Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 07:51 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,678,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Being blavck and being gay have nothing to do with each other. Will the gay community ever stop USING blacks to further their agenda? A man having to shower with a gay male would be like a woman having to shower with men.
Sorry, but there are some parallels that can be drawn between blacks and gays when we talk about the fight for civil rights and equality. No, it's not exactly the same, but there are some similarities. You might not agree with the comparisons, but people do have a right to say whatever they want in this country - lest you forget.

And regarding showers, my understanding is that communal showers are not the norm in the military. Most people in the military shower in a private stall.

Last edited by AnUnidentifiedMale; 07-09-2010 at 08:00 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2010, 07:52 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,380,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Who would want to shower with someone of the same sex knowing they are fantasizing about having sex with you while you are standing there.

Talk about being a sick situation.

I sure would not want to be in a shower full of women and one goofball among us has a chemical problem in their brain and craves having sex with someone of the same sex.

Time to go puke now.

I think they need to release the poll because I am sure the majority of the men or women would fell very uncomfortable knowing a sick person could be standing there starring at you.
OMG you need your own stand up comedy show you would be famous

On a serious note what makes anyone think that just because a person is gay they're going to attracted to you? Do you think every person of the opposite sex you meet is attracted to you?

Old 07-09-2010, 08:07 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,877,697 times
I have to agree its full of problems once it si know who is who. The military is not exactly people who don't react.i see alot fo reproting of advaces ;jsutified or not coming.

Old 07-09-2010, 08:10 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,197,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I don't need to be an expert, although I have taken classes in human sexuality. I trust the real experts, like the American Psychological Association, the American Medical Association, etc. Who's your source? World Net Daily? Ted Haggard?

I put my faith in researchers who study this issue for a living and have published peer-reviewed articles and data on the subject - not the loons on an anonymous message board.
I read the post you replied to, LSD ya think?

Old 07-09-2010, 08:19 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,139,099 times
I did 9 years in the Navy serving on Subs. Got out in 07. I would not want to shower with a guy I whom I knew was gay. Sorry. Would I have a problem working with someone gay? No. But if men and women are separated in some cases like showers, then straight men and gay men should not have to shower together. Its that simple.

Old 07-09-2010, 08:25 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,139,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
I did 9 years in the Navy serving on Subs. Got out in 07. I would not want to shower with a guy I whom I knew was gay. Sorry. Would I have a problem working with someone gay? No. But if men and women are separated in some cases like showers, then straight men and gay men should not have to shower together. Its that simple.
That being said, while sometimes there are situations like in boot camp where your in a wide open shower area for multiple people, generally, you dont share a shower with someone else at the same time.

In the cases you do, then it shouldnt happen. And for those that are gay, theyd better watch themselves thats for sure. In the main enlisted Head on an attack sub, the last closed stall is directly across from one of the showers. Just feet away. We once had this guy who showed a pattern of going into the last stall during times a guy would take a shower. People started noticing how it looked like he would peep through the cracks of the stall when the guy would open the shower door to get out. Finally some people caught on. Well eventually, the dude did it again to the wrong guy and the guy kicked in the stall door and beat up the dude pretty good.

So just some advice. Youre going out to see for weeks and months at a time. But you better be able to keep your eyes to yourself, especially if you are openly gay. Some people wont handle it too well.

Old 07-09-2010, 08:27 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,678,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
I read the post you replied to, LSD ya think?
I was thinking more along the lines of inhalant abuse - I'm guessing spray paint.

Old 07-09-2010, 08:45 PM

1,461 posts, read 1,529,715 times
You know, looking over the history of the US Navy, many officers argued against getting rid of flogging. There were objections to women in the military. It is a conservative institution, but when it starts to accept felons and people who can't even graduate high school and drums out people with exception backgrounds and skills such as the purge during the Bush administration of translators, the fear and homophobia are hurting the nation. The military will endure, survive and thrive as it welcomes gay men and women to openly serve their nation.

Again to quote Mr. Conservative, Barry Goldwater:
"The conservative movement, to which I subscribe, has as one of its basic tenets the belief that government should stay out of people's private lives. Government governs best when it governs least - and stays out of the impossible task of legislating morality. But legislating someone's version of morality is exactly what we do by perpetuating discrimination against gays. When you get down to it, no American able to serve should be allowed, much less given an excuse, not to serve his or her country. We need all our talent."

Old 07-09-2010, 08:51 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,217,763 times
Quote:
Pentagon asks troops how gross it would be to shower with a gay person
Really? What kind of a response do they really expect? Why not shove a dagger into a GI's head and ask him if it feels ***** <that's the Q word>? As in odd or strange?

As I understand most GI's hit the shower with the intent to wash off the muck. Off of themselves, not their buddies. Well, excepting those who like to hang around and check out the scenery.

Let's try some conjecture... what kind of response can I get? If the doc cuts yer balls off would you feel like a woman?

Bejeezies...

Last edited by Willsson; 07-09-2010 at 09:13 PM..

Old 07-09-2010, 08:54 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,903,410 times
the pentagoons are desperate for more cannon fodder. Plain and simple....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies