Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 09:52 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,457,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Yes, I generalized. This forum gives me plenty of ammuntion to do that. All one has to do is read through the comments in this thread and its quite easy to see just who the small-minded folks are: The ones who hang their hat on the "lie" that led to the Iraq War.

Like I said. Plenty of ammunition. Read up. Maybe one day you'll realize what a herd of sheep you folks have really become.
You read up.

Did that sound stupid to you? OK, because it sounded stupid to me too. I have read up. Just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean I haven't read up. What a dumb thing to say to someone.

I have encountered people here before who didn't have their facts straight and wouldn't let me correct them, but I'm not one of them.

I have read up. I'm gonna be as arrogant as you just were and assume you haven't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2010, 09:53 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,447,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Not to be rude, Cyber Queen, but try not to misread my posts.
You're not rude but what did I miss read. You are speaking for the families in the post below are you not. I don't feel that way nor do any of the families I know that lost loved ones. If I misunderstood your post I am sorry but that is how it sounded to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
He surprised the **** out of the families of the ones he got killed, when they learned that their kids had been suckered into dying for a lie.

Not to mention the collateral, I mean scuse me the Iraqis. Oh man, you shoulda seen their faces! hahahahahahaha!

Old 08-13-2010, 09:55 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,860,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
He made a few secret trips because if they were know, I am sure the enemy would have tried to shoot AF1 down. Doesn't make up for putting our soldiers in harms way in the first place.

And as for congress approving the war, Bush fooled almost everyone. Lets not forget his words of "Your either with us or your with the terrorists". With most of the country fooled, going against it was like political suicide so many withheld their common sense for politics.
Well they seem to love the man. Sadly there is a chance that the military is going to be put in harms way. They know that going in.

Oh enough of that Bush fooled people. The democrats before Bush said it other countries said there were wmds. Enough of this it was just Bush lying making things up. There is many quotes from Bill Clinton, Hillary, Pelosi all before Bush became president saying Iraq had wmds

Old 08-13-2010, 09:55 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,711,098 times
I respect Bush for staying out of politics.

Too bad he didn't make that choice about 10 years ago.

Old 08-13-2010, 09:57 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,162,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
George sent thousands of troops to death to settle a personal vendetta against Saddam and make some friends and donors richer.

So, no, I don't consider that respect for the troops sorry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
You read up.

Did that sound stupid to you? OK, because it sounded stupid to me too. I have read up. Just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean I haven't read up. What a dumb thing to say to someone.

I have encountered people here before who didn't have their facts straight and wouldn't let me correct them, but I'm not one of them.

I have read up. I'm gonna be as arrogant as you just were and assume you haven't.
If this is your proof that you've read up, then you flunk the test. There's no way you could harbor this view and be educated on geopolitical affairs dating back to the 1970's. Unless, of course, you're an intentionally obtuse person. I don't rule anything out.

Old 08-13-2010, 10:02 PM

3,135 posts, read 3,787,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
President Bush surprises the troops | Facebook

Hot Air » Photos: Bush surprises returning troops at Dallas airport

Im sorry, but you cant fake this. You cant fake George W. Bush's view and respect for our military. With Barry, it has the feel of a publicity stunt for photo ops. You dont get that realness feeling to it.

While I disagree with some of Bush's ideology and actions, he earned a lot of respect from me for his love for the military servicemen.

God bless George W. Bush and I have to give it to him for letting Barry do his thing and not getting involved. A president has enough fire coming from all directions usually that they dont need an ex-prez to chime in. Though Barry has only recently really started to get much heat from the media but thats a different story.

George and his wife have been very classy. I think they are wrong on some things politically, but they are classy.

Obama will NEVER get that type of response from our troops once his term in over with in 2012 and the libs know it. Maybe, that is why all the hate? Hot dang, looks like my boy Daryl "The Moose" Johnson was in the background(white shirt) Go US Troops and Go Cowboys!

Old 08-13-2010, 10:09 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,346,208 times
Quote:
Yeah, it was all this big lie that Bush came up with and some how persuaded Congress to vote for war.

No one is saying there wasnt faulty intelligence, but to come up with this baseless "lie" nonsense is ridiculous. Out of all of those who HATED Bush, all the media that HATED Bush, if there was evidence of this "lie" itd be out there and he'd face charges. There was no lie.

Like I said Congress voted for this. Many on both sides of the aisle thought war was the right thing to do at the time, based on the evidence THEY saw.
It was those anthrax letters what done it.

Works every time.

Old 08-13-2010, 10:09 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,447,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureNarcotic View Post
Whether or not Bush truly respected the troops is something entirely subjective...as evidenced by this thread. Thus, it cannot be "Fact."
It is fact in my eyes and many of the other families I know

Quote:
Also, you have some nerve speaking for ALL military families, when you are just one person. Do you have anything to contribute other than eye-rolling animations?
I NEVER said all, show me where I said all. And don't talk to me about nerve when you have people on here that have never lost anyone speaking for the families. Go b!itch at them for assuming they know how we feel, cause you're not selling that crap here. K!

Oh and here I will help you this is every post I made on this thread show me where I said ALL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
I AM one of those families and the man did care about and have respect for the troops. That is a FACT. Don't use "the families" line if you are NOT one of the families. You have NO idea how we feel.

Quote:
Not this family. I just love when people through "the families" line around when they are NOT one of the families. DO NOT speak for us!

Quote:
LMAO!!! That is funny almost like saying I give my kid who has no job money to buy drugs but it is not my fault at all because he is the one that actually talked to the dealer.

Quote:
You're not rude but what did I miss read. You are speaking for the families in the post below are you not. I don't feel that way nor do any of the families I know that lost loved ones. If I misunderstood your post I am sorry but that is how it sounded to me.

Old 08-13-2010, 10:15 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,182,001 times
Quote:
President Bush surprises the troops | Facebook

Hot Air » Photos: Bush surprises returning troops at Dallas airport

Im sorry, but you cant fake this. You cant fake George W. Bush's view and respect for our military. """

Why not? He faked being President.

"""With Barry, it has the feel of a publicity stunt for photo ops.""

ALL POLITICS IS PHOTO OPS right down to Bush's plastic Turkey in Iraq!

You dont get that realness feeling to it."""

While I disagree with some of Bush's ideology and actions, he earned a lot of respect from me for his love for the military servicemen.

God bless George W. Bush and I have to give it to him for letting Barry do his thing and not getting involved. A president has enough fire coming from all directions usually that they dont need an ex-prez to chime in."""

UH YA MISSED CHENEY'S big fat flapping critical mouth?????? Who needed Bush???

""" Though Barry has only recently really started to get much heat from the media but thats a different story.

George and his wife have been very classy. I think they are wrong on some things politically, but they are classy.
Ya, must be why he was so gung-ho about serving:ro lleyes:
"Classy " isn't starting unnecessary wars.

"Classy" isn't making fun of soldiers looking for WMDs.

"Classy" isn't referring to his base as the "Haves and Have Mores".

Old 08-13-2010, 10:27 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,328,154 times
Quote:
Say what you want about GWB
ok
scumbag
douchebag
fleabag
dirtbag
liar
thief
moron
imbecile
illiterate
jackass
disgrace
embarrassment
failure
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies