Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2010, 08:49 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,208,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBrad View Post
The mosque is being built a few blocks away. It's not like it's right on the 9/11 site or right next to it. If the president had said no, then all the Islamic people would revolt and we would find ourselves in a worse situation.

" the Islamic people would revolt" ????
but they are peaceful, right?

Old 08-15-2010, 08:50 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
Does his child not deserve to worship his/her God whenever, wherever they want too? Is this a second class citizen?
I find it somewhat disingenuous for the Left to be defending religious freedom, rights and all that stuff when they routinely disparage, demean and attack Christianity.

They will go to the mat for the rights of muslims.

Old 08-15-2010, 08:57 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I find it somewhat disingenuous for the Left to be defending religious freedom, rights and all that stuff when they routinely disparage, demean and attack Christianity.

NO individuals should be automatically judged and wrapped up in a neat little package assigned with certain attributes just because they belong to a particular religion. Or a particular race, ethnic background, gender, or whatever.

Old 08-15-2010, 08:58 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:

I demean Christianity when it tries to force its moral compass on me. If Muslims were sending countless lobbyists to the hill, trying to get abortion rulings overturned, I'd stand up against them in large measure also.

If Muslims were trying to get verses from the Qur'an plastered on the court steps here, I'd be protesting that.

But If Christians want to build a mega church down the road from my house, if its private property, I'd back them 100%. If a Baptist group wanted to open a church across from the abortion clinic that was bombed in Atlanta, as long as its private property, I'd support them.

Quit trying to make me, and others sound disingenuous. We are backing all religions right to practice where they want, on private property. Its a freedom issue, not a religious issue.

As I have said, Muslims have died for their right to practice freely in this country, just as Atheists, Christians, Deists, Jews, Buddhists, and all of the above. All they want is equal treatment under the law, thats what they fought, and died for.

Shame on anyone who dishonors those soldiers memories.

Old 08-15-2010, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
1. The President isn't Muslim. Any idiot who threw a fit about Rev. Wright will tell you he is a Christian.

2. It sure makes us look like we are at war with Islam when idiots go around screaming about a Mosque, when there is already one closer to the original site of the WTC towers.

Does this man not deserve equal protection under the law? Does his child not deserve to worship his/her God whenever, wherever they want too? Is this a second class citizen?

I tell you this, the man who lies beneath that headstone deserves better than the crap y'all have been spewing here. No one likes what happened on 9/11, and no one is defending the lunatics that committed those terrible acts. Muslims died in the towers that day too, and in the Pentagon. They prayed in Mosques, they didn't hate us, they loved us. They were Americans also.

Banning a Mosque because of what happened on 9/11 would be like banning Christians from the Middle East, because of the crusades. And before someone mentions the lack of Christian churches in Saudi Arabia, do you really want to be Saudi Arabia? Really?
To add to that, it's a good idea to keep in mind that one of the chief complaints of Muslim terrorists is that the United States builds military bases in Saudi Arabia on what they consider to be holy land. Our government didn't show a whole lot of this "sensitivity" when they did that, did they. The thing the extremists got wrong is that we didn't do this to make war on Muslims. We did it to ensure that we had first claim on energy resources and the related financial benefits.

Old 08-15-2010, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
What makes you think they build "a temple" to honor 9/11?
A popular Internet belief.

This requires disregarding the fact that the imam has spent his entire life in New York City encouraging Muslims to become more Americanized, empowering women, and creating interfaith dialogue. How people think this philosophy would take a sharp turn to build a monument to terrorism is beyond me.

Old 08-15-2010, 09:29 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
A popular Internet belief.

This requires disregarding the fact that the imam has spent his entire life in New York City encouraging Muslims to become more Americanized, empowering women, and creating interfaith dialogue. How people think this philosophy would take a sharp turn to build a monument to terrorism is beyond me.
He is a radical, associated with radicals, extremists and terrorist sympathizers.

Ground Zero imam tied to anti-Israel Gaza blockade runners - NYPOST.com

Quote:
The imam behind a proposed mosque near Ground Zero is a prominent member of a group that helped sponsor the pro-Palestinian activists who clashed violently with Israeli commandos at sea this week.

Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf is a key figure in Malaysian-based Perdana Global Peace Organization, according to its Website.
http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/the-gro...adical-dreams/

Now, I know none of this will matter to the Left because they have the same sympathizes as this radical imam.

Old 08-15-2010, 09:34 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
He is a radical, associated with radicals, extremists and terrorist sympathizers.

Ground Zero imam tied to anti-Israel Gaza blockade runners - NYPOST.com

Pajamas Media » The Ground Zero Mosque Developer: Muslim Brotherhood Roots, Radical Dreams

Now, I know none of this will matter to the Left because they have the same sympathizes as this radical imam.
While I feel this is a completely different issue.

1. Its posted on the groups website, He may not have given as much, or anything unless proven linked.

2. Whats wrong with breaking a blockade for food to people in Gaza. What weapons were found on the boat

NO Weapons Found On Gaza Flotilla! More Ships Headed To Break Israeli Blockade! Video

Old 08-15-2010, 09:47 AM

6,734 posts, read 9,342,697 times
UPDATE: Mosque Developers Open To Relocation Offer

Old 08-15-2010, 09:48 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,216,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey
I would expect, that as President of the U.S., sworn to defend the Constitution that Obama would have something to say about the co-existence of Islam and the U.S. Constitution.

As the goal, the command of Islam is to rule the world how can it exist within the U.S.? What part of the U.S. Constitution protects its adversary? Other, I suspect, than the commerce clause.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Deuteronomy 17
If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant; 17:3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; 17:4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel; 17:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.

All religions have stupid texts. Christianity is no different. The problem with your logic is, that if we ban all religions with violent texts, we'd have hardly no religion.

Most Muslims don't kill anyone, most Muslims don't want to take over the world.

People who push so hard that they want to ban all of them, only bolsters the enemy. Its easy to say "See, the Americans hate us" when we are banning Mosques, and trying to say there is no place in our country for them. Its much harder for terrorists to say "See, they hate us" when we let them have the same freedoms that the rest of us enjoy.
Memphis, I'm not referring to any person's religion. I'm referring to Islam as a political entity. Yes, it is also a religion but it is the politics of the Muslim sect.

Agreed, most Muslims couldn't care less about Islamic politics but their failure to subdue the radicals makes them complicit in the actions of Islam. In the U.S. we do attempt to subdue the Christian radicals in government. Don't we - eh?

It is those radicals in Islam that are the problem. They control the mosques. They enforce the rules. They supply the cash to terrorist organizations. They issue fatwas. They say one thing in english and something entirely different is arabic. Can you translate?

It is the proliferation of Islam in the U.S. that is the problem. Islam seeks to rule the world. That is in opposition to the U.S. Constitution.

Granted, other than Friday nites there's nothing religious about this proposed mosque. It is, otherwise, entirely a political entity. When will the President address the political issue? I would suggest NOT before the people wake up to the political issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies