Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 10:53 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
I mentioned the Biden thing as an example to show the hypocrisy. And yes, the VP's daughter doing cocaine is news. I didnt say ridicule her or destroy her over it, but it shouldve been allowed to be covered. She was an adult at the time and made a choice to snort coke, and obviously wasnt new to doing so. Yet, that news was squashed really, really fast. It was here in gone within an hour or two.
How do you know about it if it wasn't covered?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2010, 12:32 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times
What a disgusting hateful song I don't care who it references. Down Syndrome Girl song should make all the organizations that help disabled people boiling mad.

Old 07-15-2010, 03:04 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,446,589 times
You can say whatever you want to say, doesn't mean it's not insensitive. There's no speech police yet. Just be prepared to be called rude and chastised for it.

Old 07-15-2010, 04:07 AM

296 posts, read 273,377 times
Welcome to last season

Old 07-15-2010, 06:23 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,653,909 times
I don't care if it was "last season" or 20 years ago.
I also don't live on here so I didn't know it had been "discussed".
All I know is that to defend something like THIS when the most popular word around here is "RACIST" shows me that there is something terribly wrong with this country.
A person yelling "kill the cracker babies" and making fun of a Downs Syndrome child is just fine but God help us all if a person says something that ONE person may PERCEIVE as being racist.
That bulls#it about her exposing her child leaves that baby open to the slurs of sick people?
What should she do? Should she lock him up in the attic???
Well, you can talk about her all that you want but at least she didn't kill him.
Attack an innocent baby and make fun of him just to hurt his mother,
BIG TIME SICK but whatever you do, don't say the "N WORD"!! If it wasn't so sad it would be laughable.
Lets create a song about it and see if it receives an award.
Oh no, we can't because it might hurt someone and the only person we are allowed to hurt is Sarah Palin.
Yeah, lets stick daggers in her heart because after all, she is not a human being.
Sicko people in this world.

Old 07-15-2010, 06:31 AM

1,928 posts, read 3,643,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
OMG, like 5 months late to the party...it's aired like Feb 15th.
The Emmy nomination just came out which is why it's in the news again.

Old 07-15-2010, 07:06 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,653,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
Bottom line: only liberals get to decide what is is in bounds and what is not, what is insensitive and what is not, what is politically correct and what is not. Get used to it. The lesson for today is if you're a conservative and you have a Downs Syndrome baby, your baby is fair game.
It is sick.

Old 07-15-2010, 07:39 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,447,180 times
Let's see, we can't say the word retarded, but it's PC enough for family guy to have a show about a Downs Syndrome child? The entire hollyweird scene has gone off the cliff.

Old 07-15-2010, 08:12 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,856,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
I have seen it all now.
There is a song out about a downs syndrome baby or person, I don't know but heard it is up for an award.
I am sitting here sickened and in shock.
There are evil people in this world, didn't really believe it before but now I do.

Family Guy
So when are we going to see Family Guy make fun of the Obama girls, or the live-in mother-in-law, or Mechelle's huge behind????????

Old 07-15-2010, 08:58 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
I have seen it all now.
There is a song out about a downs syndrome baby or person, I don't know but heard it is up for an award.
I am sitting here sickened and in shock.
There are evil people in this world, didn't really believe it before but now I do.

Family Guy
Me too, I couldn't beleive what I was seeing. there are not enough words to discribe what poor taste and how deplorable this is.

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies