would be by gay men?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2010, 01:53 PM

37,138 posts, read 42,234,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
Is he a retired veteran? Can you ask him if he was "legally" allowed to take showers with the women?
Gay men are not women. Lesbians are not men. See? You learned something today!

Old 07-10-2010, 01:56 PM

531 posts, read 338,368 times
But if it makes the straight men feel uncomftorable does that mean nothing?

Old 07-10-2010, 01:59 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,292,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
Many gay posters here ridicule anyone with concerns about housing in the military.

The top man of the Marines stated he is willing to adfopt Obama's new plan allowing open gays to serve in the military.

He stated he will ask for a lot of money to re-do Marine living quarters as he will not assign an open gay to a 3 man living quarters.

He stated revamping ----living quarters--is an issue that has to be addressed and funded .
If DADT is repealed, he'll follow the law, get whatever money he requested in the appropriate appropriation and if it's MILCON, then he'll wait the 5 years to get funds just like everyone else.

Guess what, he's not the boss.

Old 07-10-2010, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blewcas View Post
Why do straight men get called ignorant for everything? Would woman get called ignorant for saying they don't wanna shower with straight men? If it makes people feel uncomftorable isn't that all that matters?
Ummmm, there's a basic difference between men and women.

Quote:
How much stuff is done to make sure woman don't feel unfomtorable around men. They make womans only gyms, stores so woman feel liek there not being judged and looked at. Don't straight men deserve that same respect? Don't most woman assume every man want's to have sex with them?
You need to get out more.

Neither I nor my friends assume that every man wants to have sex with us.
Makes me think that you're indiscriminate in who you have sex with; or would if you could.

When I was in the military and spent time at my boyfriend's barracks, I showered in the morning with guys.
I didn't care, they didn't care.
They had gang showers then, but that was 35 years ago.

Old 07-10-2010, 02:00 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,938,929 times
Quote:
But if it makes the straight men feel uncomftorable does that mean nothing?
Do they have reason to fell uncomfortable? That is the issue.

If I'm afraid of something that poses no threat to me, should I avoid that something or should I learn and educate myself that there is nothing to fear?

Old 07-10-2010, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Ummmm, there's a basic difference between men and women.
I bet you most men have no problem showering with woman, but woman wouldn't like that and i understand. Straight men don't wanna shower with gay men and we are ignorant?

Old 07-10-2010, 02:05 PM

Quote:
I bet you most men have no problem showering with woman, but woman wouldn't like that and i understand. Straight men don't wanna shower with gay men and we are ignorant?
I can only address you and yes, ignorance comes to mind; so does fear. Unfounded fear is probably the better wording.
I don't care who I shower with, but then again, I'm comfortable in my own sexuality.
Do you really think that you're so hot that no one would be able to keep their hands off of you? Really?

Old 07-10-2010, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I can only address you and yes, ignorance comes to mind; so does fear. Unfounded fear is probably the better wording.
I don't care who I shower with, but then again, I'm comfortable in my own sexuality.
Do you really think that you're so hot that no one would be able to keep their hands off of you? Really?
Why are you attaching me personally you don't know me. Im very comftorable with my sexuality i'm a massage therapist and have some male clients. You claimed that most girls don't think most guys are interested them and that is just not true. They would be right by the way lol. Most girls i know would not wanna just casually jump in the shower with me. Maybe im just ugly. I think many straight men don't feel comftorable showering with gay men. Who cares about the reason behind it. Women have plus sized stored so there not being "judged". Do you think men are judging woman by what size pants there buying?

Old 07-10-2010, 02:19 PM

What makes me ignorant what ignorant statement have I made?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies