Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 05:55 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,142,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen811 View Post
Agreed. This is actually when an armed civilian would work wonders. If someone with common sense killed him before he went on a killing spree maybe no one would have died but the person that wanted to commit mass murder.

Police will take too long. Sorry police are worthless for spur of the moment attacks. Unless you can waste 5 min and by that time crime is already over. They only are ever good at crimes that are committed over and over again in a pattern.

When someone wants to kill, and they dont care if they live or die, it is extremely easy for them to do so. Only way, is to end their life if at that moment you have no choice.

Now if they had good aim and they can aim for their hand holding the gun and control the situation then they dont need to kill of course. But if it is dead even/enemy is stronger just kill him and be done with it. You have no choice.
Things like this are the best argument for concealed carry. Unfortunately, most employers will not allow a gun to be brought on the premises, rendering the concept of being able to protect yourself virtually useless.

It would have been great if someone would have been able to stop him. I recall a man, many, many years ago who was bent on bass murder but stopped in his tracks by someone with a concealed weapon. I cannot recall the details now, it has been so long ago. Was it Luby's Cafeteria in Texas? Anybody remember?

20yrsinBranson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2010, 06:06 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,711,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
What i don't get is why this isn't being called a hate crime. Holy christ could you imagine the uproar and hell from the NAACP and rainbow push if this exact same crime happened, but white on black? It would be front page headline news.
If that was true then why is the WHITE serial killer in flint Michigan, that has KILLED 5 and stabbed 13 older and frail black men to death since may not generating all this attention that you speak about? The guy is still on the loose and I have not heard a word from Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton or the story hitting national news?

The Associated Press: Mich. police search for suspected serial killer

You guys don't know what the hell you are talking about. Where is the front page headline news and the NAACP? Obviously hyperbole is the only way you guys feel you have an argument.

Old 08-06-2010, 06:09 PM

720 posts, read 691,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
The question is not how much blacks use the claim, the question is are there still white racist.
Actually the question is how much white racism still exists AND how much blacks misuse the claim...

Sir, the way you word your question could be construed as "I will never let sleeping dogs lie" and move forward!

Old 08-06-2010, 06:12 PM

Quote:
If that was true then why is the WHITE serial killer in flint Michigan, that has KILLED 5 and stabbed 13 older and frail black men to death since may not generating all this attention that you speak about? The guy is still on the loose and I have not heard a word from Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton or the story hitting national news?

The Associated Press: Mich. police search for suspected serial killer

You guys don't know what the hell you are talking about. Where is the front page headline news and the NAACP? Obviously hyperbole is the only way you guys feel you have an argument.

The black vs. white has got to stop or we will never ride ourselves of the parasite called racism...as sooo many here claim to want to be rid of!

Old 08-06-2010, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanothermanger View Post
Actually the question is how much white racism still exists AND how much blacks misuse the claim...

Sir, the way you word your question could be construed as "I will never let sleeping dogs lie" and move forward!

Wrong! Racist do not admit they are racist or that their motives are racist. Thus.....how can blacks ever be sure that a negative act is not motivated by race? Are you suggesting that blacks stop fighting against racism because we cannot be sure who the actual racist are anymore? White racism then wins when blacks stop figthing against it. Maybe that is what you want.

Old 08-06-2010, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Wrong! Racist do not admit they are racist or that their motives are racist. Thus.....how can blacks ever be sure that a negative act is not motivated by race? Are you suggesting that blacks stop fighting against racism because we cannot be sure who the actual racist are anymore? White racism them wins when blacks stop figthing against it.
No, I am suggesting that people open their eyes and address the issues separately as they should..Yes, we all know that white on black racism ran rampant in our country for a long time, HOWEVER, do not kid yourself into thinking that the whites have not been discriminated against by blacks. It does happen..

As far as how can they ever really know, nothing in life is guaranteed, you learned that in kindergarten..Yes, watch for it, don't use it at your leisure..

Old 08-06-2010, 06:22 PM

Quote:
The black vs. white has got to stop or we will never ride ourselves of the parasite called racism...as sooo many here claim to want to be rid of!
Oh please....stop with the coombuyah BS! I posted that link to refute an ignorant claim that YOU agreed with about if a white person does something to blacks the NAACP, RAINBOW Coalition and headlines takes over. BS! You skipped right over addressing that what you agreed with is contradicted by this story. What about the white cop in Detroit that killed the 7 year old black girl in a home raid. No black riots, no NAACP and non of the other hyperbolic reasoning that you all cling to.

Old 08-06-2010, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Oh please....stop with the coombuyah BS! I posted that link to refute an ignorant claim that YOU agreed with about if a white person does something the NAACP, RAINBOW Coalition and headlines takes over. BS! You skipped right over addressing that what you agreed with is contradicted by this story.

No to be frank, I am sick of hearing how "your people" as YOU have stated, have it oh so badly...Get in the now, live in the now, let the past go...That is the only way to move forward and rid ourselves of it..People like you consistently whining about only fuels it..........

EVERYONE in this world has had it bad somehow or another..

Old 08-06-2010, 06:30 PM

Quote:
No, I am suggesting that people open their eyes and address the issues separately as they should..Yes, we all know that white on black racism ran rampant in our country for a long time, HOWEVER, do not kid yourself into thinking that the whites have not been discriminated against by blacks. It does happen..

As far as how can they ever really know, nothing in life is guaranteed, you learned that in kindergarten..Yes, watch for it, don't use it at your leisure..
I am not kidding myself about anything. All I know is that blacks did not enslave whites or set up a legal system of jim crow segregation and blacks have not published books by black scientist about the intellectual inferiority of white people and what makes white people incapable of performing on the same level as whites. Furthermore, blacks are only 13% of the population and we have 3 times the poverty and twice the rate of unemployment as whites and have 15 times less wealth than whites meaning that blacks are hardly in positions of power and authority enough to impact whites even if blacks were as racist as whites are. Finally, actions create reactions. That is human nature. If you treat people like Moderator cut: language for centuries.....you cannot expect 12 red roses in return as the reaction. Then you call that "black racism".

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 08-07-2010 at 08:44 AM.. Reason: Please let the language filters do their job.

Old 08-06-2010, 06:38 PM

2,079 posts, read 4,952,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
What i don't get is why this isn't being called a hate crime. Holy christ could you imagine the uproar and hell from the NAACP and rainbow push if this exact same crime happened, but white on black? It would be front page headline news.
It's not a hate crime because the shooter said that he killed the victims because they were racists, not because they were white. Big difference, unless being racists is synonymous with being white.

Last edited by dorado0359; 08-06-2010 at 07:26 PM.. Reason: ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies