Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 02:23 AM

15,586 posts, read 27,632,311 times

Advertisements

Like talking to a wall I swear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2010, 02:27 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,292,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
Like talking to a wall I swear.
No, we're just not accepting your ignorance without comment.
Emotional diatribes and anecdotal comments do not equal anything but emotional diatribes and anecdotal comments.

Old 07-10-2010, 02:32 AM

15,586 posts, read 27,632,311 times
It is scary that people that lived in the shadows for hundreds of years have to keep others of the same ilk in the shadows for political gain and to save face. Suppressing people who were victimized to advance their sexual orientation agenda. Sad. Very sad.

Some of you people have a lot more in common with the catholic church than you realize.

Old 07-10-2010, 02:55 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,681,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
It is scary that people that lived in the shadows for hundreds of years have to keep others of the same ilk in the shadows for political gain and to save face. Suppressing people who were victimized to advance their sexual orientation agenda. Sad. Very sad.

Some of you people have a lot more in common with the catholic church than you realize.
I sure wish I knew what you were talking about. I wonder if anyone else does. Maybe they can translate it.

Old 07-10-2010, 03:06 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,292,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I sure wish I knew what you were talking about. I wonder if anyone else does. Maybe they can translate it.
Made no sense to me, either. Looks like we're working on a consensus.

Old 07-10-2010, 03:18 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,391,094 times
Avenger, I see what you're saying, but what you're talking about is reactive and pathological. The other is just how the person is born. There is a big difference.

Old 07-10-2010, 06:37 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,198,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
I would agree with the analogy provided that it is understood that the homosexual person would be the minority within each group, i.e. the woman among the group of men or the man among the group of women, and, therefore, it is that individual who is at risk.

Heterosexual individuals have nothing to fear - all of the homosexuals I know can control themselves. The homophobes, in particular, need only fear what is in their minds.

same old,same old-----all of the homosexuals I know can control themselves--

I could say the same for straight males that I know.

But the military would be be fools to have unisex barraks, bathrooms, and showers.

Old 07-10-2010, 06:57 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,754,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
When the races were integrated in the military, did they ask white soldiers how gross it would be to shower with blacks?

What a shame that they're dragging this out like this. The leaders (Congress, the Pentagon, the President, etc.) should just make up their minds and put the new rules in place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Now that's certainly an ad hominom argument.
The two are seperate and distinct subjects.
No, they are not. But let me rephrase it for you: Since when does the military (any branch, much less the Pentagon) consult the grunts regarding ANY change of policy?

Old 07-10-2010, 07:06 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,754,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UntamedOhioan View Post
Did they ever get asked how they would feel about sleeping in the same room as a black person?

Not that I don't respect our troops but... they're troops! The entire point of the military is conformity & following your officer's orders, which lends itself to the whole "war" aspect of it. If the several thousand gay troops there are allowed to be open about their sexuality now, the straight ones will deal with it somehow- I highly doubt people who volunteer to be there will let the gays joining stop them and if they do then they must not have wanted to serve their country that bad.

"I can deal with the idea of suicide bombers, scorching deserts, being thousands of miles away from my family & friends, having no privacy, wearing hot fatigues, the constant concern of being bombed, the worry of never seeing my wife & kids again... but taking a shower with a gay guy HELL NO LET ME OUT OF HERE"

Seriously, if anything, the people who think that all young men are homophobic morons are the ones who are disrespecting our troops by labeling them as too stupid to be tolerant of those they disagree with. Actually, some of the most mature, worldly, and intelligent guys I know are or have been in our nation's military. And if they aren't like that when they get in, they almost always are when their tour of duty is over.

Race in and of itself has nothing to do with sexuality, but the point of comparison is the idea of that "other". Blacks were shunned by society and stereotyped much like gays are (though probably will be 'were' by the end of this decade). Only a very ignorant person wouldn't see the comparison there.

At one time blacks weren't allowed in the army. They were eventually allowed in and people resisted with such things as "now i'll have to lock my stuff up so them******* won't steal nothin', ya'll!"
Now, gays aren't allowed in the army for such reasons as "I don't want no *****s looking at my ass while I shower."

It would be very obvious that the woman was there but not so obvious that the gay guy was there. And yet again there are such things as shower curtains- very few places other than prisons have communal showers.

I mean honestly, do you really think that Adam Lambert look-alikes join the army? Uh, no. The types of gays who join the army could probably eat Adam for breakfast. Just trust me on this one.
Can't rep you for this. (have to 'spread it around') So I'll give you some of these.

Old 07-10-2010, 07:09 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,763,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy&Me View Post
Ask a woman how she would like to shower with a barrack full of men . Or ask a man ow he would like to shower with one full of women ? Same exact thing .
Or ask a man if he would like to shower with a 350 lb SheMale ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies