Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 03:41 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,254,968 times

Advertisements

This is one liberal (or so I'm called), and I've heard people talk about this Family Guy show like it was great. The show didn't sound like anything I'd enjoy, so I've never seen it. In fact, the show sounds disgusting.

I think Sarah Palin is a shark, a fake, a quitter, and BS'er deluxe. I don't like her. But I don't find anything funny about making fun of her son, nor do I understand why anyone would defend that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2010, 03:46 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,403,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
I don't care if it was "last season" or 20 years ago.
I also don't live on here so I didn't know it had been "discussed".
That's what the search feature is for

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
So when are we going to see Family Guy make fun of the Obama girls, or the live-in mother-in-law, or Mechelle's huge behind????????
Probably never. They don't typically tell the jokes that everyone else is telling.

Old 07-15-2010, 03:50 PM

23,655 posts, read 17,551,805 times
This thread is new for the fact that disgusting song was nominated for an Emmy. I hope that Special Olympics, etc. picket the show.

Old 07-15-2010, 03:50 PM

2,713 posts, read 3,029,665 times
Sarah needs to go away. She can't even control her own family.
The media needs to leave her alone and hopefully she will fade away.

Old 07-15-2010, 04:29 PM

3,175 posts, read 3,662,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
^^^I agree with the above, but the song in question isn't about Trigg Palin. It's about a female character on a TV show. The OP threw in Sarah Palin's baby b/c the character referenced has Down's, and by extension, this is a song about Trigg Palin, who also has Down's.

….’Family Guy’ gets a nod for controversial ‘Down’s Syndrome Girl.’ Remember the February episode of ‘Family Guy’ whose throwaway joke by a character with Downs Syndrome (she said her mother was the former governor of Alaska) threw Sarah Palin and her minions into a week-long fit of rage? The Academy does, and it recognized that episode for its even more potentially offensive highlight, Stewie’s dubious tribute to the character, his song-and-dance number ‘Down’s Syndrome Girl.’ Better not tell Team Palin that the tune, composed by ‘Family Guy’ creator Seth MacFarlane and Walter Murphy, earned a nomination for Outstanding Original Music and Lyrics.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 07-15-2010 at 05:35 PM.. Reason: Edited quoted text/please discuss the topic, not each other

Old 07-15-2010, 04:40 PM

90,296 posts, read 120,991,693 times
The song is not about Sarah Palin's baby, as it was so saccharinely put. It is about a TV character who is female.

Old 07-15-2010, 04:59 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,856,516 times
‘Family Guy’ Voice Actor Says Palin ‘Does Not Have a Sense of Humor’ - ArtsBeat Blog - NYTimes.com

In an e-mail message sent on Thursday to The New York Times, Ms. Friedman wrote:

I guess former Governor Palin does not have a sense of humor. I thought the line “I am the daughter of the former governor of Alaska” was very funny. I think the word is “sarcasm.”

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 07-15-2010 at 05:36 PM.. Reason: Copyright violation -- please post a link and "snippet" only

Old 07-15-2010, 05:05 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,853,955 times
Quote:
I have seen it all now.
There is a song out about a downs syndrome baby or person, I don't know but heard it is up for an award.
I am sitting here sickened and in shock.
There are evil people in this world, didn't really believe it before but now I do.

Family Guy
The Hollywood leftist guttersnipes rule....end of story

Old 07-15-2010, 05:49 PM

37,282 posts, read 19,289,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
The Hollywood leftist guttersnipes rule....end of story
You say that like it's a bad thing...

Old 07-16-2010, 12:58 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,477,846 times
Quote:
I have seen it all now.
There is a song out about a downs syndrome baby or person, I don't know but heard it is up for an award.
I am sitting here sickened and in shock.
There are evil people in this world, didn't really believe it before but now I do.

Family Guy
Family Guy is always edgy and always making fun of people - and they make fun of pretty much everyone. They're equal opportunity shock humorists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies