Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2010, 10:06 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,138,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Of course they would. I do not know why conservatives seem to think Muslims in the US would think that they have ownership of their whole street. While I think it's in poor taste and shows a deep level of reactionary immaturity, I highly doubt you'll get the reaction from Muslims that you're hoping to.
Um, no. They already stated that that would insensitive. So the Muslims can slap us right in the face and laugh at us, yet we are suppose to be "sensitive" to them.

What a frickin joke

Old 08-13-2010, 10:07 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,642,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Lets push the mosque thing aside for just a moment. Act like it isnt even being talked about.

Why are we paying this man to reach out to Muslims? Especially after his comments about 9/11, Osama, and refusal to condemn Hamas as a terrorist group. This man is using our tax dollars to fly around and "reach out" to Muslims on our behalf? WHY?! Why not use someone else. Perhaps someone who ISNT RADICAL!
Because he is a muslim. It is part of the plan.

Old 08-13-2010, 10:08 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,853,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnepler View Post
Maybe the next mosques will be built by the Pentagon and in the field in PA..
Psst...There already is a Mosque in the Pentagon and there are plenty of fields in PA.

Old 08-13-2010, 10:09 PM

2,539 posts, read 4,087,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
You are allowed to hold our nation to the low standards of Saudi Arabia. I, for one, am quite pleased that Obama is upholding the high standards of AMERICA by supporting the development of the Muslim community center in NYC.
Maybe he'll finally get his in the white house..

Old 08-13-2010, 10:10 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,272,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnepler View Post
At least their finished. The muslims are starting again.

Did you skip over my last post:

Islam is not RADICAL ISLAM (which is the sect that executes the terroristic acts that we see and hear).

Islam like any other faith has a huge following of PEACEFUL adherents. No violence, no disrespect to fellow human beings.

RADICAL ISLAM is a twisted version of ISLAM that is a strict belief that everyone else is BAD and they must fight it off

SAME With FUNDMENTALIST CHRISTIANS in America.

Christians have a huge following of PEACEFUL adulterants. No violence, no disrespect to fellow human beings (thought those in this thread didn't obviously learn much from their scriptures)

FUNDAMENTATLISTS (christians, catholics, baptists) are those who TWIST the word of "God" into a perverse version where everyone else is bad, and they must do everything in their power to fight off.

Westboro Baptist Church, America's Promise Ministries, Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, Jewish Defense League, Kingdom Identity Ministries --- and the lsit goes on and on.

ARe these groups what you want representative of your Christian / Catholic / jewish religion?

If not, then why be a hypocrite and blame those who follow Radical Islam (which is a very small representation of the belief) to all of Islam?

Old 08-13-2010, 10:11 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Saw this on the internet: "The guy from Red Eye is telling Beck that we should open a gay bar next to the mosque at ground zero - serving 72 different virgin drinks!!!! I'm all for it - I want to open up a Pork Processing Plant on the other side!!!"

Do all you leftist believe the muslims would support the right to open these businesses? Would hussein obama step up and defend them if the muslims had a problem with businesses like this by their terrorist camp disguised as a mosque?
That 72 virgins thing was a mis-translation of the original Koran. It was supposed to read, "One, 72 year old virgin".

Rimshot.....Rimshot.......Rimshot.

Old 08-13-2010, 10:12 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,030,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
"the supreme court has sickeningly twisted the true meaning of our Constitution"

That sir is the best poster boy statement for the right wing, Palenesque, radical, Take our country back crowd, ever. It epitomizes the deep threat we face from your kind, as a unified nation.

FYI: Our founding fathers established our government with three branches. The Supreme Court's only function in our governance is to interpret what the constitution means. The Constitution means whatever the Supreme Court say's it means in their decisions weather you or 100 million people say differently. You don't like it? Change the constitution.
the Constitution is very clear in my eyes. whatever the supreme court say's it means in their decisions are your words. thanx for clearing that up.I dont like it. and I see no need to change the constitution except the 14 th amendment but I do want it to be just interpet it correctly. after nov elections things will hopefully change. hows the weather by you since you brought it up? 49 degrees here in SW CO this morning. were at 7000 feet,been a cool summer so far

Old 08-13-2010, 10:12 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,272,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post

He's a Christian. He's one of you ninnies. Get over it.

Old 08-13-2010, 10:14 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,813,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Bingo!

Old 08-13-2010, 10:15 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,853,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
BS what's next a Japanese church at Pearl Harbor? sometimes you have to man up and say to hell with PC, and show respect to our dead. don't need no stinkin mosque there
What the hell is a Japanese church and what does that have to do with anything?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies