Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 08:46 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,754,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blewcas View Post
But if it makes the straight men feel uncomftorable does that mean nothing?
The point being that's it's not something that any man, gay straight or otherwise, should 'feel uncomfortable' about!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2010, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
Many gay posters here ridicule anyone with concerns about housing in the military.

The top man of the Marines stated he is willing to adfopt Obama's new plan allowing open gays to serve in the military.

He stated he will ask for a lot of money to re-do Marine living quarters as he will not assign an open gay to a 3 man living quarters.

He stated revamping ----living quarters--is an issue that has to be addressed and funded .
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
If DADT is repealed, he'll follow the law, get whatever money he requested in the appropriate appropriation and if it's MILCON, then he'll wait the 5 years to get funds just like everyone else.

Guess what, he's not the boss.
I was wondering just what the man is so worried about? Does he think one gay man bunked with two straight men would 'turn the straight men gay'?

Old 07-11-2010, 08:55 AM

1,138 posts, read 3,349,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
When the races were integrated in the military, did they ask white soldiers how gross it would be to shower with blacks?

What a shame that they're dragging this out like this. The leaders (Congress, the Pentagon, the President, etc.) should just make up their minds and put the new rules in place.
OMG are you liberal or what? Make it racial, and ignore the common senses of the majority!

Old 07-11-2010, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Why are you attaching me personally you don't know me. Im very comftorable with my sexuality i'm a massage therapist and have some male clients. You claimed that most girls don't think most guys are interested them and that is just not true. They would be right by the way lol. Most girls i know would not wanna just casually jump in the shower with me. Maybe im just ugly. I think many straight men don't feel comftorable showering with gay men. Who cares about the reason behind it. Women have plus sized stored so there not being "judged". Do you think men are judging woman by what size pants there buying?
One, I don't see Chiel as attacking you personally. I see her as attacking ignorance. As to your male massage clients, do you ever find yourself wondering if they are gay or straight? If not, then yes, I would say you are comfortable with your own sexuality. I'm not a 'girl' any more, but I can tell you that I never thought all guys were 'interested' in me, either sexually or for any other reason. As for the underlined, are you saying you automatically fantasize about sex with every female you see? If so, then that might be a problem you should discuss with a therapist, because it's really not 'normal'. And any guy, gay or straight, who would worry about sharing a shower with another guy also has a problem called egotism - he must think he's such a stud that everyone would want him!
Oh, and Plus-size stores are not about judgment - they carry fashionable clothes in sizes not found in 'regular' stores.

Last edited by MsMcQ LV; 07-11-2010 at 09:14 AM.. Reason: additional comment

Old 07-11-2010, 09:21 AM

Oh, for pete sake! Most people I know, when heading for the shower, are going to get themselves clean! NOT to 'jump the bones' of whoever else happens to be there!

Quote:
mixed gender environment different from a shower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
As a hetrosexual...are you able to control your own 'passions' towards the opposite sex??

When working in a mixed gender enviornment...do you jump across the table and tackle the first male co-worker you walk past??

And wildly start kissing them??

If you can control your sexuality, what makes you think gay people can't control theirs??

Old 07-11-2010, 09:26 AM

418 posts, read 1,090,473 times
Well if DTDA is repealed just remember not to drop the soap.

Old 07-11-2010, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
As my daughter, the Sgt. Major tells her soldiers; "If you think you haven't already showered with someone who is gay or lesbian then you must be awfully dirty." Soldiers who are gay or lesbian have served in the armed forces as long as there have been armed forces. Soldiers have been showering with them since the beginning without problem. What strikes me is that most of the objection doesn't seem to be based on what a gay or lesbian soldier woud DO. It appears to be based mostly on what the gay or lesbian might THINK. Will you please tell me how what someone THINKS is harmful to anyone? If you really believe that our soldiers who face bombs, bullets, and IEDs are endangered by someone's THOUGHTS then you think much less of them than I do. And you might just keep in mind that it is also the gay and lesbian soldiers who willingly face those bombs, bullets, and IEDs for our country and tell them "thank you for your service."
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
Is she a lesbian ?
Are you for real? Totally thoughtless and unnecessary question.

Old 07-11-2010, 09:40 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,198,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Really?? Thank goodness... I HATED showering in PE class during high school... I never understood why they couldn't make private showers... I felt uncomfortable even among heterosexuals especially when the coach would stand next to the showers watching the guys shower.... seriously, why would anyone do that...
Maybe he was gay

Old 07-11-2010, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
A perfectly normal, natural, and benign sexuality is not a perversion. Irrational hatred and bigotry towards it, however, is.
Ain't nothing--perfectly normal--with 2 people of the same sex having sex with each other.

Old 07-11-2010, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
Oh, for pete sake! Most people I know, when heading for the shower, are going to get themselves clean! NOT to 'jump the bones' of whoever else happens to be there!
Why aren't all military barracks co-ed ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies